Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire
    Wow, 1.5 hours for an SUV...how do you save time to detail cars? It seems that it always takes forever for me to do jobs, especially when I polish! Do you have any tips/suggestions that would allow me to detail cars faster (especially in the polish stage)?

I didn`t polish the Trailblazer, just an Optimum No Rinse wash and OCW. He isn`t going to pay me to polish his company car! It would have taken double the time if I had done any polishing. No such thing as a time saver with polishing, it takes as long as it takes.

Andrew-thanks!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    looking at the `befores" of the A6, i`d say time for a rotary...we`re all waiting for ya to get one, so we can follow along with your progress !!

hey ever try meg`s #66, for the customer who has the `06 trailblazer?? I really feel #66 has a place in this industry for that type of customer. You can use it with a Rotary too!! I think its rated at a "4" same as #80 in abrasiveness....cheers.

good work as always...

Post Thanks / Like
    A litlle off topic but still : I used DACP again today and as soon as I work the polish onto the panel (PC on 4), DACP dries up (you actually see the polish hazing to a white residu).

It was about 85 F today, no sun but cloudy and warm. The car was not in direct sunlight but was standing outside...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work as always Scott... :hifive:
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steck
    looking at the `befores" of the A6, i`d say time for a rotary...we`re all waiting for ya to get one, so we can follow along with your progress !!

hey ever try meg`s #66, for the customer who has the `06 trailblazer?? I really feel #66 has a place in this industry for that type of customer. You can use it with a Rotary too!! I think its rated at a "4" same as #80 in abrasiveness....cheers.

good work as always...

I`m seriously considering a rotary now.

#66 would probably work great but he wanted something quick and on the cheap. OCW fits the bill because it looks great and goes on and off so fast. He just isn`t going to spend much on a company car (nor will they reimburse him for polishing) so this gives me a service that is perfect for him at a reasonable cost to him and a very low cost in materials and labor for me. He gets a shinier truck at a moderate upcharge and I actually come in at a little above my average rate per hour.

I do have some customers who pay for a one step for their employee of the month and #66 would probably be perfect since most of the cars really could use deeper polishing than you get from the typical one step.

Wally-really don`t know what to tell you about DACP because I`ve never had any problems using it. I`m not sure how to guide you since I haven`t had the problems you`ve had so I don`t really know for sure how to get around them. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I know, maybe it`s because I`m in Belgium...

Seriously : DACP is a great product, but as soon as heat comes in, like 85f and dark green metalllic, even in the shade, DACP dries up. It`s like putting it on the panel, start polishing and immediately the polish dries up, it changes from "workable" to a white, sticky residu.

I did not had this last winter on a cold day and silver paint, so I suspect DACP from being really heat-sensitive or so...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work scott, but donĂ‚´t you feel itĂ‚´s time to pick up a rotary for jobs like the Audi? Big time saver.

Post Thanks / Like
    would love to see a video of Scottwax in action!

Post Thanks / Like
    I finished off by sealing with Poorboy`s EX w/carnauba.

Once again, nice job Scott! How do you recommend applying/removing the PB EX? Do you allow a setup time?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really impressed with the Audi A6, not only with the finished look and also the fact that you spent only 4.5 hours on the polishing to acheive that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Nice work scott, but donĂ‚´t you feel itĂ‚´s time to pick up a rotary for jobs like the Audi? Big time saver.

I`ve already mentioned a few times in this thread I am considering a rotary with (maybe) the Dynabrade attachment or at least a Cyclo.

2002 Maxima SE-I apply it to the whole car, let it sit 20-30 minutes then remove. Even in the full summer sun on black paint, it wipes off effortlessly!

Gen2-believe me, it was a major workout, I was really putting a lot of pressure on the PC. Good thing is the burgandy Meguiars cutting pad is a very aggressive pad.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent !!! :goodjob
    `07 slate Tundra 5.7 DC LB

`06 tungsten pearl IS350

`05 phantom grey tundra

`03 black onyx IS300 5speed

`93 brilliant black Cwest RX7

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Gen2-believe me, it was a major workout, I was really putting a lot of pressure on the PC. Good thing is the burgandy Meguiars cutting pad is a very aggressive pad.

I have the same observation on the burgandy Meguiars cutting pad, it seems to cut better the the usual yellow cutting pad, but when applied with too much pressure, the velcro tends to wear out pretty fast. I wondering is that the reason why Meguiars does not advice using the burgandy pad with a PC/DA :think: .

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Great work!!!!! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work on the Audi, going to remember the Hyper Compound / Yellow Pad combo for the next time I get one like that! 1.5 hrs for what you did on that SUV beats me - it would take me that long just to wash a car like that! I`m constantly amazed by how little time it takes you and others on here compared to what it takes me to do similar jobs. I don`t hang about when I work, but you guys are like Superman!
    Rich Cooper - Polished Bliss®

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information