Post Thanks / Like
    Can you help me out with a couple of questions? I was curious if between adding layers of Klasse SG, if anyone has used the klasse sonus QD to perhaps deepen the shine? Similar to zaino users who throw on some Z6 in between their layers of Z5 or Z2 etc. Their should`nt be any bonding issues with the sonus detailer right(unless it has alot of AIO in it where it will clean some of the SG off?) Which brings me to my next question, I did purchase some FI to remove any residue I might encounter, but now I`m wondering if I should use some Sonus instead if I run into any hazing etc. Also when I`m washing before another coat of SG, I`m using the pinnacle bodywash shampoo(Is that okay?) Thanks for all and any input into these questions that I`ve been wondering.... JB

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as QD with Klasse, don`t use anything with silicones or oils in it between layers of SG. Meguiar`s Final Inspection is highly reccomended to use with Klasse. Try running a search on this site for the products you own for oil/silicone containment.

BTW: Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the wipe on/off method for SG and you should have no problems with leftover SG residue. Should you choose to use the other app/rem method then FI or Sonus are perfectly fine for using with SG.

I can`t comment on qd`ing btwn coats becuase I do not do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    grt1today - Welcome to Autopia.

I haven`t tried using Sonus between layers of SG either, but as BillNorth said, the FI works fine with SG. I reall don`t think you`d gain anything by using the Sonus between layers.

In contrast with Bill, I`m at the other end of the spectrum as far as SG application methods go. I use the the apply/*WAIT A LONG TIME*/remove method, and I`ve never any problems with residue that a little FI (or just fogging the surface with my breath) wouldn`t solve.

Pinnacle`s BWS should work OK, but REALLY rinse it so it doesn`t leave any oils behind. FWIW, my current favorite shampoo, especially for use with SG, is Griot`s Car Wash. Cheaper than the BWS (which was my previous fave) and just as good, IMO. BWS is sorta harsh (again, IMO) but it`s not gonna compromise your fresh SG if that`s what you`re wondering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for some of the great answers coming in guys. It looks like the Sonus QD in between layers might just be a waste of that product. I will save it. I was just hoping that I had found that little extra edge that all us Autopians are looking for. Here`s the whole process I plan on undertaking after being on the forum for a couple of months. Wash, Clay, Menzerna FP, AIO, SGx3, Souveran x3, and Crystal Mist x2... Whew! Then I hope to stand back and be amazed. Car is millenium yellow color so I can`t wait. I haven`t decided on which SG method to apply. Bill`s method seems very intriguing I must say(wipe on wipe off). As long as he`s still getting all the benefits of SG with this method(especially shine), it seems the most time saving. Accumulator, are you using the 1 hr method? I could do that or even go 2hrs before removal if I had to... Thanks again guys- JB

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in my 4th month with this method and durability is as good as with the other app/rem method. Search for my name for more info on wipe on/off. We`ve discussed it quite a bit lately.

Keep in mind, regardless which app/removal method you use, SG still requires a 24 hour wait time (at least) in between coats. The SG needs the time to cure. From your last post it sounds as though you will be applying SG back to back to back within 1 day. I would strongly advise against this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bill, I do have your wipe on wipe off method saved in the archives, I can`t wait to get it started. Looking back at my post, it does seem like I was gonna try to tackle all this in 1 day. No I`d probably pass out from all that work. This will probably be spread out over a period of 2 weeks. Every other day with the SG, and when I throw on the souveran topper, probably the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought you`re not suppose to use souveran over SG

i read this on properautocare.com:

"If possible, let the car set overnight to give Klasse time to bond. I have waxed over Klasse immediately but I always felt I obtained better results giving the All-In-One time to set up. Do not use Klasse`s companion product, High Gloss Sealant Glaze. While Pinnacle Souveran paste wax is magical over All-In-One, it doesn`t like the Sealant Glaze. Waxing over High Gloss Sealant Glaze can produce hazy patches or ghosting."

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote:

In contrast with Bill, I`m at the other end of the spectrum as far as SG application methods go. I use the the apply/*WAIT A LONG TIME*/remove method, and I`ve never any problems with residue that a little FI (or just fogging the surface with my breath) wouldn`t solve.

~One man’s opinion~

a. I’m in agreement with the above

b. I use Sonus as maintenance QD.

c. If you want to ‘stick with similar products’ try Liquid Glass Wash Concentrate

~Hope this is of some help~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

~ justadumbarchitect ~so I question everything ~
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by macam308

i thought you`re not suppose to use souveran over SG

i read this on properautocare.com:

"If possible, let the car set overnight to give Klasse time to bond. I have waxed over Klasse immediately but I always felt I obtained better results giving the All-In-One time to set up. Do not use Klasse`s companion product, High Gloss Sealant Glaze. While Pinnacle Souveran paste wax is magical over All-In-One, it doesn`t like the Sealant Glaze. Waxing over High Gloss Sealant Glaze can produce hazy patches or ghosting."

CMA is telling the truth in that quote. It happenned to me last summer when topping with blitz. It wasn`t enough to bother me as it was only on a section of my hood. Suprisingly it did not happen this summer when topping with blitz again. CMA has acknowledged this in the above quote by saying:

Waxing over High Gloss Sealant Glaze can produce hazy patches or ghosting

The word "can" being the key. Because it doesn`t always happen. I wouldn`t worry. If you want to top, then go ahead. You should be ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill`s right about CMA, but if you notice Autogeek has a similar kit and they include the SG in it to use with the souveran. It`s kind of like everything else, some people will have success with a product and some won`t(zaino for ex.). I think as long as your SG surface is clear of any haziness etc. before you top with a wax you should have no problems...

Post Thanks / Like
    TOWGT, I was just wondering if maybe I had found a little secret with that sonus QD, kinda like some zaino users that say in between their Z2/Z5 coats they use the Z6 to deepen their shine. I was wondering if any autopians had tried this between coats of SG to see if it did anything. Jngbrdman or anyone??? We need a test. Also I already had the pinnacle kit, so I was curious if the bodywash shampoo would have any effect on the SG in a bad way. Are you saying to be safe I should get the LG wash concentrate?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don`t know if doing a quick detail with the Sonus between coats of SG increases the shine or not, but I have always done it as a final step in "cleaning up" the SG removal before another coat of SG (12 to 24 hours later) or the beginning of the Souveran.

But there is no doubt that for a Klasse finish, that it is the superior detailer.

Likewise, I use the Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD after Souveran applications, and there is also no doubt that as a final step it enhances the depth of the gloss, but I`ve seen no evidence of it making any difference when used between coats either.

Edwin

07 IS350 Starfire Pearl

Thread Information