Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    1962 Buick Special. Original interior but an incredible custom paint job, metallic green with a pearl white roof (looks like Cadillac`s Diamond White). Pics were taken inside the garage because it wouldn`t start. The car has the original aluminum 215 V8 and two speed automatic. Very clean overall!

Since the paint was in decent shape, I polished it with Poorboy`s PwC and a polishing pad and finished it off with Natty`s Paste Wax.

A couple full car shots, the first without flash, the second with flash.

=============

2001 Chrysler 300M. Probably hadn`t been waxed in a while (owner couldn`t remember when, not a good sign) but seems to be washed regularly so the paint wasn`t too bad. Polished with Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze and a polishing pad and topped with NXT Tech Wax and a polishing pad. Notice how the metallic jumps out of the paint!

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my 626. Still had some minor scuffing and cobwebbing that I missed last time, mostly because I can never seem to get done until nearly dark and even under parking lot lights, can`t always get the angle I need to check over the entire car. Anyway, I tore through Souveran x 2 and Natty`s x 1 with DACP and this is how the paint looked:

And this is after following with #80 Speed glaze:

I`m not sure how well the difference translates onto film but in person, after using #80, all the minor DACP hazing was completely gone and the paint looked noticably wetter and more clear. I finished up with PwC and a polishing pad and #16 by hand. I want to wash my car and add another coat of #16 and get the pics then.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know what to write that I or others haven`t - simply beautiful.

I am glad I ordered some Natty and PwC this afternoon.

As a side note, because of your suggestion, I bought some #80 and was able to use/test it yesterday and it is an excellent product. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last but not least, a 1996 Porsche Carerra. I`ve detailed this one before, have a pic in my Autopia gallery if you want to look for it.

The owner is selling the car and wanted it polished out and my best LSP used to impress potential buyers. The car had some pretty bad cobweb swirls as you can see in this before shot (though it may appear like it, those are not rotary holograms, just the way the swirls blended as the sun hit them).

I used Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze with a polishing pad, Poorboy`s PwC with a polishing pad and topped it off with Pinnacle Souveran.

Here are a few whole car shots. I made sure I got full sun shots so you can see even under direct sunlight, Souveran over proper prep has a very wet look. I have some more pics with how the car looks in the shade too but those are on the roll now in my camera. The owner also took some pics, and I had him take the same fender shot I took so hopefully he will send that pic to me and I can post it sooner. :p

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome as usual!! You can definetly tell the difference on your car with the #80 after DACP. Nice work!

Trent
    Trent Byrd

Down N` Dirty Auto Detailing-Owner

Perfection is my standard!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job as usual. The metallics on that 300M are nice even though I heard NXT is`nt good for metallics. The souveran is very nice on that Porsche.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by teamvegas

Awesome as usual!! You can definetly tell the difference on your car with the #80 after DACP. Nice work!

Trent

yes x2

Post Thanks / Like
    is that a scretch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

is that a scratch?

No, that is some sort of clear pastic film to protect the bottom of the fender. I see it on pretty much all the Porsches I detail.

series1-I don`t know where the `NXT is bad on metallic` stuff comes from because it has always peformed very well on metallic for me, as you can see in the picture.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I meant the "scretch" that is up in the middle of the fender but now I think it is just a reflection

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent job as always. I like that cool looking green.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

series1-I don`t know where the `NXT is bad on metallic` stuff comes from because it has always peformed very well on metallic for me, as you can see in the picture.

NXT, and a lot of these new carnuba look sealants darken the finish. Darkening = less visible metallic flake. You wonder why people don`t like NXT on metallic. Well I wonder how in the he!! people can say that a darkening product like NXT can make the metallic flake `POP` when in reality it is less visible.

JMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work Scott. Keep the photos coming...

I really like the Buick Special. What a beautiful vehicle!
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BillNorth

NXT, and a lot of these new carnuba look sealants darken the finish. Darkening = less visible metallic flake. You wonder why people don`t like NXT on metallic. Well I wonder how in the he!! people can say that a darkening product like NXT can make the metallic flake `POP` when in reality it is less visible.

JMHO.

:nixweiss I can post a bunch of pictures of metallic paints with NXT on them and in every single picture, the metallic is very apparent. It is pretty obvious on that 300M that it is a metallic paint job. Your eyes are not in my head, so I don`t know what you are seeing. I can only go by what I see and I am very happy with NXT`s appearance on metallics.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow :bounce

Excellent work all around! That Buick is absolutely still wet!

Your car looks great and I definately hear ya about not having enough time to do yours. I am doing my interior tomorrow and some more FMJ, but that`s only after taking off from my on-campus job. I need to get that and some maintenance squared away.

That Porsche is super sexy :drool . I was definatley expecting to see you chose Souveran for that one :lol

Oh yeah, Flake looks great on that 300M. I might have asked this before (sorry), but how long have you been getting out of NXT?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information