Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple more shots of the LS430 from this thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60824

These show the deep green color better than the whole car shots.

Detailer`s Pride Super Swirl Eliminator with a Meguiars polishing pad on the hood and trunk lid, then Optimum Polish and a Meguiars polishing pad on the whole car, sealed with Poorboy`s EX-P Sealant.

=============

2001 BMW 323i. Did this one today. Pretty decent shape overall, just a few scratches on the trunk lid and some tar on the lower panels behind the wheels. Optimum Polish with a Meguiars polishing pad (mostly with the speed on 5, 6 on the trunk lid-love that long working time!), the Optimum Car Wax by hand. Pics aren`t that great, took them about 30-40 minutes before sundown and they had a lot of trees on their property, nowhere to get better shots.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    This was a long day. 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2003 Toyota Highlander. Both full details. Luckily, neither is very big and both were in pretty good shape.

The Jeep got Optimum Polish with a Meguiars polishing pad and Optimum Car Wax by hand. Meguiars #38 Tire and Trim Gel on the plastic cladding.

This shot shows just how wet the Optimum combo is:

I used Optimum again with the Meguiars pad on the Highlander but finished with Poorboy`s EX-P Sealant by hand.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    good job man!
    [quote name=`DocHoliday`]I recently had SSR2.5 on toast for breakfast, was tasty and it polished my teeth![/QUOTE]

:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    2004 Lexus SC430. Just to show Souveran has at least some durability....at least on a garage queen! Applied Souveran in mid May, the car has maybe been driven 500 miles since, only had to QEW wash it twice since then. Still looks amazing!

2005 Cadillac Escalade. Last waxed with FK1 Pink Wax in early March (I think) when they first bought it. Still looked really good, so I polished it with Poorboy`s Polish w/carnauba with a Meguiars polishing pad and topped with Natty`s Blue Paste Wax by hand. Even in the full on noon sun, it still looks pretty decent.

This last shot turned out really cool, with their SC430 reflected off the tailgate.

Oh yeah, Optimum Tire Shine on all vehicles in this thread.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! great work! that jeep is soooo wet for a silver and that sc430 certainly still looks amazing! i always admire your work very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful details as always. :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

I had to detail 3 cars today 2 of them being black, but the weather was so hot that my ssr2.5 dried up in a second, even with the pc. I`ll never try to correct black paint ever again in hot weather.

Didn`t mean to hijack.

Post Thanks / Like
    once again... great work! :up :xyxthumbs :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I absolutely love that Lexus green color. It looks unreal with OP and EX-P. Major props.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome details as always scott,

i have a question for ya, how do you decide which product to use on which car ?? i guess i am talking more along the lines of LSP.

you use the same few polishes depending on the condition of the paint, understandable,

but one car gets souvern, one car gets "pink" wax, some get optimum...........

so do you give the customer the choice, and if so, do you advise them on a choice ??

just curious :think: :work:

Post Thanks / Like
    :2thumbs: as usual!
    The car detailing fanatic formerly known as AndyC

Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16, Vauxhall Vectra SRi CDTi, Renault Clio Dynamique 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work, and amazing details ,i just love the jeep and Highlander :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! The second Highlander picture looks like it was just painted and it hasn`t dried yet! Beautiful.

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OUTSTANDING work Scott!!! :xyxthumbs The Highlander gets my "Best of Show" vote...it really looks like the paint is still wet.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to show Souveran has at least some durability....at least on a garage queen!

Also durable on my daily driver!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gav`spurplez
    awesome details as always scott,

i have a question for ya, how do you decide which product to use on which car ?? i guess i am talking more along the lines of LSP.

you use the same few polishes depending on the condition of the paint, understandable,

but one car gets souvern, one car gets "pink" wax, some get optimum...........

so do you give the customer the choice, and if so, do you advise them on a choice ??

just curious :think: :work:

The SC430 got Souveran because it is red and a garage queen. Souveran actually has decent durability but the killer look only lasts 4-6 weeks on a daily driver, even though the paint will bead double that time. I like to use EX-P on metallic paints, but Glanz Wax on tans, golds, etc because for some reason it is just amazing on those colors-same with NXT on medium to deep metallic blue paint. Carnauba Moose on non metallic dark daily drivers, or EX w/carnauba. I am really liking OCW on silvers, pewters, etc. In fact, it looks good on all colors, even my black 626. I go with Natty`s Blue when I want the paint to look dripping wet. Acrylic Jett is my durability sealant, I tend to do with it on cars I don`t see as often or for 3 step processes. I use AIO as the base for AJ but AIO doesn`t do much for swirls, so I need to use a polish first, then go AIO/AJ. I`ve used AJ over Optimum and it works well, but application isn`t as easy as it is over AIO. On cars in excellent condition though, I`ll just go AIO/AJ.

Other times, I just decide to try something new.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information