Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Eastwood Co is selling this for $39.95. Could anybody please let me know is it worth spending money on? (I already have ShowCar PC DVD)

Thank you in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you want to buy a dvd on detailing when you have all the info you need right here at your finger tips at Autopia? There is an overwhelming amount of info here from washing your car to machine polishing. If you have questions after doing a little reserch just ask and you shall receive.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSVWGLI
    Why would you want to buy a dvd on detailing when you have all the info you need right here at your finger tips at Autopia? There is an overwhelming amount of info here from washing your car to machine polishing. If you have questions after doing a little reserch just ask and you shall receive.
    By that logic one wouldn`t want to buy ShowCar`s DVD either yet it is coming highly recommended by many here.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s a visual guide that you need to learn, then by all means buy the DVD. But I think you will find a lot more insite and instruction on detailing from the people here than a DVD. Just my .02, didn`t mean to offend you.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DSVWGLI
    If it`s a visual guide that you need to learn, then by all means buy the DVD. But I think you will find a lot more insite and instruction on detailing from the people here than a DVD. Just my .02, didn`t mean to offend you.
    I am sorry about snappy reply. It`s just that I was asking for information is that particualr DVD worth it or not, and I received generic dismissal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    I am sorry about snappy reply. It`s just that I was asking for information is that particualr DVD worth it or not, and I received generic dismissal.

No worries.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this in my new Eastwood last night. I agree with DSVWGLI. If you need a visual guide then it is probably good, but there is a wealth of knowledge for free here. Also $40 is steep. I can video my detailing secrets and send it to you for the cost of shipping plus the DVD`s. :think: It will be on DVD I can even make it widescreen! Joking aside, I wouldn`t waste your money. $40 will get you several polishes or a gallon of your favorite product.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldnt buy any DVD on detailing.

I dont see the point.

All info you will ever need is right here at autopia.org.

That and NOTHING can replace hands on experiance.

Trial and error is the best learning tool there is.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, nobody has feedback on actual video, or on it`s author?

Post Thanks / Like
    While I do not have actual feedback on that video, I`m a fan of ANY instructional video that can be used to HELP me in whatever problem I`m trying to fix. While Autopia is a GREAT place for information, how many times have you wished there was a video to accompany someone`s description for a particular polishing step? How about another example... Wetsanding... Imagine trying to do this task just by description alone? I for one, can`t quite get myself to touch a panel just yet, but if a video would show some of the techniques, then I would buy it.

The point I`m trying to make is that instructional videos should not necessarily be put down. Sure, Autopia, has a ton of information AND experienced members, but words and descriptions can only go so far to describe something so specific.

While this video may be nothing than more general detailing tips, depending on what you`re looking for, it may or may not be a good video.

Is there something you`re looking for these videos to show you?

-Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mixxmstrmike
    Is there something you`re looking for these videos to show you?
    I am trying to see which areas it covers, how much of it is applicable to "amateurs" (instead of body shops), how much of it is applicable to majority of cars made in last 15 years, how much of it interests majority (instead of something that almost nobody will need), what`s the quality of instructions, is there an overlap with ShowCar`s PC DVD and how much, what it might teach us that we didn`t know before, what`s the wow factor.

Post Thanks / Like
    i would go with the dvd from right look.com theres is by far the best out there.its a little exspensive though

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking to learn how to use the rotary buffer, then just wait a few weeks as the Showcargarage guys are releasing theirs very soon.
    Windsor Auto Detail

Austin, TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skitelluride531
    If you are looking to learn how to use the rotary buffer, then just wait a few weeks as the Showcargarage guys are releasing theirs very soon.

yea sure they are!

there web site has sayed that for months

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    yea sure they are!

there web site has sayed that for months

:LOLOL

Supposibly they are going to be taking preorders starting tommorow or Thursday. We shall see though... :spot
    Windsor Auto Detail

Austin, TX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information