Post Thanks / Like
    I tried using Einszett on my car this past weekend and I found it to be great. In particular, I like the wet look I get from the "Glanz Wax". However, I noted in the product information that the Glanz Wax is silicone-based and I have previously heard that silicone-based products should never be used on a car`s paint. I have also heard that body shops have issues doing paintwork on cars where silicone has been used.

I was willing to trust recommendations in using this product. And I imagine that the use of silicone would have been brought up many times if it were a problem...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Also, Einszett is conspicuously absent from discussions here (not much found by search). Any particular reason?

Post Thanks / Like
    2002 Carbon Black M3.

http://members.roadfly.org/cbsaksiri

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the seach on einsett, there was a recent discussion on it (I too have not found much on it in this site, but, it has received good reviews when discussed). The big followers of it are for some reason the audi/vw and porsche sites. I have tried it and think it definately is on par with the best sealants. Personally I use klasse at the moment, but I do rotate between my favorite sealants.

The silicone should not be much of a concern (it is mainly an issue for the body shops because they would need to put more effort in removing it before repainting). Go and use it, it is great and if you are happy with it that is the most important. Remember the major difference with glanz and others (klasse, zaino, upp, bf) is that glanz does not layer (you only apply one coating). Great dept for one coating!! I have talked to the folks and you can layer carnauba on top of it if you like. How long has it been on your car? Have you noticed the duration?
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried Einszett on three cars and thought the durability was so-so to average; 4-6 months. Einszett it kept looking good, and does not attract much dust. I found that the use of One Grand Show-Off QD gave me good slickness.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the quick and informative reply. einszett seems to be a unique product among the other polymer-based sealants. i`m glad you mentioned that it doesn`t layer like other systems. also, thanks for the reply regarding silicone, especially in the context of why a body shop might have concerns about it. sounds like it does not damage paint or anything like that.

it has just been on my car since sunday afternoon, but my friend`s passat has had it on there for about three months... his car is silver and it still looks dripping wet after only one wash. i`m looking forward to seeing how it holds up in the bay area rainy season (winter).

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry, meant to say that einszett is unique among the other sealants that are polymer-based (referring to Zaino, Klasse, Blackfire, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Einszett is absent because it`s new in America... only a couple years here compared to 10 years or more with the other brands. Keep in mind that Einszett wax is synthetic but it`s not a sealant so there`s no acrylic in it... comparing it to polymer sealants like klasse, zaino, liquid glass is comparing apples to oranges. big difference :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a review of two einszett products (metallic polish and glanz wax) a month or so ago in the product review forum. I was really impressed with the ease of application, the fact it did not stain trim, the slickness, the brilliant shine it produced and the incredible beading action it gave (super tiny beads). I did however miss the depth that the S100 I had been using provided.

After having the wax on for over a month on a car that lives outside, I have noticed that the beading action has diminished greatly on the horizontal surfaces, but not the verical surfaces. The shine is still there and the surface is still slick. With a little EO QD, the shine is even better. I need to try S100 over it and see how it looks.

All in all, I`m happy with the product. I really don`t have the time or facilities to detail my car every week and the ease of application and durability have been just what I was looking for.

Hopefully I can get some pics soon

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good review Mike :up

I do want to point out though that beading is not the best indicator of a wax`s presence. When I was prepping the hood for my seasonal reapplication, I wanted to see how much wax remained on the car. After washing it with dish detergent, I took a cotton towel with rubbing alcohol to the hood to see if any wax was left. Surprisingly, I got a nice build-up of the wax on the towel. So even though all `indications` pointed that no protection remained and I washed with a strong soap, some wax was still present.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello CB, the silicones found in the glanz wax are NOT bad for your car/paint. there are different types of silicones - not all are bad. i use the einszett polishes exclusively in my detailing business; i have yet to find another polish that works as quick or as weel with such ease of use. i use the express polish as my one-step wax of choice on just about all of the cars i do. i find that the glanz wax works best if the surface is completely prepped correctly(clay,polish, etc.). most of my customers don`t care to spend the extra $$ so all they want is a one-step or paste wax, therefore i generally don`t use the glanz wax on customer`s cars. i do use it on mine, however. if you run a search you should come up with a few threads about the line, or if you have further ?? you can pm me or email einszett directly.:xyxthumbs

Thread Information