Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Evening fellow autopians;

My sister in law`s parents want their horse trailer cleaned up nicely before they sell it and asked me if I would do it for them. They said they`re positive once I clean theirs up there will be plenty more people asking to do theirs as well so Im kinda excited to get it started. I was wondering if Meguiars #66 would be a good choice to use on the trailer just to give it a nice clean up and so others would notice it was detailed rather than just powerwashed. If there are other reccomendations I am all ears..Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya never know till you see the rig in person but #66 is probably the ideal product for this sort of thing.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc
    Ya never know till you see the rig in person but #66 is probably the ideal product for this sort of thing.

PC.

Alright thanks It`s not full of crap or anything, they keep it nice and clean; however they just want to make it look "like new" to set it apart from others. I guess I`ll be picking up some #66 and #21 unless I hear something different...

Post Thanks / Like
    #66 is a winner, I just used it on a plane via cyclo and orange pads and it cleaned up the rotary cutting nicely.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered a gallon of the #66 and #21 seeing as how Im sure I will have plenty of these trailers to do. One last question before I start Thursday on this detail...Are most of these trailers clear coated or single stage? Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....=horse+trailer

I think I charged like $250 for the exterior. It`s not a hard job, just tedious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....=horse+trailer

I think I charged like $250 for the exterior. It`s not a hard job, just tedious.

I went through that thread last night when I was doing a search. It turned out great! Im only charging $180 for this one since it is my siter in law`s trailer and since they are handing out my cards to others with trailers..however I will request if others ask for the price it cost them that they tell them the details start at $200 Thanks Sean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh: Good Luck.

The one I did (as you can see) lived under trees. I spent over an hour scrubbing the roof free of fungus, gunk, and tree crap. Make sure you mix some APC with your car wash. I would honestly use Dawn + APC. These things are usually STAINED.

The surface is gelcoat (like a boat). You can really step into it without burning. I wouldn`t worry about the swirls (unless paid to). The one on this were pretty bad but just about every trailer owner uses a brush. This owner is very particular (didn`t care about swirls) and just wanted it to be bright, streak and stain free, and well done.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips Sean, Interesting to find out that it is a gel coat I asked my brother and he didn`t have a clue. Looks like I will be using my cyclo with #66 on either Orange or Yellow pads then to get this baby clean. The owner of this trailer doesnt really care about the swirls either, just wants it to shine - Would mixing some Extreme Cut maybe help give the 66 a little more power, or should I just stick with 66.... It`s going to be a daunting task...but should be fun Thanks again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh - Cyclo and cutting pads with 66 should be plenty sufficient. You just need a really good cleaning polish. I used a product that`s discontinued, but any strong chemical cleaner and a nice cut pad via machine will suffice.

Best `o luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    tell me about #66 and what else you guys use it for, its only 25 bucks a gallon last time I checked and thats pretty darn good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxsoulja3
    tell me about #66 and what else you guys use it for, its only 25 bucks a gallon last time I checked and thats pretty darn good!

From the reading Ive done on it..Most people use it as a cleaner polish for fleets, rv`s, boats, and jobs where vehicles just need to be cleaned up nicely. It probably isn`t in many detailer`s arsenal for a stage of polishing a regular car. More like the big jobs that need a nice one step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Regarding #66, it`s a solid little jammer.

It`s like a 3 out of 10 cut and leaves protection. I follow it up (when using) with OCW for a quick 1-2 punch!

Post Thanks / Like
    obviously this is a big job so gallons are nice but is 66 similar to like color x in its abilities to both cut and clean OTC.

Post Thanks / Like
    #66 is much more aggressive than ColorX. It can also be applied by rotary for maximum effect.

PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information