Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cars need more than a "One time" product or magic pill that most inquire to me when asking for certain products as that is what they are convinced is the case(Where on earth did they get this impression hmmmm) in addition I liken altered pics to`steroids in the gym world.........................if you have to make something look more than it is than the original was not good enough to begin with.

`

I find it funny that before coatings my clients cars were well protected through frequent maintenance which also had their vehicle looking better more of the time,`also almost 100% of the time I encounter`a certain mindset when someone asks for the "Permanent coating" and it is almost always a Black car which will never have to be "Detailed" again. Expectations and real world results have finally collided along with the other issues this thread spoke of and we know where I stand on this as I have spoken about(Much to the disdain of some).

`

If truth in advertising and truth in the application of the new technology of the better LSP`s were used then much of the debate would be a "Non-issue" imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge

Cars need more than a "One time" product or magic pill that most inquire to me when asking for certain products as that is what they are convinced is the case(Where on earth did they get this impression hmmmm) in addition I liken altered pics to`steroids in the gym world.........................if you have to make something look more than it is than the original was not good enough to begin with.

`

I find it funny that before coatings my clients cars were well protected through frequent maintenance which also had their vehicle looking better more of the time,`also almost 100% of the time I encounter`a certain mindset when someone asks for the "Permanent coating" and it is almost always a Black car which will never have to be "Detailed" again. Expectations and real world results have finally collided along with the other issues this thread spoke of and we know where I stand on this as I have spoken about(Much to the disdain of some).

`

If truth in advertising and truth in the application of the new technology of the better LSP`s were used then much of the debate would be a "Non-issue" imo.

`

Interesting that you bring up steroids. Pretty sure you have buddies who juice. Isn`t it a well know fact, that most of those guys do start out wanting to get huge because of insecurities?`

`

PS: Bird poop - do you want to have coating on the finish or a sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

No Thomas I do not have friends who use steroids, but I know a few detailers who do and they are mentally weak to do it. As for bird poop I have seen even with a coating that it can etch as the coating allows for a small time window to get to the poop before there is damage.

`

As for sealants BFWD I feel did a pretty good job for this, Collinite 915 also does very well..................... Sonax Net Shield does the best and is proven in my eyes.

`

As for bringing up steroids I said it`s LIKE doctoring your pics, same mindset imo where you have to puff something up to make it look better than it is in real life which stems from insecurities.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, I completely agree with you on the mindset of a lot of folks that get the permanent coating. A few years back I went to see my friend/neighbor about looking out for my little girl starting high school. She taught there and made my daughter feel like she had a friend to go to for anything. While I was there I mentioned that I detailed cars and that her red BMW could use some love. Well, her husband informed me that HE had the dealer put the Simoniz coating on and the car didn`t need anything else..

Fast forward 6 years, he had passed away and she asked me about the car. I washed, clayed, clayed some more, M101 and Menz PL. She was thrilled - said it looked like I painted it bright red again.

And she called me the next day and said she couldn`t believe how good it looked. I got her daughter`s C250 the next week. But more importantly, I have someone that will get me to wax her car every 3 months from now on.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t post here or any forum much anymore,,,,heck I don`t even read them. Why? I have a business to run, employees to take care of and hopefully make it into a wonderful business that I and my business partner can "RETIRE" on!

`

I am so fricken fed up with lil whining detailing `````es......we always get some asshat come in our shop trying to tell us how to "detail" because they just spent 6 hours in their moms basement reading the detailing forums.

`

Asshat: "You obviously use the 2 bucket method right?"

Us: "No, that would mean an extra cost of water, buckets and time, hence an increase in cost to you"

`

Asshat: "You obviously use a new microfiber towel for each car right?"

Us: "No, again that would mean an increase in cost to the customer. You`re already `````ing at a paint correction cost of $400"

`

Asshat: "Well I read on the internet......(insert your favorite story here)"

Us: Why not get off the computer, open up a shop, buy insurance, buy materials, deal with a horrible employee base, pay taxes all while trying to save for retirement then come and talk to me about what wax, towel, sponge and buffer is best!"

`

Why does ANYONE start up and seek to run a business?? To make MONEY!. Not to lose money.

`

Here is a typical call for Opti-coat we get many times. "Yea how much to apply Opti-Coat?" ..."Well if we just apply the coating with no paint correction we charge $399.00"..."Wow, thats pricey. There is a guy on my street that will apply it for $125.00!"

`

So like many industries, schmucks come along and whore out the price. So what does that do for the legit business owner trying to create and improve his or her skill and craft? It puts them out of business because the schmuck doesn`t have any overhead nor does he or she have any long term plans. They just want to take pics and post them on detailing forums. Hence my call to Dr. G about getting rid of OptiCoat 2.0. It`s a smart business move.

`

This has eliminated anyone from undercutting our business. The structure is that we can now set a price for Opti-Coat, no matter where you are, the pricing will be uniform. This is good for those using OC Pro as you will not have to hassle with price shoppers.

`

Also, if you think that Opti-Coat is just for applying it to a car here and there......then you`re not looking at the larger picture of where this is heading, where it`s been planned on heading from the start. This is just the ground floor. My business partner and I are hanging in for the long haul and nothing is worth having if there was never a struggle to get it. There is a whole program being set in place, and that`s all I will say on that for now.

`

Lastly, if you don`t want to use Opti-Coat Pro, don`t care to offer it but want to use or promote something else, that`s fine. More power to you and your endeavors. If that be the case then just do it....get off your damn soap box `````ing about Opti-Coat and Optimum and move on.

