Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

Didn`t you just hop on a soap box???

Forums are meant for discussion. Frankly it`s great to see this discussion wake the forum up. It`s been in a bit of a slumber.

Lastly I wonder why anyone thinks a minor rename is going to prevent hacks from calling the new product Opticoat and undercutting authorized dealers.

`

`

`

I`ll try to explain. I know of a window tinter who bought several boxes of 3M window film. He installed the film on the glass of home owners. He then keeps the boxes and buys an inferior window film and shows up at your house with a 3M box but inside is the cheap inferior window film. The home owner sees the box and believes he or she is getting a well known and respected brand name. Little do they know that 3M imprints their logo on their film and is wiped off later with IPA. They were given a warranty card but it was useless. The film he installed was an OK tint but it was not what the customer thought they were getting and paying for. Understand?

`

So we had the same issue with the 2.0 version and the Pro version. People installing or applying 2.0. charging a Pro price and claiming it was the Pro version. How do we remedy that? Well we change the name of the 2.0, "opti-coat" no longer being associated with that at all. We then make it so ONLY those vetted by Optimum can apply Opti-Coat Pro (OCP). In Texas no one applies OCP unless they come to us for 1) Training on application and 2) We allow them to apply it.

`

So how would you feel paying for the Pro version when you really got the lesser version? The home owner comes to this realization about a year down the road -

`

"Hey, this 3M window film is horrible! It`s delaminating and turning an odd color. I`ve been ripped off!"

`

The car owner -

`

"Hey this Opti-Coat is suppossed to last 5 years and after a year it`s no longer there, what the hell?! This Opti-Coat stuff sucks. I am going on the forums and tell everyone it`s no good, I was even told it had a warranty!"

`

If you were Dr. G, one who takes great pride and is very protective of all the products he develops, would you just allow that to go on or do something to correct it?

`

If someone in area "A" says they are applying OCP and they have not been vetted by Optimum, as in produce proof of being a certified installer then they are not using OCP. Also, the installer of area "A" will be the ONLY installer of that area and they will have the great benefit of the Opti-Coat system in total. Remember, this is not just for a car here and there but rather it will be a system of products and if all goes as planned from the very start, those on board now will be very happy detailers.

`

Years ago another thread I started went ballistic because I stated that my business partner and I went out to a home and applied OCP to a white BMW M3. In one hour we had it applied and made $300. Now the smart people on this board saw the potential, others slammed and mocked me because no way anything can last more than a year tops. My whole point in all this is how to make more money with less work, afterall it`s a business. It`s all about profit margin and if you`re not making a profit you`re not gonna be in business long.

`

Lastly, OCP is a wonderful product, one that I am very proud of also and it flat out works. Now if it`s applied to a vehicle and that vehicle never gets any care afterwards, as in it never gets a wash or detailed then the OCP durability will suffer. That would also be a failure on the installers part as they are not seeking the customers best interest. An OCP installer should educate their clients on what OCP is and is not. They should also tell the client that OCP will perform its best on a vehicle that is maintained. As in bring it into my shop on a regular basis so we can keep the well maintained look and also check on how the OCP is performing. Maybe while they are in they need something else done, like headlight correction, they got a stain on the carpet, they need tint, PDR or whatever....it`s a great chance to upsell.

`

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    And as regular guy, not a detailer, not a weekend warrior, not even a forum reader, wouldn`t this sound just like the car dealer paint protection up sale? And don`t most folks know that dealers do this for extra profit. Hell, I had a buddy that use to do pin stripes and stuff for several dealers, he got fifty bucks a car, dealer charged 300. So what I am getting at, is in my opinion, this whole coating thing has been going on for a long time, and with more people using goggle before buying, it starts coming back to price. Look at Autogeek, they are on several car shows on TV and anybody looking to do more than shop for wax at Wal Mart will surely look at AG and well looky here Martha, they sell those new fangled coatings and it ain`t but ... bucks.

I understand Optimums business and concerns, but personally if detailed for a living, I wouldn`t use them. Too pricy and there are many other options. If I did go full time, the first thing would buy is a serious hot water carpet extractor. People spend a lot more time in their car than looking at paint. I have plenty of people ask, do you shampoo carpets and seats, I have never had a single one ask me about a coating.

