Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
    CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman
    I ordered one. What can`t we clean with it? I read earlier that headliners require caution. How `bout blasting engines? Can we pretty much go crazy with the thing in the engine bay? Wouldn`t the extreme heat be a little hard on paint? Clearcoated wheels or door jams for example.

Mikeman out.

As long as the paint is well cured, you should be fine...

I use mine on all of the things you mentioned on a regular basis, and have yet to see problems. I avoid headliners with it, though. I`d also be careful around switches/buttons inside, and electrical stuff under the hood, just as always. I find that there usually is some dampness from the water that can make its way into those areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Shiny! I`m really looking forward to this toy. Lately, I`ve run into vehicles where the clearance between the rim and calipers is too small to get my Oxo spoke brush into. Maybe this steamer will solve the problem. I refuse to take off wheels.

Mikeman out.
    Attain perfection! Remove more clearcoat today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well my Saeco broke within 5 minutes of use. Strike it off to inexperience maybe but be careful is the point of this post.

I attached the triangle attachment brush to the streamer concentration nozzle.

I was working on a badly stained chair my kids eat on (and drop food on all the time) and applying pressure to scrub while steaming.

While applying the pressure to scrub the bent end of the concetrator nozzle cracked and it started whistling like a freight steam train.

After thinking about it I don`t feel I was really abusing the machine with incredible amounts of pressure, so was it defective to start with I am really nor sure, but I am trying to get a replacement.

It ain`t gonna work like it is. I tried black electrical tape and it melted thru in a few minutes. I called Saeco and they have no parts (since as mentioned earlier they are discontinuing this model), they only replace the entire unit if the unit is defective.

So don`t scrub hard with the attachments or you can crack the concentration nozzle.

I am trying to see if Costco will send a replacement.

If not kiss $62 off to the landfill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck, it might be worth it to buy another one for spare parts.

It appears the machine is not real heavy duty, sorta like the Little Green extractor. It won`t take a lot of abuse. Thanks for the headsup Doublel.

Mikeman out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Checking out the link provided by Doublel on Page 2, the triangle brush mounted on the steam concentrator nozzle looks quite fragile. If too much pressure is applied to one edge or corner of the brush, I could see the nozzle tip breaking due to the leverage. The brush appears a bit oversized for the tip it mounts on. I`d say the triangle brush must be kept as flat as possible, and used with light pressure.

Mikeman out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the triangle attachment on the grout in my bathroom, but I made sure I didn`t put too much stress on the plastic nozzle. I used my hand to apply pressure to the brush so I wasn`t bearing down on the plastic piece. It didn`t seem by the design that it was meant to take alot of pressure.

I just use the standard nozzle to blast things loose. If you can`t get a replacement part, just take it back to a local Costco store and tell them it was defective. They`ll take anything back and before I bought it, I confirmed that I could return to the local store.

Good luck,

Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman
    Checking out the link provided by Doublel on Page 2, the triangle brush mounted on the steam concentrator nozzle looks quite fragile. If too much pressure is applied to one edge or corner of the brush, I could see the nozzle tip breaking due to the leverage. The brush appears a bit oversized for the tip it mounts on. I`d say the triangle brush must be kept as flat as possible, and used with light pressure.

Mikeman out.

Exactly you got it. :xyxthumbs

I am gettting a pre paid shipping label to return to Costco.com very nice customer service via email from costco. I don`t live near a warehouse so mailing is my only option. :hairpull

Once I get a credit on my card I might place an order for another one, we`ll see how the rest like it as I monitor this thread for any feedback. This has me a little steamed :angry , but I`ll steam press forward. :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got mine and I am warming it up to tackle some grout!

Post Thanks / Like
    works great :up

Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder if i can steam clean the undercarriage with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got mine...works pretty well so far! Can`t wait to try it this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    got mine from ups today. haven`t opened it yet, probably try some grout/bathroom stuff tomorrow with it for "fun"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm...can I buy this at my local Costco?

Also, does anyone have the link to the group buy for the steam cleaner a while ago? I think Anthony was setting it up. Not sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioman
    Hmm...can I buy this at my local Costco?

Had a friend stop by the local costco here and they do not carry it in the store. Online order only.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI: I saw a small, blue steamer for about 30 bucks @ home depot today. Just in case anyone is interested.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information