Post Thanks / Like
    So I just got a used Honda Civic Si as my first car! :woot:

It had 30,000 miles on it, and was in decent shape except for the paint! Yikes was it bad. I had a hard time capturing it on my camera, but it was badly swirled, several holograms, and lotsa scratches.

Since it`s the daily driver, I just aimed for a partial correction...I`d say 85%.

I did the usual wash and dry, claybar, which by the looks of it had never been clayed in it`s life. The attached picture was from HALF the trunk and it looked like that! After using the clay bar, I used an Orange Hex-Logic medium cut pad, with Megiurs 105 and then a Grey hex logic finishing pad with CG Finishing Polish. On top of that was CG Butter Wax.

I`ve attached a few pics below! Lemme know what you think!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    More pics from the same detail!

p.s. how do I embed the pictures into this post instead of attachments? I`ve found a ton of "How to" on here, but none that are "How to be computer literate." Haha I just can`t figure it out. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did my 08 Si 4dr (Nighthawk black) yesterday, it had never been been waxed before and lived its life at the drive-thru car wash. I was able to get it 75% just using a Uber green pad with Adam`s FMP. I did use Adam`s SHR with the green pad on part of the hood and trunk. I finish with Adam`s MSW and a black pad.

I did find a few crows feet on the hood and one of the roof, I am not sure if it worth fighting the dealer to repaint it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks great man. Awesome work. Pics of engine bay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda`s are notorious for thin and delicate paint.

My son has a `10 and in 3k miles we have multiple paint chips on the front clip already.

My advice is to sneak up on the degree of correction you desire, since you don`t have to produce instant results for a client.

BD

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man we may replace our 07 accord w. a 10 civic... chips already? Clearbra or something could be a good idea... the 07`s paint is ok to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turns out this car was used a LOT at the beach. There are numerous chips in the hood, and a TON of tiny little chips out of the windshield. I also came to realize this was due to sand / pebbles because every time I would vacuum the back carpet....sand would come out. It was never-ending! Took me almost an hour to vacuum it out of the back.

Overall I was happy with the correction that I got. I removed all the shallow swirls and holograms so I was pretty happy. Just a few RIDS around the car. Otherwise I couldn`t be happier.

Post Thanks / Like
    soft paint?

i plan on doing a friends fiji blue next month

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Concourswanna b
    Oh man we may replace our 07 accord w. a 10 civic... chips already? Clearbra or something could be a good idea..

You would need to extend it from the lower front bumper all the way to the windshield cowl. I was surprised on how far up the hood they go.

The good news is the clear coat is soft so swirls and RIDs clean up easily, the bad news is the clear coat is soft so it mars just by driving it in the rain (or so it seems).

Good car to practice your wash technique on-instant feed back!

BD

Post Thanks / Like
    This car`s got INCREDIBLY soft paint. Which is both good and bad....I can correct it really easily...but it also NEEDS correction easily. So depending on how you look at it. But I do wish someone has put a clearbra on the front. It has a fair number of paint chips....

Thread Information