Just speaking for myself, I realize my opinion carries the weight of a fart in a tornado, but I do try to speak for the typical unwashed masses with unwashed cars.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug

And as regular guy, not a detailer, not a weekend warrior, not even a forum reader, wouldn`t this sound just like the car dealer paint protection up sale? And don`t most folks know that dealers do this for extra profit. Hell, I had a buddy that use to do pin stripes and stuff for several dealers, he got fifty bucks a car, dealer charged 300. So what I am getting at, is in my opinion, this whole coating thing has been going on for a long time, and with more people using goggle before buying, it starts coming back to price. Look at Autogeek, they are on several car shows on TV and anybody looking to do more than shop for wax at Wal Mart will surely look at AG and well looky here Martha, they sell those new fangled coatings and it ain`t but ... bucks.

I understand Optimums business and concerns, but personally if detailed for a living, I wouldn`t use them. Too pricy and there are many other options. If I did go full time, the first thing would buy is a serious hot water carpet extractor. People spend a lot more time in their car than looking at paint. I have plenty of people ask, do you shampoo carpets and seats, I have never had a single one ask me about a coating.

Just speaking for myself, I realize my opinion carries the weight of a fart in a tornado, but I do try to speak for the typical unwashed masses with unwashed cars.

`Just the other side of the coin for us. We get inquiries about Opti-Coat on a daily basis. We do at least 4 coatings in a 6 day period on average.

`

So you would buy a hot water extractor? That`s a great start and you have the right idea but a hot water extractor, at least a good one, is not cheap. It may run you $600 or so. You should then know your chemicals, what types of stains you`re dealing with and materials they are on. So you have your protein stains, tannin stains and then the ever challenging red dye! You know your craft. Then some pinhead with a wet/dry vac and a can of Woolite comes in your area and undercuts you by $50. He is doing interiors for $15.....after school of course. He takes business from you AND when the people are upset with the work of this "detailer" it gives them a bad tatse for ALL detailers. I have a disdain for hacks because we see their results all the time....and in one sense perhaps they provide us with work, but bottom line is one goes to a qualified surgeon and not some guy who is the street champion fish gutter.

`

With Optimum, we are gearing up for volume...not just a few cars here and there. It will be made more clear, about these changes, down the road.

`

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Doc G... won`t be answering any more questions..... But he sent in `POTTY MOUTH` Anthony ... Did you throw Jesus under the bus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl E Byrd

Doc G... won`t be answering any more questions..... But he sent in `POTTY MOUTH` Anthony ... Did you throw Jesus under the bus?

`

Nope, The Lord is good and well. Are you a business owner? If not then you may not understand the crap one has to deal with one a daily basis. I mean just the fricken phone calls I get from people wanting to sell me crap takes up about a hour or more. Sometimes I find myself polishing the same fender or hood for hours because of all the interuptions. Then we get the price shoppers, the solicitors and so on. It`s very taxing and irritating. If you do run a business then you understand my gripe.

`

Hence I read thru all this stuff and just got frustrated with the drama over all this when it`s all very simple.

`

Use OCP if you desire so and qualify.

`

Use Gloss Coat if you are a Pro or non-pro and so desire.

`

Use something else if you feel OCP or Gloss Coat is not for you.

`

End of story, no drama.

`

Anthony

`

`

By the way.....Dr. G never sent me here. I am not the one to answer technical questions such as the ones being asked. I most likely won`t be posting again as this is the reason why I left the forums in the first place....and somehow got sucked right back in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco

Nope, The Lord is good and well. Are you a business owner? If not then you may not understand the crap one has to deal with one a daily basis. I mean just the fricken phone calls I get from people wanting to sell me crap takes up about a hour or more. Sometimes I find myself polishing the same fender or hood for hours because of all the interuptions. Then we get the price shoppers, the solicitors and so on. It`s very taxing and irritating. If you do run a business then you understand my gripe.

Hence I read thru all this stuff and just got frustrated with the drama over all this when it`s all very simple.

Use OCP if you desire so and qualify.

Use Gloss Coat if you are a Pro or non-pro and so desire.

Use something else if you feel OCP or Gloss Coat is not for you.

End of story, no drama.

Anthony

By the way.....Dr. G never sent me here. I am not the one to answer technical questions such as the ones being asked. I most likely won`t be posting again as this is the reason why I left the forums in the first place....and somehow got sucked right back in it.

