Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum usage for the Square? I`m thinking about getting it but I only take on 1-2 cars a month...

Chad, from what I`ve heard there`s no charges whatsoever aside from the fees per card charge. I signed up about a week ago and like it a lot.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if there is a minimum usage for the Square? I`m thinking about getting it but I only take on 1-2 cars a month...

Well you have to charge at least $1 for a transaction, other than that, no.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    Well you have to charge at least $1 for a transaction, other than that, no.

Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    Chad, from what I`ve heard there`s no charges whatsoever aside from the fees per card charge. I signed up about a week ago and like it a lot.

Cool. Thanks guys. I`m going to get it now then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That was easy. I like that I can use it right away even without the reader. Sent myself $1 and I like that it emails you the receipt and lets you attached a pic of the item too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That was easy. I like that I can use it right away even without the reader. Sent myself $1 and I like that it emails you the receipt and lets you attached a pic of the item too.

I think they charge you a higher rate if you hand enter rather than using the reader.

It is pretty sweet!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it on a few transactions, super nice the customers love it. I only do a few credit transactions a month, cash is still king. They love the fact they get an email reciept. The only thing I wish is that I would get their email from the transaction, for follow up marketing stuff. I could do it the old fashion way I guess.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    I`ve used it on a few transactions, super nice the customers love it. I only do a few credit transactions a month, cash is still king. They love the fact they get an email reciept. The only thing I wish is that I would get their email from the transaction, for follow up marketing stuff. I could do it the old fashion way I guess.

Cheers,

GREG

Yeah that would be nice Greg. I usually get their email by sending them my price list (no web page yet) or from sending them articles. I often send them several links to the blog for reference on washing or other questions they may have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Square since September and absolutely love it. I also love the fact you can use it to track your cash transactions as well. I used Gopayment by intuit before I received my square reader. Intuit just came out w/ the new program to basically crush Square. I was paying $19.99 a month for intuit and now I`m only paying $12.99 and received a free card reader w/ rates about 1% lower than Square BUT a monthly fee.

While in the end Intuit comes out cheaper, Square is just more simplistic and works incredibly well. The first time I tried and used my free card reader from Intuit, it said card not compatible (guess I need to sign up to accept amex). Square, you just swipe and you`re great to go no matter the card and also the % fee is still the same no matter the card with Square. Also I am using the iPhone 4 and my intuit card reader does not fit w/ my case..and taking it off every time I need to use it just a pain and dangerous to the wellbeing of my phone! Square, fits perfectly and works perfectly every time. I shall stick it out w/ Square unless I`m keying a card then I`ll use intuit. Not to mention Square has only been out for a super short time. They stick to everything they say and keep progressing. This is just my input from using both for some time now.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! Nice to see some solid feedback from someone who`s used both.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few thoughts on credit cards. I have been debating whether to accept credit or not. Honestly, it is very rare that any of my customers brings up using a credit card. When I tell them I accept only cash or check, it is never a problem. I think that the segment of people who purchases auto detailing services are usually higher income individuals. Their purchases will not be overly influenced by the acceptance of credit cards. Obviously, accepting credit is an added expense, which ultimately reduces profit. The main reason why I have considered it is to make it more convenient for my customers to pay and for me to get payment. As for the phone apps, it could be a security issue. Smart phones are now a target for cyber criminals because most people are simply not aware of the vulnerabilities. Running lots of credit card numbers through them seems like it could become a problem.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`d just like to add that my card reader has already shipped. Considering it was after 3:00pm on Monday when I signed up I`d say that`s pretty dang quick. I noticed some of the reviews where people said they waited forever to get theirs so they must have improved on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`d just like to add that my card reader has already shipped. Considering it was after 3:00pm on Monday when I signed up I`d say that`s pretty dang quick. I noticed some of the reviews where people said they waited forever to get theirs so they must have improved on this.

Got mine in 3days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    I have a few thoughts on credit cards. I have been debating whether to accept credit or not. Honestly, it is very rare that any of my customers brings up using a credit card. When I tell them I accept only cash or check, it is never a problem. I think that the segment of people who purchases auto detailing services are usually higher income individuals. Their purchases will not be overly influenced by the acceptance of credit cards. Obviously, accepting credit is an added expense, which ultimately reduces profit. The main reason why I have considered it is to make it more convenient for my customers to pay and for me to get payment. As for the phone apps, it could be a security issue. Smart phones are now a target for cyber criminals because most people are simply not aware of the vulnerabilities. Running lots of credit card numbers through them seems like it could become a problem.

I think they are encrypted. Unless you have physical access, its very hard to unscramble it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think using Square gives you that ability to accept them on a limited basis. It doesn`t cost you ANYTHING to have the account and reader as a back up option. Cash is king and I tell my clients that I prefer cash, most oblige this. I don`t take checks anymore unless this is primo client, too many problems and too hard to deal with bounced checks.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Like you said, it all depends on your clientele. 99 out of 100 people pay me with plastic (be it Interac, Visa or Mastercard). Not having that option would put me out of business, plain and simple.

I wouldn`t worry about the phone apps, assuming you`re referring to someone intercepting the transaction information vs someone physically stealing the device. Most of these apps are running through a cellular network, which I can tell you from first hand experience is much more secure than a POS terminal in a retail store.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information