`

Anthony

`

`
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly... or they can voice their opinion in a professional way among their contemporaries and get feedback from others as they attempt to make a choice.`

`

Not everyone has made their choice. Some guys like to bounce ideas and opinions off one another. Other than a minor personal verbal scuffle between a few members that had more to do with not caring for each other than a coating, I have not seen anyone lose their mind over OCP/OC2.0 in this thread. I completely agree with you Anthony in that 2.0 was bad for the professionals who takes pride in their work. I love that the product is off the market. But I am not seeing anyone ranting and raving.

`

Optimum rolled the changes out in a bad way that had a serious impact on their loyal installers. Fortunately, they are taking steps to right the ship. But the concerns installers had were real and worth giving consideration to. I don`t think they should be chastised for voicing their concerns in a professional way.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug

Bob, I completely agree with you on the mindset of a lot of folks that get the permanent coating.`

`

That`s why I try to find out how someone will actually care for their car before I make any recommendations not only about sealants vs coatings but how much correction would benefit them the most.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly Scott, I have sweated my gentleman bits off correcting and polishing some poor neglected vehicle and talked to the owner about keeping it looking good being cheaper and better on the paint. Then never get a call for maintenance washes, and later see them back in crappy shape again.

In these cases, I wish there was a filler, not a coating, but a filler that would fill in and harden up like cement. Either that or these people need to have the Line-X or Rhino Liner sprayed on their car from the start.

You can`t fix stupid - and you can`t change bad habits of customers.

I hope this post made sense, I was watching Allison Victoria`s ... er, building skills, yeah, that`s it. And trying to type on an IPhone
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know why people that don`t bother to take care of their vehicle bother spending the money getting them detailed in the first place

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t either but its job security for me.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco

I don`t post here or any forum much anymore,,,,heck I don`t even read them. Why? I have a business to run, employees to take care of and hopefully make it into a wonderful business that I and my business partner can "RETIRE" on!

I am so fricken fed up with lil whining detailing `````es......we always get some asshat come in our shop trying to tell us how to "detail" because they just spent 6 hours in their moms basement reading the detailing forums.

Asshat: "You obviously use the 2 bucket method right?"

Us: "No, that would mean an extra cost of water, buckets and time, hence an increase in cost to you"

Asshat: "You obviously use a new microfiber towel for each car right?"

Us: "No, again that would mean an increase in cost to the customer. You`re already `````ing at a paint correction cost of $400"

Asshat: "Well I read on the internet......(insert your favorite story here)"

Us: Why not get off the computer, open up a shop, buy insurance, buy materials, deal with a horrible employee base, pay taxes all while trying to save for retirement then come and talk to me about what wax, towel, sponge and buffer is best!"

Why does ANYONE start up and seek to run a business?? To make MONEY!. Not to lose money.

Here is a typical call for Opti-coat we get many times. "Yea how much to apply Opti-Coat?" ..."Well if we just apply the coating with no paint correction we charge $399.00"..."Wow, thats pricey. There is a guy on my street that will apply it for $125.00!"

So like many industries, schmucks come along and whore out the price. So what does that do for the legit business owner trying to create and improve his or her skill and craft? It puts them out of business because the schmuck doesn`t have any overhead nor does he or she have any long term plans. They just want to take pics and post them on detailing forums. Hence my call to Dr. G about getting rid of OptiCoat 2.0. It`s a smart business move.

This has eliminated anyone from undercutting our business. The structure is that we can now set a price for Opti-Coat, no matter where you are, the pricing will be uniform. This is good for those using OC Pro as you will not have to hassle with price shoppers.

Also, if you think that Opti-Coat is just for applying it to a car here and there......then you`re not looking at the larger picture of where this is heading, where it`s been planned on heading from the start. This is just the ground floor. My business partner and I are hanging in for the long haul and nothing is worth having if there was never a struggle to get it. There is a whole program being set in place, and that`s all I will say on that for now.

Lastly, if you don`t want to use Opti-Coat Pro, don`t care to offer it but want to use or promote something else, that`s fine. More power to you and your endeavors. If that be the case then just do it....get off your damn soap box `````ing about Opti-Coat and Optimum and move on.

Anthony

Didn`t you just hop on a soap box???

Forums are meant for discussion. Frankly it`s great to see this discussion wake the forum up. It`s been in a bit of a slumber.

Lastly I wonder why anyone thinks a minor rename is going to prevent hacks from calling the new product Opticoat and undercutting authorized dealers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

Didn`t you just hop on a soap box???

Forums are meant for discussion. Frankly it`s great to see this discussion wake the forum up. It`s been in a bit of a slumber.

Lastly I wonder why anyone thinks a minor rename is going to prevent hacks from calling the new product Opticoat and undercutting authorized dealers.
    This has been my thought as well. Hacks are gonna be hacks no matter what you call it

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. If that was an issue with 2.0 and one of the reasons for it demise then address it with those folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Detailed Designs Auto Spa

Exactly... or they can voice their opinion in a professional way among their contemporaries and get feedback from others as they attempt to make a choice.`

`

Not everyone has made their choice. Some guys like to bounce ideas and opinions off one another. Other than a minor personal verbal scuffle between a few members that had more to do with not caring for each other than a coating, I have not seen anyone lose their mind over OCP/OC2.0 in this thread. I completely agree with you Anthony in that 2.0 was bad for the professionals who takes pride in their work. I love that the product is off the market. But I am not seeing anyone ranting and raving.

`

Optimum rolled the changes out in a bad way that had a serious impact on their loyal installers. Fortunately, they are taking steps to right the ship. But the concerns installers had were real and worth giving consideration to. I don`t think they should be chastised for voicing their concerns in a professional way.

Yes, and Optimum has taken steps to correct and enhance the "official" users of Opti-Coat system. This is what makes them a great company and why I have personally stuck with them. If I have a concern I know that Dr. G will talk directly with me (or anyone) and hear their concerns, praise AND complaints.

`

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information