Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of use with iPhones, iPads or Andriod based phones, you need to check out Square at https://squareup.com/

I signed up and got the "dongle" in the mail. I ran a test swipe and transaction. Works great.

I hope this will make it less "painful" when customers pick a more expensive detailing package.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    For those of use with iPhones, iPads or Andriod based phones, you need to check out Square at https://squareup.com/

I signed up and got the "dongle" in the mail. I ran a test swipe and transaction. Works great.

I hope this will make it less "painful" when customers pick a more expensive detailing package.

I love it! Made a huge difference in my business! I use the Motorola Droid from Verizon
    It is not worth doing unless you do it right

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring the Square to Canada and I`ll be the first to sign up !
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife uses one for her photography business. It works great. My only worry I`d that I`m suter in the next six months she will probably lose the dongle since we have it set up to be used on any of our phones or our android tablet.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Im using the Intuit credit cards app for iphone, they sent me the free CC reader. works great, what rates are yall getting? im at 1.7% of sale.
    Sidewerks Auto Detailing

Serving Northern VA/DC/MD

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe for my wife it is between 2.5 and 2.7. Someone correct me if I`m wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is straight from Square`s website.

"Square`s card processing fees are:

2.75% + 15¢ for swiped transactions

3.5% + 15¢ for keyed-in transactions

There are no activation, gateway, monthly, early termination, or hidden fees"

So it is more than Intuit`s fees. I will be checking out Intuit`s program for her so we can save some money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey388
    "Square`s card processing fees are:

2.75% + 15¢ for swiped transactions

3.5% + 15¢ for keyed-in transactions

There are no activation, gateway, monthly, early termination, or hidden fees"
    There was a thread about credit cards a few weeks ago in the Pro Detailer section of the forum. "never gone" seemed to have some strong insights, so I`ll send him a PM and invite him to this thread (mainly so he can type out a 2-pager on how you`re being ripped off)
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    If you process more that $1,000 with the Intuit solution, there is a monthly fee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject but this sounds interesting and something I can definitely use asap so I`d like to clarify on how it works. Basically I`d just create an account where I`ll get the little reader and software for free, while I give them my bank account # in which to transfer all the payments. From there they don`t collect anything other than a % from each transaction. Also, I can either swipe a card with my phone and the reader as well as open up their software then key in the card # and charge that way.

Is that pretty much the gist of it? Also, what happens if you don`t charge anything for a while... do you need to send the little reader back to them, keep it, etc? Lastly, does the carrier/phone matter much? I have a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone with TMobile but I do have internet access with it... any issues with that?

Thanks!
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The fees for Square are listed above. It`s as easy as it says. There is a help section on Square if you want to read all of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    The fees for Square are listed above. It`s as easy as it says. There is a help section on Square if you want to read all of that.

haha you didn`t answer me at all. I`ll read through it and see what I come up with.

On another note, at what point in the process do you give them your bank acct. info? My friend just signed up for it and wasn`t asked for his bank acct # at all...
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    haha you didn`t answer me at all. I`ll read through it and see what I come up with.

On another note, at what point in the process do you give them your bank acct. info? My friend just signed up for it and wasn`t asked for his bank acct # at all...

Using an iphone with t mobile should be fine for square. You are correct with your assumption you posted earlier. After you create your account go on a computer and sign in and on your account information add your address and bank account. They will need to verify your bank account and they do this by adding two small deposits and withdrawing the total amount of these deposits.

You can take payments from people by using the handy reader they send you or by manually inputting the credit card number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey388
    Using an iphone with t mobile should be fine for square. You are correct with your assumption you posted earlier. After you create your account go on a computer and sign in and on your account information add your address and bank account. They will need to verify your bank account and they do this by adding two small deposits and withdrawing the total amount of these deposits.

You can take payments from people by using the handy reader they send you or by manually inputting the credit card number.

Thanks! Going to sign up now.
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum usage for the Square? I`m thinking about getting it but I only take on 1-2 cars a month...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information