Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, that is JUST the critiquing I am looking for, thanks! I am going to take it all into consideration and work on that tonight. I used to think the same thing about listing everything down like that because for myself it was a lot to read and weed out to compare each service/package. Others said that it was good to explain each step for each one but I didn`t really think so even though I ended up keeping it for now. I think what I may do is list the first one like the Basic detail out then for the others I will just say: Same as Basic Plus: then list the extras to show what is on top of the basic with the Premium. Make sense?

I really appreciate you taking the time to go through this for me! Hopefully by next week I can have it wrapped up and something cleaned up and simplified on it. As for the interior exterior deal. I think I plan to keep the interior on the details but instead of full interior on the Signature I will drop it back to the basic wipe down like the rest have and if they want an interior detail then it will be a certain amount on top like you mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn F.
    Mike, that is JUST the critiquing I am looking for, thanks! I am going to take it all into consideration and work on that tonight. I used to think the same thing about listing everything down like that because for myself it was a lot to read and weed out to compare each service/package. Others said that it was good to explain each step for each one but I didn`t really think so even though I ended up keeping it for now. I think what I may do is list the first one like the Basic detail out then for the others I will just say: Same as Basic Plus: then list the extras to show what is on top of the basic with the Premium. Make sense?

Glad to help! Yep, I think that would make it much easier to read/understand! And yes, I used to think the same thing about listing all the "How`s" of each of my steps. Now I realize I was an idiot back then, haha!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I put the time required because most customers were asking how long for each service they will need to leave the vehicle for so I did that so they know what to expect. I have had multiple comments on it and how they like that they do not have to question the amount of time it takes for each service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Yes, the Stage I is an AIO (typically Optimum GPS). The reason I don`t do large vehicles is because I`ve had 5 back surgeries and the most recent one this past December left me with nerve damage in my legs (ie - numbness & weakness). It`s not a good idea for me to be working on ladder at this point. Plus, I only do this part-time now days so I can pick & choose the work I take on.

Wow, 5 back surgeries. Sorry to here about the back problems. I probably wouldn`t even be still detailing (on the side) with a bad back like that but kudos to you for keeping it going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, I put the time required because most customers were asking how long for each service they will need to leave the vehicle for so I did that so they know what to expect. I have had multiple comments on it and how they like that they do not have to question the amount of time it takes for each service.

Hmm...yeah I guess you should leave it. When I had my shop, even if the actual work time was only 6 hours, I`d tell them a day to allow for phone calls, walk-in`s, breaks, or for those unforeseen`s that sometimes comes along while you`re working on a car. I always wanted to make sure I had more than enough time to get it done so they didn`t come back & the vehicle not be finished.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the insight on that.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Time 2 Shine
    Wow, 5 back surgeries. Sorry to here about the back problems. I probably wouldn`t even be still detailing (on the side) with a bad back like that but kudos to you for keeping it going.

Yeah, people are shocked if the topic comes up. It`s definitely not fun, but I guess because it`s been progressive over the last 15 years, I`ve slowly gotten used to my "normal" life of chronic pain & discomfort, haha!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    For most of my jobs I tell customers that I will need the vehicle overnight and all day. I tell them that between customers coming in, lunch break and phone calls that I am not able to get a solid 6-8 hours in a day JUST on their car since I am running the business and doing the actual work. I have never had an issue with this, 95% of my customers do not mind keeping it overnight. Its very rare that they need it same day. I do like having the time on there too because they can see that I am actually working on it for the time they are paying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IHA Mark
    My packages follow the KISS method... keep it simple stupid!

Basic

Premium

Executive

Wow. I`m about to launch in a couple of weeks and I decided on a totally opposite approach. Full Service (wash and vac) The "Quickie" (Full service+wax), Soccer Mom/Daddy Daycare (Interior Detail) Ching Sparkle Sparkle! (Exterior Detail), Bling Bling! (Full Detail), then the VIP Package billed hourly.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t get the image to post but here`s a link to my page to show what I did *shrug*

Detailing | Renu

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that chart! Makes things look simple and clean. What web builder do you use if you don`t mind me asking? I redid mine a little bit for now but still not exactly what I want. Seems that most of my customers do not just want an exterior or interior detail, they usually want both and I am afraid that if I separate interior and exterior that they will feel like they have to buy 2 services instead of 1 package and scare them away...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of making one of your details the "The Streamline Detail". This could be the most common choice, or it could be the top of the line, whichever you choose. On my site http://metropolitandetail.com/services/detail/packages/ Click on the compare prices and it gives you a schematic of the what`s included. I think this makes it easier for people to make a decision about what they need.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually was going to name the Full Signature Detail "The Streamline Detail" and may end up doing it still once I figure out what to do here... Not sure if I should have my services stay like they are and for paint correction just have a "Paint Restoration" service or what. I am thinking about having the Wash and Vac, Maintenance Detail, Basic Detail and Premium detail as my detail packages and the Premium will just be an AIO one step polish with a dedicated paint sealant on top. Then have the paint correction side with a Single Step Polish, Multi Step Polish and Restoration Paint correction for classics and just full out paint correction (more of my high end type)... Opinions on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    John, I have been looking at your website (great site btw) and I like the fact that you do not have paint correction services, it`s just an hourly rate to do paint correction in general. If I did such a thing, I believe I can leave my detail services I have now (maybe add or change a few things) and then just have an hourly rate for paint correction. I like this idea simply for the fact that every vehicle is different and requires different steps, materials, and time. Some may not agree with hourly wages on detailing but I believe when it comes to paint correction it`s a must. Body shops charge by the hour as well as many other automotive shops/industries.

Post Thanks / Like
    John, I have been looking at your website (great site btw) and I like the fact that you do not have paint correction services, it`s just an hourly rate to do paint correction in general. If I did such a thing, I believe I can leave my detail services I have now (maybe add or change a few things) and then just have an hourly rate for paint correction. I like this idea simply for the fact that every vehicle is different and requires different steps, materials, and time. Some may not agree with hourly wages on detailing but I believe when it comes to paint correction it`s a must. Body shops charge by the hour as well as many other automotive shops/industries.
    Thanks!

Yup, I think it`s the only way to do it. This gives you some flexibility as far as polishes you choose, and if you want to do a 3 stage polish in only certain areas, or want to wetsand a few spots, whatever the customer wants to spend is how much time you will spend. All of my customers understand that we have to charge by the hour, never had a problem with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information