Thread: SSR2.5 Question

Post Thanks / Like
    I have recently purchased a few SSR products which include 2.5 I have read many people saying they got hazing after SSR2.5 How can I prevent this? It sounds like most hazing is caused by not allowing the product to fully break down. If hazing does occur, what shoudl I do? Go over again with 2.5 and white pad? Or 2 with white pad? Or can I do 1 with white pad? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very alike reply to the one in you other thread. Depending on Paint colour or hardness, ie if it marrs easily and is dark enough to show up everything will be factors into it. Like you say you must allow the product to break down.

If you are sure the SSR 2.5 is what you need to to remove the defects ie you have tried milder polishes first.

Use the 2.5 on a polishing pad first, if this isnt working step up to a light cutting pad, and so on. If this does leave a haze then follow up with the 2.5 on a polishing pad. This should remove the haze if you do get some. On really dark colours you may then need to step down to a finer finishing polish to get the surface really good. That said SSR 2.5 if worked and broken down can give your a LSP ready surface. I have gone from SSR 2.5 with a cutting pad straight to wax on light colours anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    I experimented with the 2.5 quite a bit this summer. I found that it almost always hazed when used with a cutting pad. I did it with a lot of product, with a little product, I worked it long and short. I found that the paint color was a big factor in if you saw the haze or not. On my dark blue Cadilac paint, I saw everything. When I did my white diamond Cadillac, nothing. It also did a maroon car, while it hazed a bit, nowhere near what it did on dark blue.

Thread Information