Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
    1100 PSI? That doesn`t even sound safe to be using for interiors. MAYBE it would be OK for engines, but even at that I gotta say, I think I smell burnt spam from someone who may not even realize what this forum is about/aimed toward.

the water pressure has a regulator, you are able to adjust the pressure. my new k`archer i can adjust the pressure and temperature of the water. it was impossible for me to find a used steam cleaner when i was in the market... no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Buffit
    SamIam started it!

Both of my Picollos are acting up...just won`t deliver steam, when the unit is obviously quite hot.

I`m really disappointed

But, because I love the concept, I`ll end up spending hundreds more for a professional unit.

:down :down :down

i have a Landa for sale if you`re interested. you`ll see the difference when you get a proffessional unit... they make my job so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Buffit
    SamIam started it!

Both of my Picollos are acting up...just won`t deliver steam, when the unit is obviously quite hot.

I`m really disappointed

But, because I love the concept, I`ll end up spending hundreds more for a professional unit.

If your Piccolos are getting heavy use, they may just need to be descaled. The directions say it`s time to descale if steam volume decreases noticeably.
    Attain perfection! Remove more clearcoat today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeman
    If your Piccolos are getting heavy use, they may just need to be descaled. The directions say it`s time to descale if steam volume decreases noticeably.

it isn`t a $50 steamer after all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hood rich
    that thing looks like a complete joke. if anyone is interested in a true steam cleaner I am selling my Landa H.D. 1100 steam cleaner, 190Ă‚° 1100 PSI. included with the steam cleaner is an extra hose(2 hoses total), 3 guns, chemical feed wand, and 6 extra tips. it was recently serviced by the Landa dealer and has a new fuel pump. i`m asking $1195.

That`s a good deal. I had a steam cleaner in my shop that costs about $10K for the Fulton Boiler, about $200 for the gun and $15K to get it all installed and plumbed together with my air compressor. Did a great job for removing stains from clothes. Don`t know how a $46 unit will work but I do know what steam can do. Sorry for the one upmanship, I couldn`t help it, my steam cleaner is better than yours, neener, neener, neener....

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s not a steam cleaner. Thats a steam powered rocket engine. You can`t fool me. I`ll give you $5,000 for it if you do free shipping and installation into my rocket.
    Attain perfection! Remove more clearcoat today!

Post Thanks / Like
    A fair warning to all: I didn`t let my Picollo unit cool down completely b/f emptying last night, and I got scalded when some water splashed up and got my hand. Guys, please be very careful!

Other than that snafu, mine has worked pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my Daimer steamer yesterday. I can`t believe how much pressure it creates. It has a dial on the unit that is smoothly adjustable from low to high, and, when set just above half, creates plenty of pressure continuously at a high temperature. The unit came with great attachments, and it did a wonderful job on my dash, seats, and headliner.

I am currently doing a STEAMER vs (aztec) EXTRACTOR experiment on my carpets/floor mats. I will be posting all before and after pics in the Detailing forum when I am finished! Hopefully I can finally contribute something useful to the forums besides smart-aleck remarks and noob-questions!!

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be an interesting comparison. Do you think this steamer can hold a candle to a real heated extractor?

What technique r u going to use on the mats and carpet?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a little disapointed in mine but I still think it`s worth $60 it seems to run soft on steam but maybe i still need to play some more

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MorBid
    That would be an interesting comparison. Do you think this steamer can hold a candle to a real heated extractor?

What technique r u going to use on the mats and carpet?

With the steamer I`m just using the triangle head brush with a mf towel clipped to it, and going back and forth over the carpet. I`m almost finished my experiment, and will try and post the results later this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one yesterday. wife ordered it on the 6th and got it on tyhe 9th. I messed with it a lil. must say for the price its a ok unit for around the house for small jobs. using the nylon brush really helped it clean. I will try some of the other attachments soon. I used it on my mirror in the bathroom and cleaned it quick. now wont have to use such harsh chemicals around my kid. I will say its worth the $45 but not the $200 people seen at target(I guess thats what it was.

will use it on my wifes car soon. will do some before and after shots. if pig pen off charley brown had a car. it would be my wifes car :LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine today. Going to try and steam the leather in the wifes 99 740il as it looks real dirty. Will try and do before/after pics.

So if I steam the leather clean then I don`t have to use any leather cleaner just a conditioner?

TIA!

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3a
    I got mine today. Going to try and steam the leather in the wifes 99 740il as it looks real dirty. Will try and do before/after pics.

So if I steam the leather clean then I don`t have to use any leather cleaner just a conditioner?

TIA!

I would still use the leather cleaner in addition, personally.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information