Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies if this has been covered before.

Does anyone know who currently makes the car care products sold under the BMW brand at dealerships?

The car soap bottle looks a lot like the P21S shampoo bottle, and their wheel cleaner looks like the Sonax bottle.

I`m tempted to at least try the soap. It`s $8.00 CDN a bottle (vs. $12 CDN typically for P21S around here).

Thanks.

PS - I was at my dealership dropping my car off this morning which is why this came to mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzane
    Apologies if this has been covered before.

Does anyone know who currently makes the car care products sold under the BMW brand at dealerships?

The car soap bottle looks a lot like the P21S shampoo bottle, and their wheel cleaner looks like the Sonax bottle.

I`m tempted to at least try the soap. It`s $8.00 CDN a bottle (vs. $12 CDN typically for P21S around here).

Thanks.

PS - I was at my dealership dropping my car off this morning which is why this came to mind.

I think I was involved in a discussion about this a while back........ not sure what we figured out, but I`ve used the car wash... not too bad.

I will say that the BMW "interior cleaner" has one of the best scents in detailing products anywhere, in my opinion.

I always keep a little of it around for quick jobs.

NO affiliation with this seller, just as an example:

BMW Interior Cleaner 8 45 FL Oz | eBay

Post Thanks / Like
    i also thought the BMW products were rebranded P21s, musch like R222 and S100.

If youre looking to be in that price range for soap, look at Duragloss 901, 1z Perls, and Optimum Car Wash. All great inexpensive products available in Canada.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m familiar with some of their stuff. I have a theory that 4 Star / Ultima makes some or all of the products. The soap is very similar in color and thickness to Ultima Shampoo. 4 Star sells the same or similar sheepskin mitt on their website. The mitt and shampoo are very good. I use the interior cleaner as well.

I asked the guy from Sonax at Detail Fest if they made the BMW stuff, they said no. But who knows. There are a lot of similarities.

Post Thanks / Like
    The leather conditioner made me think of Lexol the first time I used it. I am also a fan of the interior cleaner, have not come across anything similar to it.

Excellent color choice on the 335i!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought some of the stuff was made by Sonax. The wheel cleaner comes in the same style bottles as wheel effects.
    2005 Pontiac GTP ---> 2008 BMW 535 xi

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a bottle of the car soap and the interior cleaner when I was back at the dealer a few days ago. I haven`t had a chance to try the soap yet, but it`s got all kinds of health warnings and chemicals listed on the label. I`ll have to post a picture of the label when I get a chance.

Thread Information