Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfgang Concours Series Trio 1- Your Choice!

any suggestions? advice?

i was looking into (2) detail spritz and (1) sealant spritz...$40 for three seems still high but im paying $8 otc and not satisfied with all the dust the zymol im using attracts

im still using the cleaner wax ( zymol) and am really just looking for some higher quality detail sprays and after reading about the sealant spritz i think i could benefit from that as well.

im getting tired of having to dust my car off almost every morning with my california car duster ( it cant be that great on the paint)

Post Thanks / Like
    MeanGreenClean- I know others like them, but I wouldn`t touch my vehicles with a CCD if you paid me (tried it, very carefully...looked fine in some areas until I used magnification and saw what was really happening). I myself would simply let the car get dusty/dirty/etc. and wash it when it really needs it. As I always say, "Life is not a car show". But since this is Autopia, well....OK...

Those products are a pricey, "boutique" way to go. Not knocking that, I sometimes use such stuff too. But I dunno...if you`re even *thinking* "gee that`s pricey" then I wouldn`t spend the money.

The Sealant Spritz is for use after washes, to "boost" your LSP. Eh, I have a few on the shelf but I hardly ever use `em.

The QD is, *IMO* just a pricey alternative to cheaper stuff that`ll almost certainly work as well. That`s not to say that you might not prefer the Wolfgang for some reason, but I wouldn`t spend the money to find out (and I`m not exactly tight with a buck ).

Don`t expect much "anti-static" effect. Even FK425, supposedly very good in this regard, has a minimal impact IME. IF you don`t like how your LSP attracts dust, eh...I`d just use a different LSP.

SO...I`d choose a good QD or rinseless wash for what you want to do between washes. Something you can buy by the gallon and I`d use it with good MFs. That`s if you can`t just leave it alone between washes

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have dust issue, you don`t want an oily QD/booster. That narrows down your list to Z6, FK425, OID. If you are looking for boosters, AW and Z8 are good choices.

The Wolfgang stuff is coming from the AG hype machine. Yes, it will work ok, but you are paying way too much for fancy labels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will add HD FREE - better cleaning ability than any "QD" and leaves a nice polymer protection behind.

Waterless Car Wash Lotion for Your Entire Car - HD Free | 3D Products

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the suggestions. i picked up some surf city beyond black tire dressing,they have it at walmart here.ive read good things on here about it. almost went for the liquid or paste wax $20 with applicator and mf. to use on top of the zymol cleaner wax sine i dont want to buy anither one until this is gone

as far as a lsp im using whats left of my zymol spray glaze and im going to try something else.

im trying to avoid buying online bc i couldnt just buy ine thing,id need more

im just mad they dont carry tire applicators at walmart anymore, o well cant expect much right

Post Thanks / Like
    go to home depot and get some grout sponges. Cut them up to small pieces. there is your quality applicator

Quote Originally Posted by MeanGreenClean
    thanks for the suggestions. i picked up some surf city beyond black tire dressing,they have it at walmart here.ive read good things on here about it. almost went for the liquid or paste wax $20 with applicator and mf. to use on top of the zymol cleaner wax sine i dont want to buy anither one until this is gone

as far as a lsp im using whats left of my zymol spray glaze and im going to try something else.

im trying to avoid buying online bc i couldnt just buy ine thing,id need more

im just mad they dont carry tire applicators at walmart anymore, o well cant expect much right

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of places like Dollar Tree or Big Lots will have tire applicators dirt cheap, the sponge in a plastic cover deal that keeps your fingers clean. I bought a bunch for 5 bucks.

And on another note, they carry drain cleaners for a lot less than the name brands, still same formulars - just called Mr Plumber or something.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol, Wolfgangs, products are for morons who think money buys you the best of everything.....(no offense, I tried them)

The best product company all around is Zaino. Great shine, protection, and easy to use. Not too pricey since you don`t use much of the product. I also like Chemical Guys stuff, and Optimum products are decent as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killerzee
    Zymol, Wolfgangs, products are for morons who think money buys you the best of everything.....(no offense, I tried them)

The best product company all around is Zaino. Great shine, protection, and easy to use. Not too pricey since you don`t use much of the product. I also like Chemical Guys stuff, and Optimum products are decent as well.

Zaino really? If you like their stuff you should check out DuraGloss. Same stuff but cheaper... :flame:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killerzee
    Zymol... products are for morons...

Heh heh, a few members here, who IMO aren`t the least bit swayed by some fallacious cost/quality correlation, might disagree with you where certain Estate Glazes are concerned. A few of those folks have even offered to send me some Vintage to try on the S8 or the Jag, utterly confident that I`d love the stuff (with, perhaps *especially with*, cost out of the picture) on certain vehicles.

Anyhow, Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven` t seen a "blind taste test" type of comparison between the highest of high end Estate Glazes and mere boutique equivalents in a while. Im imagining the Estate stuff would "win" in the categories shown and tested for but factors such as the color and car would be the major influence. Perhaps the regular boutique stuff would look just as good on other colors and cars.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would be hilarious for someone like Megs or 3D to get a couple of rental cars and do one with their flagship product compared to something ridiculous like Zymol Solaris.

If I`m honest with myself, I really can`t come to any conclusion other than Collinite 915 is the pinnacle of value for a wax. I`ve owned a few of the Zymol Estate glazes, which I liked, but if you put 915 and Concours on a car and asked me to tell the two apart, I don`t think I could.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that a truly fair comparison would be kinda tricky to set up :think: Especially the "subjective preference" thing.

On most normal cars (i.e., the "rental" idea), I agree that somebody good could probably make the "cheapie product" car look just as good. Ditto for most comparisons using most cars, evaluated by most people (even us Autopians). Hey, I`m the guy who used 476S on a Concours car that some "expert" thought "must be wearing Dodo Juice, because nothing else looks quite like it!" :chuckle:

But then OTOH...take a car with different/odd/"special" paint and/or body contours, add in an evaluator who wants that vehicle to look a *very* specific way, then things might get interesting.

Different people see, and prefer, different things when they look at cars. Well, at least *certain* cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do agree, things look differently on different cars, and lighting. But you have to think, what is that difference worth to you. And are you the only one that sees it? There is a huge cliff on ROI past $50 when it comes to any detailing product, especially LSP. Give me a specific look you are after, and I`m sure a sub $50 product will get 99% there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a fairly simple/"unexotic" example of a specific look (that I think you`ve heard before)- the (definitely weird!) single stage metallic gray lacquer on my Jag. To *my* eyes, no other combo looks quite the same as SRP topped with SÓ§uveran. Close, but not exactly the same and it just happens to be the specific look I want on that car. So if one of those products became ungodly expensive for some reason, I`d simply pay up for that 1% that nobody else could see. Heh heh, wouldn`t surprise me one bit if other people *preferred* some other look! When I`m gone, the car`s next owner can use whatever he likes :chuckle:

So if somebody feels the same about [whatever] for some reason, I have zero criticism of that person spending whatever they`re comfortable with, and I`m not gonna :boink: them.

Like every mention of ZymÓ§l, this gets back to whether the $ matters to the user. Remember, I`m the guy who says that if, for even a moment, you have to think about the cost at all, then anything more expensive than Collinite oughta be off the list. But for somebody who considers $10K pocket change, well...I`m all for stimulating the economy.

Heh heh, once again, I suspect we`re actually pretty much in agreement here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information