Anthony, you`d feel a lot less frustrated if you realized you don`t get the last word on any forum. It`s all 100% opinion. Quite a bit of wisdom of you have the power to step back and read between the lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

Thanks for your point of view. It would be a shame if you stopped posting since I may learn something from you. Besides your avitar pic reminds me of my colllege teams mascot...especially at the end of the Iron Bowl last year...LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

Anthony, you`d feel a lot less frustrated if you realized you don`t get the last word on any forum. It`s all 100% opinion. Quite a bit of wisdom of you have the power to step back and read between the lines.

I`m not frustrated because of forums, in fact I never read them anymore.....cept for the last day. I already noted that everyone has opinions yet if you don`t care for something then don`t use it.

`

I don`t care for many products but I don`t go around looking for opportunities to bad mouth them either.

`

Take care,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fdresq4

Anthony,

Thanks for your point of view. It would be a shame if you stopped posting since I may learn something from you. Besides your avitar pic reminds me of my colllege teams mascot...especially at the end of the Iron Bowl last year...LOL!

Hello and thank you...I appreciate those words. These forums can be a great place because I belileve their intention was for a sharing of ideas, techniques and general reviewing of products. It was one mans love for all things shiny to be shared among others. There are also a lot about these forums that just get drug thru the mud. Like how many times can one answer....."What wax is best on silver for the pop?"

`

"Pop" is subjective, as in my "pop" may differ from your version or vision of "pop" yet the battles go on and on over which product serves up the best. Then flame wars....then the thread gets shutdown, blah blah blah. I know I am not the only one who left the forums because of this. I check in from time to time but rarely post.

`

Instead I hope to open a training center where we will train people who want to do this as a career, that`s where I will be sharing what I know, it`s more one on one and personal.

`

Take care,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug

if detailed for a living, I wouldn`t use them. Too pricy and there are many other options.`

`

You`d be surprised how many people on regular car forums (especially Tesla forums) know about Opti-Coat and want it on their cars. All three of my Yelp reviews are Opti-Coat Pro customers who wrote the reviews after I detailed and coated their cars. One even posted his own pictures in the review. Honestly, if you are a pro, you`d be nuts to not have a coating option, and if Opti-Coat Pro is too expensive, you can do Gloss Coat, which at 2 years of protection, is equal to most of the other coatings available. Or you can use a competitor`s coating, doesn`t matter as long as you have it as an option and are proficient in its use.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

You`d be surprised how many people on regular car forums (especially Tesla forums) know about Opti-Coat and want it on their cars. All three of my Yelp reviews are Opti-Coat Pro customers who wrote the reviews after I detailed and coated their cars. One even posted his own pictures in the review. Honestly, if you are a pro, you`d be nuts to not have a coating option, and if Opti-Coat Pro is too expensive, you can do Gloss Coat, which at 2 years of protection, is equal to most of the other coatings available. Or you can use a competitor`s coating, doesn`t matter as long as you have it as an option and are proficient in its use.`

BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco

In Texas no one applies OCP unless they come to us for 1) Training on application and 2) We allow them to apply it.

`
    I`m confused by this statement.

are you saying this from OPT`s point of view, inferring that OPT is now training its authorized installers?

or are you saying you are the only one in Texas under the new authorized installer program.

`

Post Thanks / Like

Well if you`re in Texas you come to us if you want to apply or be involved with the Optimum system. Or from outside of Texas also.....or you can see Kevin with Klean Car in New Jersey. He will train people also.

`

If you`re in my area of "service" here in Texas then you most likely will not be applying the Pro version. If you`re outside my service area then you can apply to become that areas service provider.

`

There`s gonna be some cool stuff coming, but more on that as the time comes.

`

Anthony

`

`

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, I know a few things about interiors and their stains, I have an excellent product for food based stains and several for dirt and grease. I use a wet dry vac for now and most try to do just the stain vs the whole carpet. I go through quite a few white terry cloth towels too. The extractor I want costs $2,000.00 and I refuse to spend less on an inferior machine. Crazy? Maybe, but every time I cheaped out or went for the "deal", I regretted it. Maybe my mother in law will feel generous, she certainly could afford it!

I currently have deal with a carpet cleaner business where they do the extraction and I do the dash, glass and plastics.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

wow....2 k huh? Man that`s gotta be one heck of a machine, ya got a link to it?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information