Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Waxes with coating properties,

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    Has anyone here tried the synergy?
    yep.

GREAT STUFF !!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes boxingfan30 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    yep.

GREAT STUFF !!
    Seem to be any scratch resistance?

Post Thanks / Like

IMO if you want a wax with "coating" characteristics you really should switch from wax to a "coating" detailer or topper. My current favorites are Reload, Sonax BSD, Kamikaze Overcoat. All three are great products and do exactly what you want them to.

In fact they are so easy I have wondered if I even need to use a "coating" at all. Using these even other month or so would be more than enough to continue protection longer term. And it would let me use more products over time.
    Likes BLOWN03 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seem to be any scratch resistance?
    Dunno

I`m not really gonna try it to find out.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    IMO if you want a wax with "coating" characteristics you really should switch from wax to a "coating" detailer or topper. My current favorites are Reload, Sonax BSD, Kamikaze Overcoat. All three are great products and do exactly what you want them to.

In fact they are so easy I have wondered if I even need to use a "coating" at all. Using these even other month or so would be more than enough to continue protection longer term. And it would let me use more products over time.
    I had a lot of issues with reload streaking, carpros stuff has been less than impressive to me. The other brands I`d be willing to give a shot. I`ll likely just polish the car and coat with 22ple vx3 the next time. I`ll just need something that won`t spot with our horrible water here

Post Thanks / Like

I had a lot of issues with reload streaking, carpros stuff has been less than impressive to me.
    Say it ain`t so.......

Must be user error (that`s what they said with me)
    Likes boxingfan30 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Say it ain`t so.......

Must be user error (that`s what they said with me)
    It`s not, it just sucks

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. First socialized medicine, then your WIFE has to sign off on your permit...........
    Or more importantly, that she won`t sign it...

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    Or more importantly, that she won`t sign it...

- Patrick
    Not here on that one, my Wife likes to shoot, she`s might get a nice Glock or something else...we`re gonna try to get her a ccp for work actually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    top189h- That sounds like exactly what I get from FK1000P, and that`s why it`s become my go-to LSP.

I get self-cleaning from FK1000P that *IME* equals that of OptiCoat v2.0 (unfair comparison though as I only use the coating on wheels and I do think it works slightly better for that specific application). Zero etching from birds/bugs too (I don`t bother cleaning them off between washes, once left bugs on for months without any etching...works so well for me that I have zero interest in using a coating on the body of the car proper. Yeah, I have to redo it more often, and there`s no marring resistance, but those shortcomings don`t bother me and I like being able to do spot-correction as needed.

I mean...I`ll have a FK1000P`ed vehicle that`s really dirty, and then a hard rain basically washes it clean (well, clean enough..). Or I`ll do my Pressure Washer Rinse and decide it looks so clean I won`t bother washing it after all, and I just blow it dry.

I finally ordered FK1000P and 425 and plan to strip the 22PLE off my car next weekend. Coatings just aren`t doing it for me. I`ve tried CQUK, GTechniq and 22PLE and they`re either too fussy or just don`t offer the protection that I feel I should be getting. For example, I have a 5 stage RODI system in my garage so my car gets pressure washed, soap washed and final rinsed with 0 TDS deionized water. I`m still getting spots on my black 911 Turbo! I had a nightmare spotting issue with GTechniq on my wife`s black Mercedes the very first time I washed it. The problem cost me another full weekend of polishing and switching products. I`m just fed up with the whole coating thing and miss the ease and simplicity of just throwing on a coat of wax every few weekends.

- Patrick
    Likes Swanicyouth, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth, 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    I finally ordered FK1000P and 425 and plan to strip the 22PLE off my car next weekend. Coatings just aren`t doing it for me. I`ve tried CQUK, GTechniq and 22PLE and they`re either too fussy or just don`t offer the protection that I feel I should be getting. For example, I have a 5 stage RODI system in my garage so my car gets pressure washed, soap washed and final rinsed with 0 TDS deionized water. I`m still getting spots on my black 911 Turbo! I had a nightmare spotting issue with GTechniq on my wife`s black Mercedes the very first time I washed it. The problem cost me another full weekend of polishing and switching products. I`m just fed up with the whole coating thing and miss the ease and simplicity of just throwing on a coat of wax every few weekends.

- Patrick
    If I may ask, what was the problem with the 22ple? That`s The one I had the best luck with in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, have you considered gloss coat? Optimum claims you can top it with a wax or sealant. It hasn`t been out that long so I`ve not tried it, just throwing that out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a lot of issues with reload streaking, carpros stuff has been less than impressive to me. The other brands I`d be willing to give a shot. I`ll likely just polish the car and coat with 22ple vx3 the next time. I`ll just need something that won`t spot with our horrible water here
    It suck that you had issues with Reload. I have been using it since it cam out and have not had any issues with it. But there was that one batch that everyone hated. Luckily I had a stock of the previous original formula and didn`t buy any. I will admit the new formula doesn`t seem to be an upgrade IMO. Personally I wish they could go back to the original.

IMO water spotting is an issue for all "glass coatings". They are have crazy beading that helps to concentrate the issue when the water evaporates and leaves behind concentrated spots of "stuff" on a a car. So far I am finding that waxes really are better at helping to protect against water spotting but they need to be re-applied so mush more often to maintain that high level.

Likes boxingfan30, jsou, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    It suck that you had issues with Reload. I have been using it since it cam out and have not had any issues with it. But there was that one batch that everyone hated. Luckily I had a stock of the previous original formula and didn`t buy any. I will admit the new formula doesn`t seem to be an upgrade IMO. Personally I wish they could go back to the original.

IMO water spotting is an issue for all "glass coatings". They are have crazy beading that helps to concentrate the issue when the water evaporates and leaves behind concentrated spots of "stuff" on a a car. So far I am finding that waxes really are better at helping to protect against water spotting but they need to be re-applied so mush more often to maintain that high level.

Yes, they do, but I guess I don`t mind doing it when I can just grab my PC and add a quick layer of powerlock or something on. I like the scratch resistance of the coatings, and to be fair to CQUK, this town water is indeed the worst I have seen...ever.

Post Thanks / Like

pmnewton- I`ll be interested to hear how the FK1000P works for you. I dunno about how you`ll like its look on black, *or* how it`ll do regarding waterspots. But I sure do hope you like it as much as I do.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information