Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    I`ve been having decent results (with my *other* cotton towels, not my CBT/DFTs) by using a tiny bit of Ultra Downy fabric softener. I know, I know....I`ve heard all the sensible, compelling arguments against it and I`ll admit they make perfect sense (in theory, but not in practice..so there`s something amiss with the theory IMO ) but I`m sticking with what works for me.

Our cotton bath towels will simply rub your skin raw without the Downy, but are nice and soft with it. Still absorb just fine and don`t leave anything smeary when used to dry optics/etc. They even have that "loose and floppy" feel instead of being stiff (they flop-fold as opposed to bend if you get my meaning). I suspect the Downy has some sort of better-rinsing effect as well as "simply coating the fibers with crap" but I don`t really know what`s going on (only that it works).

Same here. My CBT`s are stiff too even when washed appropriately on their own. Hot wash, cold wash, Woolite, Tide Free, Microrestore, etc... Whatever combo I try they are stiff. A pinch of fabric softner and they are soft and still absorbent.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilchy
    Same here. My CBT`s are stiff too ... Whatever combo I try they are stiff. A pinch of fabric softner and they are soft and still absorbent.

Heh heh, welcome to the Heretical Fabric Softener User`s Club

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I wish I had found this board before I placed my order w/DF Towel a few weeks ago. I purchase many things over the internet on a daily basis and although I have had bad experiences before I have not seen such blatantly poor customer service before. I have sent 2 e-mails and left 3 voice messages over the past 2 weeks and have not received even 1 response. I understand that in life things don`t always go as planned and sometimes there are backups; however some sort of communication to acknowledge receipt of my concern is mandatory and not optional. When you don`t ship a customers order and don`t respond to a customers concern that shows a complete lack of respect and there is no need for businesses which such poor work ethic to exist. It`s a shame as I have heard such good things about the product. Luckily I paid by credit card and will be filing a dispute with my credit card company on monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle96ss
    Damn, I wish I had found this board before I placed my order w/DF Towel a few weeks ago. I purchase many things over the internet on a daily basis and although I have had bad experiences before I have not seen such blatantly poor customer service before.

Welcome to Autopia! Sorry that your first post had to be on such a sour note.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add me to the list.

I ordered a huge amount of towels in early February. All of my phone calls and emails have been ignored.

Leo, if you`re reading this then I`ve got a message for you:

The search engine optimization on your webpage is terrible. If you continue to rip people off I will personally host a website that will list all of the people you have ripped off and why your company sucks. Nobody will ever find your website again without finding a page that lists all of the people you screwed.

Have a great day. I can`t wait to meet you at one of the Carlisle car shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, another satisfied customer! Sorry (again) that a first Autopia post has to be on such a sour note. But welcome, there`s plenty of great towel suppliers, you can even get DF Towels through PakShak, which has great customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Put me on the list. I purchased a little over $100.00 worth of stuff on Jan. 2009. They never shipped the items. They would not answer the phone or reply to emails. Thank god for refund from credit card company. DO NOT buy from this place.

Post Thanks / Like
    as mentioned... there are plenty of other great vendors (AG, ExcelDetail, DetailedImage, Adams, etc, etc,..) that have excellent towels/products with prompt and great customer service to boot. bad customer service will eventually catch up with whomever and word gets around...

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered 4 of the DF concourse towels, although, not from DF. I ordered them through PakShak. Got them in about 4 days. Although I haven`t used them yet, my only complaint is that I was expecting them to be thicker and more plush. They may be made of 100% cotton, and made in the USA but, seriously, I can find cotton towels twice as thick at Target for half the price. The search continues for 100% cotton, made in USA towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mborner
    They may be made of 100% cotton, and made in the USA but, seriously, I can find cotton towels twice as thick at Target for half the price.

That was what I thought when I (finally) got mine...that for $7 a towel or whatever I could have gone to Bed, Bath & Beyond or (insert dept. store name) and picked out some washcloths and come out just as well.

Middletown, Orange County, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad I`ve been recently turned on to Cobra Microfibers.. I see there`s no shortage of neglected customers. My eyes may not be the greatest, but I havent seen any scratching/marring from using even the arctic whites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I finally received my credit from my credit card company for dispute charges I made back in January. I gave DFTowel 1 month to send my items I placed online. Amazing that they are still in business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Leo is posting about the car show 7-12-2009 in the Sears parking lot in Hicksville but he can`t answer e mails about his deliveries...............So Sad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xDevious
    Im glad I`ve been recently turned on to Cobra Microfibers.. I see there`s no shortage of neglected customers. My eyes may not be the greatest, but I havent seen any scratching/marring from using even the arctic whites.

the cobras are excellent microfibers and have served me well...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone...new to the forum. I also ordered from DFTowel in mid-February and received nothing. E-mailed Leo at the end of February. He claimed he would get me the tracking info....no reply since. I have sent 3 e-mails since and left two messages on the answering machine. I guess he is out of the business.

Where is a good alternative source for high quality towels?

Thank you.

Brian

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information