Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

I have been looking at extractors and am wondering, do I need a hot water extractor or would a cold water extractor work just as good?

The prices almost double when I compare the heated to the non heated.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Traditionally, heat sets in stains. However, I did a test on this to wonder if there was much of a difference in using hot water v. cold water. I have a Mytee HP60, so I did a test on a portion of carpet without heating the water and then did a test portion on the same carpet using the heated water, and it seemed as though the heated water did a much better job than the cold water. The only thing I can figure is that the heat "loosened" the fabric and allowed for better, deeper and more thorough cleaning. Again, this is just my experience. If you can afford it, I would get a heated one, and if you ever have the need for using cold water in it, you can also use it as such....but you have the option of using the heated water if needed, also.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help, I kinda figured that the heat would clean deeper since even home carpet cleaning company uses hot water.

Well I cant afford one now, but I can save more money to add to what I have. Just making sure that it cleans that much better considering the extra cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im trying to figure out what the best extractor to get would be. the ones I am looking at are as follows:

1. Bravo Heated Spotter Carpet Extractor

2. Mytee Lite II Heated Extractor

3. Durrmaid Mini Heated Extractor w/Vacuum

Out of these extractor, does anyone have a suggestion one what I should purchase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1
    Thanks for the help, I kinda figured that the heat would clean deeper since even home carpet cleaning company uses hot water.

Well I cant afford one now, but I can save more money to add to what I have. Just making sure that it cleans that much better considering the extra cost.

Yes, I think it would be a good investment to go with a heated extractor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1
    Im trying to figure out what the best extractor to get would be. the ones I am looking at are as follows:

1. Bravo Heated Spotter Carpet Extractor

2. Mytee Lite II Heated Extractor

3. Durrmaid Mini Heated Extractor w/Vacuum

Out of these extractor, does anyone have a suggestion one what I should purchase?

I can`t speak for the other ones, but I have had close to 4 years of reliable use with my Mytee and never had any issues or problems with it.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    04 cobra mystichrome Sold new home in AZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heat is a catalyst to help the cleaning process. Try washing dishes in cold water and then in hot water. Which is easier and gives you the better results? exactly. Same with power washers and extractors. heat= better. However it comes at a premium and one in which you will have to weigh in which fits your budgets and needs.
    -Jake Bright Dynamics Auto Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help all!

The heat does come at a high premium, however, I do believe it would be best to save for the heated one than to buy the cold water extractor, and then in a few months wish I had the heated one. In that case It would be even a higher premium as I would have bought both....

So time to start putting those pennies in the piggy bank lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    While heat is better for overall cleaning, it is not absolutely necessary. In the winter I do not use heat because of limited electric draw when using my space heaters. I do fill it with hot water but it comes out luke warm.

By using a quality carpet pre-treat and spot stains, I don`t notice much of a difference except for ground in dirt, which just takes a few more minutes of extraction.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also suggest you to look at the Aztec Extractor which is the one I am going to get =).

Thread Information