Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Honestly, if you try a rinseless washing and get the technique down (takes a couple washes) you may end up not wanting to bother dragging out a hose to wash unless your car is caked in mud!

I`m going to go for it!! based on my readings here, there are 101 uses for ONR.
    I have been to a car wash before.......once!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay

I used ONR once and it took forever. I guess thats why you say it will take some getting used to. I would like to just use ONR but I have to practice.

I will down in Houston for the offtopic.com national meet the 3rd weekend in June (baring anything catastrophic) so I will let you know exactly when I will be down there and if I have time, I can show you how to use ONR...but you will probably figure it out before then!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your techniques! You`re da man!:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott, its great when you can put down your process in black and white. Now everybody that reads this will have a clean and shinny car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to put this together, Scott. I`ve recently begun using ONR but had not really found a wash medium I was crazy about. I picked up a chenille wash pad today based on your post. I`ll give it a shot tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is exactly the reason why I love this site so much, you don`t get this kind of informative sharing anywhere else. Thanks Scott.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott!!!
    2012 Subaru Forester

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write-up Scott. This should be an excellent guide.

Post Thanks / Like
    That was excellent! I wash my car just about weekly so ONR would be useful for me since the car is never very dirty. I think you just convinced me to get some and save some water. Now, what to do with those two gallons of GC soap I just bought on clearance?:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 06E90
    Now, what to do with those two gallons of GC soap I just bought on clearance?:think:

I am sure you can find some interest in our trading post forum...and maybe work a trade so you can try something new.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
    This is exactly the reason why I love this site so much, you don`t get this kind of informative sharing anywhere else. Thanks Scott.
    This is exactly right!

Instead of members hiding their techniques like a mistress they are more than willing to share the love by providing us with excellent information. And on top of that I always see members reaching out to help others in person... that`s awesome!

We really appreciate it Scott.

BTW, I used ONR for the first time a few nights ago. I did my G35 and my g/f’s tC in about 2.5 hours. With all new things I was not sure I was doing it exactly right but I also didn’t have any ill effects from it either so I guess it was ok. Doing it a few more times will be comforting and I can see myself really taking to this method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax you`ve gone way above and beyond the call with this great post. This week I should have my ONR, Optimum Polish, and Optimum wax. I ordered based on the many other helpful posts & pictures you`ve contributed that help shorten the time to get `er done but still do a spectacular job. Like it says to the left...."not too old to learn".

Thank you for sharing your time and expertise :usa

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, as usual Scott! Always informative with no B.S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome post Scott, incredible detail and straight to the point, I think I order a new product everytime I read one of your threads!!! :nervous:
    2003 Oxford White Mach 1

Mods: JLT RAI, DiabloSport Predator, Drag radials,MagnaFlow O/R X, Magnaflow Catback

12.82 @ 105.8 :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott - How would you tackle VERY heavy brake dust with ONR? I want to try and avoid getting my MF wheel towel BLACK from all the brake dust (EXTREMELY hard to remove it fully from the towel)! It seems difficult to avoid without rinsing the wheel. Thanks!

Currently I am using a Megs Spoke Brush and Megs Wheel Face Brush for the wheels to wash, after spraying ONR at QD ratio on them. I then come in with the Megs Water Magnet and the towel becomes caked with brake dust in no time..

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information