Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Two weeks ago their was a break in the weather so I put on a coat of S100 no prep just wash and wax The car went from a nice car too a beautiful car For me S100 is the greatest Their maybe better products out their but I havent found it yet After I wash the car I spray it down and wipe it off with E.O.W.&S. IT looks like I wax it yesterday Its an outside car

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

There are some threads actually dedicated to that question. I don`t have the links for you or else I`d direct you there. Some searches should find them though. Try searching with "p21s s100 same" or something like that.

LOL, I can bet there has been a bit of discussion, thanks for the pointer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

What is the durability factor of the Carbon? How many weeks does it last? In the absence of any optical difference then one is left with durability. I know the Vintage doesn`t last more than a couple weeks. Does Carbon hold up better?

Thanks for the review! Well written. :xyxthumbs

I haven`t tried vintage or any of the other zymol waxes than Carbon an Japon (both around $40), but I have no complaints at all about the durability and logetivity of the wax. But my BMW has gone 3 months without a wax, through the dead of winter, only being garaged half the time, and the water still beads and the paint is smooth and slick. Will the s100 outlast it? I don`t know cause I haven`t used it long enough to beable to tell.

As I said in my first post, I agree that it deepens the paint, and that is probably why I get the sharper reflection, as you said.

I`m stuck on the water thing because I take the leaf blower to the car after I am done washing it, and it blows all the water right off - that way I barely have to touch it with a towel. That`s another reason why I like it so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    would have had a hard justifying to my self the 10x more cost for the Zymol over the S100 for similar results and easier application.

I spent a total of $25 for the s100 wax and SEPC, and for the Zymol Carbon and HD-Cleanse, I spent $70. So 2.5 times as much.

As I said in my first post, I`m not some crazy guy who spends $150 bucks on wax.

I think there is also a general misconception on this forum about Zymol, where everyone thinks their waxes are $150+. I think that is one of the reasons why it has a bad name......

- Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with that one. If you were to add up the individual cost for one of each wax in the Zymol line then you would end up averaging a few hundred per product.

Nobody here who has spent $70 on Souveran can tell you that you over paid. If the results please you then its all worth it. :xyxthumbs
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    adg44 everyone has different preferences in the products that they like, that`s obvious by the amount of products available and the various opinions on them. If you are happy with Zymol then stick with it, I applaud you for trying a new product and posting your results. For me it takes more than just a slight difference for me to change products and it seems that is what you looking for also. The carbon is not a ridiculously expensive wax but it does seem to be associated with the higher-end waxes and the shady marketing of Zymol. If Zymol had a wax available for $500 that easily beat out all of the under $100 waxes we use, I believe many of us would change our opinions on this one product and would be all over it selling whatever we could to afford at least some of it, but still complaining about price, much like some of the complaints about soveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always amazed after i do a "hd cleanse"

I am always exhausted after a "do" a HD***

and I dig the smell......

maybe I think it looks better because im so sore...

Regardless- Im having NY Detalier "do" my blk benz this weekend as I have read so many things about him-

will post some pics

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel Zymol makes great stuff but the only thing that

concerns me is that there are millions of starving

and homeless in the USA and the world. I think

$50 is plenty enough for a can of carnauba. The $150

to $ 1,500 that goes for Vintage, Atlantic, Concours, etc can be donated to feed the needy.

I myself almost got addicted to Zymol. I have in the

garage right now :

Carbon

Treat

HD

Field Glaze

Detail Wax

Tyre

Seal

Vinyl

Clear

My Op.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rd_volvo

I feel Zymol makes nice stuff but the only thing that

$50 is plenty enough for a can of carnauba. The money that

goes for Vintage, Concours, etc should be donated

to feed the needy.

My Op.

I guess we`d have to add the people who make and package Vintage and Concours to the list of the needy since if customers stop buying it, Zymol will have to let some people go.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I too bought into the Zymol marketing. There was a national BMW gathering next to my office building, and I met the Zymol guys there. I thought if it was good enough for German Royal Carriages, it should be good enough for me. Bought the HD CLeanse, Carbon for my dark green Saab 9000 Aero as well as the field glaze. Used the Official Blue Zymol towel to make sure my towel didn`t mysteriously acquire unwanted sizing.

I still remember how excited I was prepping the Saab. Worked my *** off with the HD Cleanse, topped with Carbon, pulled the towel across it, spritzed it, buffed it, then came back a couple hours later and spritzed again, like it says in the instructions. Stayed up half the damn night. My wife laughed her butt off.

Next morning, sun comes out, I pull out of the gagage and Voila!

The car looked like hell! Went over it with the field glaze and the mess got worse! I thought I must not be worthy.

Tried again this year on my Black Audi A8. Same effect. THought I would at least use the field glaze on my wife`s black Acura MDX. Got it in the sun and it looked like hell! Ended up redoing with Klasse and topped with S100. S100 was easy on and easy off. Magic stuff!!!! Cars looked great and life was good again.

Gave the Zymol to a neighbor to use on his BMW 540. Kept the towel however, comes in handy when my dog makes a mess!!:p

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by rd_volvo

[B]I feel Zymol makes nice stuff but the only thing that

$50 is plenty enough for a can of carnauba. The money that

goes for Vintage, Concours, etc should be donated

to feed the needy.

Lets go one better.. How about we take all the money from everyone who works and split it evenly amongst everyone including those that dont work? then that way we wont have any starving people... :scared

really now, does this make much sense given what we know how economies work?

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review adg44! It`s great to see an alternative point of view from an experienced zymol user like you. I especially like your thoughtful attitude towards other products¡X something not many can do...

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    SamIam....

It seems that if you are getting bad results, it`s because of improper use. As I outlined in my first post, it is pretty tricky.

Also, if you look at the two pictures I provided, zymol gave me some amazing results.

Great review adg44! It`s great to see an alternative point of view from an experienced zymol user like you. I especially like your thoughtful attitude towards other products¡X something not many can do...

Thanks. I am always interested in getting a better product. I am still looking for something that is going to make me say "WOW! This is amazing!" I guess maybe that won`t be possible, since Zymol is a good wax (regardless what others might say, it is a good wax - I didn`t say the best, but good) it might not possible to get something else to perform that much better. In essence, all these products do the same thing afterall.

It`s just lunatics like us that always look for the best.

- Anthony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information