Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys I went to a clients house the other day and I showed up only expecting to do a quick wash and wax for only a 2 hr gig. Well his neglected BMW wagon needed a bit more work than that. I restored its grace to it as best as possible but I did have to leave the roof looking a bit rough as it would have taken a lot more time. The owner had a leak in his sunroof and to help prevent the water from getting inside his vehicle he duct taped all along the edges of his sunroof and then left the tape there for months! Now he cant get it off and neither was I. He was using WD40 and I was trying to use steam cleaner after soaking in tar remover and the wd40 and then trying to scrap with credit card wrapped in microfiber. It worked a little but very time consuming. I do have a couple of pics to show what Im up against but I cant figure out how to reduce their quality so I can upload them here. I need recommendations please as to how best attack this. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Put the pictures on photobucket then copy the IMG code to here, it will re-size on its own

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are 2 pictures that I was finally able to upload. To verbally describe it as best I can it seems like the shiny glossy layer of the duct tape was all that was pulled up and then all of the adhesive backing remained stuck onto the vehicle.

IMG_0359 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG_0360 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried 3M Adhesive Remover?

Post Thanks / Like
    3M Adhesive remover is a great product (also works very well in tar in a pinch). Have you tried goo gone with a plastic razor blade?
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions. I wasn`t aware of 3m adhesive and didn`t think about using goo gone for cars. I guess need to add one of those to my kit. The client lives 75 miles away from me and now I`m out of state for a week. I haven`t been back to the car and was hoping to just pass on the correct info to the client for the time being until I can return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Goo Gone removes duct tape from paint, but it takes a long time with lots of Goo Gone and lots of patience.
    BMW M240i | Mineral White | Coral Red

Thread Information