Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using SSR1 with a PC, but it never seems to break down and dust off. It just stays wet forever. Is that how it is supposed to work?
    Close enough... They`ll never notice anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    could be the speed you`re using on your pc ?

could be the amount of product on the pad ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it with a polishing pad until it almost disappears. I wouldn`t say that it "dusts." I like to use a bit like #82 keeping a wet edge, because as you said it doesn`t "dust off." I find SSR1 to be more of a glaze/polish, it leaves a "ready for wax" finish while removing light marrring and oxidation. Very nice final polish IMO.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try using less SSR1 than the other SSR`s, I initially used too much.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    I never had SSR1 work well on my car. For some reason, it always adds a haze to my white paint.

Anyway, today I used it on my friend`s Corvette with maroon paint. I guess it worked OK, taking out small scratches left by Menzerna IP. I then went over it with #7 and it didn`t make much different. I wonder if SSR1 actually removed the scratches or just filled them.

SSR1 just seems to get thinner and thinner as you polish, but doesn`t seem to dry up or dust. Also, it seems to stay on the same spot of the polishing pad and doesn`t really seem to spread around like other polishes I have used. I don`t consider that good because I feel the pad doesn`t prime properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being that SSR1 doesn`t have any fillers, I would think that it removed the scratches if they are no longer visible.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Poorboy`s today and he said that it had no fillers. But how come it doesn`t leave a squeaky surface behind then? Anyway, he said to use a small amount and polish until it is pretty much gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using a washed/ cleaned pad or a new/ unwashed pad?

The only reason I ask is that I washed a pad out the other day. It felt dry all the way through but as soon as I started using SSR 2 it just stayed wet forever or I got a white haze when I turned the PC off...... Changed back for the pad I`d been using previously and everything went straight back to how it should be.

I guess it was either the pad wasn`t dry enough and water was still in the pad... Or it was the soapy solution I`d used to wash them doesn`t mix well with the polish being used....

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    The SSR line works best with a dry pad. They do not contain any fillers. I prefer to use SSR 2 or 2.5 with a polishing pad since it breaks down well enough to go right to a wax or sealant.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    i used to use ssr 1 a lot more before than now. for me, i feel that i clears up any hazing that appeared after using ssr 2/2.5.. i find it really odd that it never dries up for you. maybe it has something to do with the humidity or something.... i mean, here in hawaii, it dries up fast. i mean, i can practically just work it in, and buff it right off without any problems.
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Thread Information