Post Thanks / Like
    His sister I guess tapped the back wall of a garage and scratched the paint. I only have a cell phone pic of it, seems kinda rough. I don`t really know what to suggest to him. If it was a fine scratch I said something like Scratch X might take care of it but from the pic, if I`m looking at it right, seems rough (providing the white I`m seeing is the scratch not light reflection) so I don`t really know what else to tell him. Repaint? eek. I don`t really know what to say. Maybe touch up paint, then polish and wax? Plus she`s looking for a quick fix for it, and she`s in PA, so it`s cold and needs to get it done before going home for break...

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the bumper? If so, no worries as its plastic. Some well applied touchup could fix any scrapes down to the primer and past. Hard to say without good pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Is it the bumper? If so, no worries as its plastic. Some well applied touchup could fix any scrapes down to the primer and past. Hard to say without good pictures.

Yea it`s the bumper. I told him try like a Scratch X type product, if that doesn`t work... touch up paint or nothing else will do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If clay doesn`t work try polish, if polish doesn`t work try touch-up paint, if that doesn`t work get it spotted in by a pro. Spotting in small spots like that isn`t a big deal for a decent paintshop and sometimes they can do some really impressive brush-touch work too. My one painter is just *so* much better at it than I am that I`m always amazed at how well it turns out.

Thread Information