Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to determine If there was really any UPP left on the surface of my Audi yesterday. I returned from my wedding a few weeks ago and my car had been sitting under a tree at my parents house (thanks mom and dad) and had some tree sap on it AFTER I had already Zaino prepped it for winter. Well the sap was all over so I clayed and polished the whole car with SSR1 then put on a layer of UPP because I`m out of Zaino and got pleanty of UPP laying around. Well I washed it last night and the car didn`t bead water at all. But when I was done drying the surface felt as though there could be some protection on it (had some slickness).

Anyhow to be safe I quickly applied another layer of UPP with the PC and gray finishing pad.

Just curious in everyone`s observations if UPP beads or sheets water. If it beads up nicely then I`d say that unfortunatly I only got about 3 weeks of durability out of the UPP on my vehicle that`s sat outside the entire time. Now that I`m in my house and the car is inside at night it may be a different story.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    It beads like crazy for the first few washes, then it dies down to sheeting. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    It beads very well initially. I know because I put my mom`s car outside so mine could go in the garage last night. It was supposed to rain so I wanted the garage.

It was heavily covered in beads this morning.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I always refresh mine before it starts to sheet. One thing to consider is that UPP (and KSG) will sometimes sheet after you wash them (during the rinse) but then bead again when they get rained on or when you hose them down for the next wash.

I go by the slickness, refreshing before it goes away.

I get a lot longer than that, but mine is always garaged.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I really only got 3 weeks out of it for durability. I`ll apply a second coat tonight and then start a new durability test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator. I thought the exact same thing when I washed the car on Saturday which is exactly why I rewashed again on Sunday before applying more product...still no beading.

I love the look of UPP (black car) I just wish I had enough Zaino left for this winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as there is sheeting its doing its job

Most sealants start beading and end up sheeting.

My UPP after almost 3 months is still beading like mad in the rain...but sheets when I wash. A peak over the hood in the rain shows clear evidence of surface tension, the beads fly right off the car. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Audi,

It`s odd that UPP doesn`t bead on your car. It beads on my 04 Grand Marquis very well. I keep my car garaged at home and at work, but for the next week I`ll have my car parked outdoors at home (I`m renovating my garage). In the morning, the frost and dew are all over the car, but the beads are small and tight. I`ll make a note of its progress for you...

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    UPPx2 (AIO underneath) has been beading very well for me for about 2 months now. We`ve had heavy rains and some snow for the last month now.

Can`t attest to the beading vs. sheeting qualities when doing normal hose washes as I`ve been doing QEW washes exclusively for the last couple of months due to the cold weather.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    This is interesting. Mine beads water like nobody`s business, even after two months and being outside 24/7. Slickness is starting to diminish, but the beading is still there. Like others stated, it seems to sheet off more when I wash it.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a follow up to my origional post. I applied another layer of UPP to my car and it`s rained EVERY STINKING day this week. Beads are very tight once again. I`m not certain why I got poor durability out of it the first time around but I`ll report back in a few weeks to let everyone know how I stand.

I`m back to my more normal conditions for the car now...covered parking garage while at work and in the garage at night so durability SHOULD go through the roof but we`ll see for sure.

Thread Information