Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions for an One-Step Wax/Cleaner Wax

This particular topic seems to come up on a regular basis (hey, don`t they all; especially if you`ve been an Autopian member for some time) but I am looking for suggestions for a One-Step (All-In-One) Wax or Cleaner Wax.

My old stand-by Meg`s Consumer Line Color X is no longer made and Meg`s Professional Line No.6 Cleaner Wax was (past tense, emphasized) my favorite until Color X came out. Now I am looking to my fellow Autopians for their advise, suggestions, and comments.

My intent is to use this wax on door jams and under the hood or on the rare occasion when I just need to clean up a car quickly and make it look somewhat good in a very short time.

I see that Megs now has M66 Quick Detailer Glaze in the Professional Line, D166 Ultra Polishing Wax and D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream in the Detailer Line. No, I am not "committed" to Meg`s; it`s just that they have a wide variety of car-care products that I have used over the years, but have not tried any of the fore-mentioned products.

I main criteria is cleaning/polishing ability; ease of use, and shine/reflectivity looks. Durability is not the issue here; BUT I would like to know IF an AIO wax can offer some degree of longevity; IE, what is your experience on how long an AIO wax lasted for you (or your customers).

Thanks in advance.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for an One-Step Wax/Cleaner Wax

Poorboys Polish With _____

durability? not sure but I think Steve once said he`s heard 2-5 months depending on conditions of course

cut`s pretty good in my experience, especially considering its an AIO

or if you want to try QW+ it`s supposed to be a cleaner wax on steroids or something... I have a bottle but haven`t tried it yet

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve heard good things about Meguiars D166 Ultra Polishing Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed is awesome. I love the gloss and slickness it adds to the paint. Plus it is very easy to apply and remove. Speed does a nice job of not only cleaning, but also correcting the paint.

I promise you will not be disappointed with Speed. I have no experience with the other suggestions, but I have used products from Optimum, Meguiars, and Poorboys. With those companies they always make quality products.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars D166, HD Speed...you will be happy with either product

Post Thanks / Like

Griot’s 3 in 1 liquid wax works great, for more durability try the one step sealant

Post Thanks / Like

In for the HD Speed. It’s my go to AIO now. Customers love the finished results, has Little to no sling, has a good cut, on my DD that is garage kept it actually still had beading nearly 5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Another option from Meguiar`s is Mirror Bright Polishing Wax. Seemed to work very well with the SMAT abrasives within it. It has a synthetic polymer in it but I can`t state how long it lasted because I used it on my uncles truck that I have not seen in some time. D166 would be the other option.

Meguiar`s white wax is nice. Very good cut with decent durability. The toothpaste tube delivery is not that good.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going by hand, not machine, KAIO is the best there is for door jambs and similar. DG501 if you want more durability at the expense of cleaning. If you need real cutting, a polish topped with OCW will outlast most AIOs and takes about the same amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed is the cat`s pajamas

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed for the win. However I just picked up a bottle of Megs D166 after hearing great reviews on it.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Another option from Meguiar`s is Mirror Bright Polishing Wax. Seemed to work very well with the SMAT abrasives within it. It has a synthetic polymer in it but I can`t state how long it lasted because I used it on my uncles truck that I have not seen in some time. D166 would be the other option.

Meguiar`s white wax is nice. Very good cut with decent durability. The toothpaste tube delivery is not that good.
    I "forgot" about Meg`s new product line, Mirror Brite Polishing Wax AND the consumer line versions of both the Black Wax and White Wax as being one-step waxes. So that makes six (6) "different" offerings from Meg`s in the one-step/cleaner wax category. Oh yah, seven (7), IF you count the consumer line Cleaner Wax, one of Meg`s best-selling car-care products (which I do not, since it seems like a cloned/identical formulation of the Professional Line No.6 Cleaner Wax. Or vise versa. But I digress...)

By the way, thanks to those of you who have responded so far. To the other Autopians, keep `em coming, even if your response and experience is similar to those who already have done so. Your opinion is highly valued (at least by me).
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Another user of HD Speed here. Good correction and nice long working time, adds nice gloss and depth and good durability for an AIO. I usually leave it on the entire car then go back around and wipe it off. Never have issues removing it. I`ve seen 4 to 6 months depending on garage kept or DD and outside etc.

Most recently used it on oxidized single stage paint with LC blue and orange hydro tech pads and got good results.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To me there is a fairly big difference between a "Cleaner Wax" and an "AIO".

If you are just trying to clean and protect then a "Cleaner Wax" is perfect. And IMO the good old Klasse AIO
    (I know it says AIO) is still one of the best. Just a chemical cleaner with no cut and a little bit of sealant protection left behind.

As far as a true "AIO" HD Speed is one of the best I ahve used. But Meg`s D116 Finishing Wax works really well as well and is great since it is part of the MF polishing system so I can have 1 product for 2 different applications.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information