Post Thanks / Like
    I REALLY appreciate all the help I`ve gotten through this site and Miata.net. My 1991 BRG Miata looks GREAT with the help of a semi-pro I met on here. Now I`m feeling confident enough to try my first real detail on my metallic blue 2000 BMW 323. My only problem is that I live in an apartment, and have limited electrical and water access. I`m thinking of possibly buying one of the Meguiar`s cordless polishers. I know it won`t be a PC, but at least it should be better than what I can achieve by hand.

So, my question is, if I embark on a full wash-clay-wash-polish-wax process, is it safe (and does it make sense) to use something like QEW for the wash steps? From what I`ve been able to determine, QEW will do a nice job of getting the basic junk off my car; but will it be sufficient for both pre- and post-clay cleaning? Or am I better off trying to use the power washer at the gas station down the street (one of those free-standing things that look like the big vacuums at the gas stations)? I don`t like the thought of the power washer, in part because there is always a long line to use it, but if that`s the general concensus, then that`s the approach I`ll take. My other alternative is to take a trip to "visit" my parents one weekend and use their hose, but they live about 3 hours away, which means the trip will eat up an entire weekend.

Any suggestions are, as always, greatly appreciated!

- Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick And Easy Wash should be just fine.

In fact, after you`ve washed with Quick And Easy, then clayed, you could just quick detail, or Spray And Wipe instead of Quick And Easy.

You also might want to see if there are any Autopians in your area that could donate some space for you to wash your car that has power outlets and water. I`d bet they`d love to give you a hand, too. Especially on such a nice car/color.

Or you could see about perhaps buying one of those plugs that allows you to tap directly into your cigarette lighter. Because anything less than a PC 7424 will be a major compromise. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using QEW for 12 years for pretty much all my washing needs. No problems using it before or after claying; in fact, it makes the water slippery enough you can clay using QEW.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim - the street that you take to turn into the parking lot here? I can get to water and electricity and let you play around and maybe help you.

The green Integra I did belongs to the maintanance guy here and he will let us work on your car.

Let me know. You can use me PC too.

BTW, did you get to see the 330 in person?

Post Thanks / Like
    See, an Autopian to the rescue:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott! That`s a big endorsement in my book; I`ve seen your work! I just took advantage of the "spring" special on QEW...now I just have to wait for it to get here!

Thomas, thanks for the info. I`m glad to see you were able to get water and power! That should make doing some of the other cars in our garage a LOT easier! Will have to talk about this off-line with you at some point. I look forward to using the PC! I have a bid in on a PC on eBay...we`ll see if I win it. If I do, then I may invest in a REALLY long extension cord for home. Otherwise, I may just go for the Meg`s cordless polisher.

Oh, and yes, I did see the 330! VERY sweet! Great pics, too! I agree with the person who said that you should sell that shot to BMW!

Thread Information