Post Thanks / Like

1st post on this forum so ill make it big

A little about myself:

-21 years old

-3 years of detailing experience

-worked in 2 different dealerships

-working now for a luxury car dealership + self employed

-going to school at bcit for collision repair and have taken polishing classes.

-80% of all my customers have mercedes and mainly black hard as fck:mad1: and i have detailed everything from a nissan maxima to ferraris and range rovers

-i confess i made many mistakes in adding to my experience such as burning the paint on a plastic antenna and and polished over a paint bubbles.

-tend not to take pictures since i never have time or lighting equipment except for the worst of the worst to show before and after to my customers

A little about the ferrari 348

-corsa rossa

-never been polished since bought and paint is all hazy scratches the whole 9 yards

-made in 1990

-single stage paint (had to soak it in glaze to soften the paint)

-currently available for purchase $56,000

- paint bubbles in small areas

Owner Expectations

-get rid of scratches under florescent lights

-get rid of haziness

-detail interior

Results

-90% scratches were removed except deep ones( inspected using florescent lights and halogen lights)

- haziness removed and full gloss restored

- interior (leather cleaned and treated with rejuvenating oil, all marks and carpet stain removed)

Tools and products used

-makita rotary (for compounding, polishing, glaze) (after a few years experience i can produce a swirl free result)

-polish/lt cut pad (used for compounding, polishing) (only pad available at dealership)

-old used polish pad (used for glaze) (only pad available at dealership)

-meg 105

-autoglym

-meg no.7

-mothers seal

-mother carb wax

-meg detail spray

-mothers chrome polish for exhaust and wheels

since the dealership i work at is cheap and wont pay for anything i had to bring in all the tools and polishes. only thing i used that was theirs is the pads. 100% of the cars are washed with a 1 bucket and a brush so every car is rough shape. i have even seen some employees use polish with a rag on a car to get rid of rain spots :mad1: i have however detailed 3 mercedes and a few other cars and only about 60% of the cars now are in crap shape, however every car i polish eventually goes home with the boss since who can resist a shiny new car? then within a few days i see it get washed with a dirty microfiber on the ground and same 1 bucket. in fact most of the dealerships i worked and been too have poor standards for polishing. paying 400+ for a polish job that only gets rid of the light scratches and leaves the deep ones in with swirls? crazy huh? or having spent 3 hours polishing and have the lot guys take a brush to it? i even seens co-worker polish the whole car, leave residue on trim, and forget to put wax on.

so for the ferrari i managed after i was done polishing, to it moved right to the front door, so to get it out you would have to move 6+ cars :lol the only thing since i finished is i have customers leaning on the side and brushing their jeans up against the car but the sealant and wax seem to keep the car together and after a week it only obtained a few light scratches.

also i know my camera sucks. used a old digital camera and saving up for a slr camera

the car was already washed before i started so i went straight to clay. its very bad. ended up using the whole clay bar.

Fist things first here are the BEFORE

front bumper (nasty)

passenger rear fender

front headlight

trunk

windshield

tape it up

look at the swirls

During after meg105 and autoglym

After with glaze seal and 3 coats of wax

sneaking up

looks glossy

fenders look good

mirrors look good

remember the rear fender?

driver fender

lights were broken but the light in the corner makes the car stand out more

interior and other parts door jams engine etc post will come later after i get a better camera. total time spent on car 16hrs

hope you enjoyed my first post :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work! Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work. Any chance you could try to find out more info about that corvette poster on the back wall? I can`t read what it says from here. I`d like to find one. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! You are touching some fine cars man! Keep up the autopian-class work and get out of that dealership asap. Might wanna invest in a light-gun too, that would be beneficial to help emulate a "sun spot" and help achieve swirl-free finish as opposed to working just under flat lighting.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thedigitel
    Nice work. Any chance you could try to find out more info about that corvette poster on the back wall? I can`t read what it says from here. I`d like to find one. Thanks

ill see if i can get some more info on the picture.

the dealership isnt so bad. they have quite a collection. 5 ferraris 2 rr aston and mainly mercedes and bmw. just that they dont know how to take care of the cars and a clean car to them is no dirt on it.

the last detailer didnt know much and slapped on wax cleaner and wax and the owners were satisfied. unfortunately since i came along with my polisher they want me polishing all their nice cars and black cars. too bad they take it out the next morning and scratch it up again.

also the dealership is steady income for me along with my own customers on the side. with car payments insurance school and food i cant afford only peace work. do have halogen lights, brikman light and thickness guage at home. i try not to bring my tools and polishes to work. i do hope that one day i will have a steady source of high end customers

also like to get a customer that would like the works so i can break out the m80-85. because of time restraints i find myself using 105/205 more often while leaving tubs of my other compounds and polishes out

i will get more pictures of my detail work when i have time. i am very eager to share

tssdetailing how did you start out?

scratch removal

red vette had some deep scratches like sand was rubbed on the paint.

faint since camera sucks at picking up scratches

bit better. see the 2 lines? well there are many smaller ones just cant pick it up on the camera

clayed and sanded with 3k

finnished

bmw z4 rock hit the hood and bounced off and damaged the windshield while leaving a big gouge

you see it? if the crap camera picked up the scratches then its 10x worse in person

finnished

my cars all polished and sealed with wolfgang and 2 coats of autoglym wax and washed with meg hyper wash and spayed with nxt detailing spray after every wash.

ferrari 348 financing just finished

then went to financing a new car (dodge viper) car on the right is the parents deliver car which i use in the raining snow season. toyota matrix xrs

Post Thanks / Like
    here is one picture i like to show clients. almost all black mercedes i worked on were as bad as this.

only before and after picture i could find. night and day difference

stay tuned for my next car. post will be up for a 08 land rover lr2 on tues

Post Thanks / Like
    engine

interior

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work on the Ferrari. Very glossy and dripping wet. The Rover also looks good, but not my cup of tea when it comes to the color.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Thread Information