Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

I`m new to the forum and my question is does anyone think the Craftsman C3 19.2 volt Orbital Buffer / Polisher would be sufficient for an amateur like myself who washes and maybe waxes his car 2-3 times a month.

I don`t know anything about buffers or polishers so any input would help greatly. I need a cordless buffer since I wax my car on the street a lot. Does anyone have any experience with this buffer? If so will the charge/battery last for buffing a SUV? or would I need to recharge half way through? Thank you all so much for your inputs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not enough power for paint correction. Might be ok for applying waxes, but it looks really small and it might be better to just apply it by hand.

VWvortex Forums: "Buffer" - is / is not

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be better to invest in a long extension cord. I love the idea of cordless tools, but truthfully, the battery technology just isn`t good enough. I looked up that model on the sears website and couldn`t find the rpm range, but I doubt a $30 polisher would get high enough to refinish clearcoat. If you want to buy it, go ahead, I`m sure it would be okay for buffing off or applying wax. My only concerns are the battery dying mid-job or an insufficient RPM range. If your really interested in taking up auto detailing as a hobby your going to need a reliable supply of electricity. See if you can move your car closer to an exterior outlet or run an extension out of your home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys for your input. I will mainly be applying wax and buffing. Reason I chose to purchase a buffer/polisher was bc i recently got a suv and after hand waxing and buffing the truck my arms were sore the next day as I was always used to hand wax and buffing cars instead of bigger cars like an suv. I wont be applying any paint or anything like that. Cost was also a big factor in choosing this buffer, i can manage to get this buffer for $25 now so I might jump the gun on this. I have thought about getting a wired one instead of a wireless but that would just mean I wont be able to wax it all the time as I dont want cars running over the extension cord, lol. Thank you all for the inputs again.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbsonaphone
    It would be better to invest in a long extension cord. I love the idea of cordless tools, but truthfully, the battery technology just isn`t good enough. I looked up that model on the sears website and couldn`t find the rpm range, but I doubt a $30 polisher would get high enough to refinish clearcoat. If you want to buy it, go ahead, I`m sure it would be okay for buffing off or applying wax. My only concerns are the battery dying mid-job or an insufficient RPM range. If your really interested in taking up auto detailing as a hobby your going to need a reliable supply of electricity. See if you can move your car closer to an exterior outlet or run an extension out of your home.

Quote Originally Posted by docrice
    Not enough power for paint correction. Might be ok for applying waxes, but it looks really small and it might be better to just apply it by hand.

VWvortex Forums: "Buffer" - is / is not

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to apply wax/sealant wal-mart has a very nice corded coleman 6" orbital and they have nice microfiber pads for it sold separately. I bought mine for ~$15. I had another branded cordless, and it was either never charged, or didn`t last long enough. Corded is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a cordless Craftsman Buffer that can also plug into the cigarette lighter. It is fine for waxes/sealants/glazes. It will not do any serious correction. But it is better than hand for waxing your vehicle.

Thread Information