Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    A member on another board contacted me to see if he paid me for the drive, would I come down to Waco to detail his cars. Told him that would be fine but I could only do it on a Sunday. Just a side note, he and I are polar opposites politically and we`ve had a few knock down drag-outs in the political forum on the other board. However, it stayed civil and neither of us take political disagreements personally.

Anyway, I get up bright and early on Sunday and head on down to Waco. Nice drive, all freeway. Beautiful mid fall day in north Texas, sunny and around 80. Perfect detailing weather!

I started with his 2003 Jeep Wrangler (Sahara edition). Pretty decent shape, the interior was about as clean as I`ve ever seen a Jeep. Looks like it has been regularly washed too. Had some minor swirling and a few bug etchings in the front end.

I used Vanilla Moose with a Meguiars polishing pad and sealed with Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba. Tires and fenderwells got Armor All and the hard top was dressed with Meguiars Natural Shine Rubber/Vinyl Protectant.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    On to his 2003 Audi TT. Had some light to moderate swirling, interior was excellent like the Jeep. Audi`s have pretty hard paint, so I used Optimum Compound with a Meguiars polishing pad, then Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze with another Meg`s polishing pad and topped with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax.

==============

2002 Volkswagen Jetta. Just did a QEW wash and then went over it with Zaino Z8 Sealant Spray. Not sure when it was last waxed but her boyfriend only payed for a wash and QD.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2001 Toyota RAV4. This was a fun one. The owner has two dog but apparently no vacuum. At least I was warned ahead of time about the dog hair. Took a lot of vacuuming, scrubbing and re-vacuuming to remove it all. Otherwise, the interior wasn`t too bad, no spills to speak of. The exterior appeared not to have been washed for a long time and brake dust has long since etched through the clear, especially on the front wheels. What you see is as correctible as they would come. The rear mud flaps had seem to have been painted at some point and not very well as the paint was pretty much gone on the bottom half. Suprisingly, the paint had only light swirling. I used Vanilla Moose with a Meguiars polishing pad and topped with 845. The owner kept coming out to look at it and run her fingers across the paint with a big grin on her face.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, the Jeep looks killer.

What tire dressing did you use on the TT? Regular armor all?

Lorne

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, all amazing as usual. That was a long drive! What are you democrat or republican? I would have to guess that he`s republican because of his vehicle, doubt a democrat would drive a jeep. lol

You really keep busy! Must make a good living by detailing so many cars and at your quality.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    Man, all amazing as usual. That was a long drive! What are you democrat or republican? I would have to guess that he`s republican because of his vehicle, doubt a democrat would drive a jeep. lol

I`m the conservative, he is the liberal.

Lorne-Unless specified, I use Armor All on tires. Whatever they did when they reformulated it a while back they got really right.
    www.scottwax.com

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if his Green Peace buddies would approve of him driving that gas guzzling and environment destroying Jeep?!?!?!?!?! :nono

Beautiful work Scott.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Just amazing the look of your details, just wet .

I loved the look of the Audi TT , tell me, how much time did u spent with each one???

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s nice to see that conservatives and liberals can set aside their differences for a bipartisan day of detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    I would have to guess that he`s republican because of his vehicle, doubt a democrat would drive a jeep. lol

Hah, I was going to say there is no way a republican would drive a girly-german-coupe.

Nice job Scott - those TT`s have some tough paint.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    That Jeep is sweeeeet :woot:

Awesome work Scott !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work as always. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    The exterior appeared not to have been washed for a long time...Suprisingly, the paint had only light swirling.

Well, many here are fond of pointing out that most marring is induced during washing...so perhaps it shouldn`t be surprising that an infrequently washed vehicle has minimal swirling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTWAX
    The owner kept coming out to look at it and run her fingers across the paint with a big grin on her face.

you dog you...getting the girls even when your working ....haha... :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :dance :woot:

-Justin
    "God made turbo lag so V8`s could keep up!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m drowning in the Jeep and the TT! Question for you - Volkswagon Audi Group paint is quite hard (I have a Seat, part of the same group), but I`ve been a bit afraid to go too aggressive on it. Does Optimum Compound leave much hazing? Just wondering, because I`d like to know in advance - if I expect hazing then I won`t crap myself when I see it after a few passes. I`m getting more and more confident with my PC but the word `compound` fills me with fear!
    Rich Cooper - Polished Bliss®

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information