Post Thanks / Like
    What do some of you use to apply dressing to interior panels, dash, vinyl, etc...?

I use a wax aplicator pad, works very well for me while its still new, but after several uses it sucks! TIA!
    T.K.C. Mobile Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    i use a microfiber applicator pad... works wells for me, cheap, and provides even coverage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been recently applying OPP with a detail HVLP spray gun. It uses a lot more product than normal application methods but I can`t imagine any other method getting more even coverage. Once applied you can let it dry for a more glossy look or buff it for a more matte look. Next detail I plan on experimenting with diluting it 3:1 or 2:1 and see how that goes.

Application for a average sized vehicle is pretty fast too. Easily less than five minutes.
    Abralon Surfaced-Makita Powered-Club Flex Finished

Post Thanks / Like
    MF brick or typical round, yellow foam pad. Either works fine for me with Opt. Protectant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never apply dressing on the pedals, it can be slippery.. But a MF towel or like mentioned a MF pad works well.. Apply it to they towel first and wipe it on, otherwise you will have it everywhere where you don`t want it..

Post Thanks / Like
    If applying to the pedals I would use Cockpit Premium. For me, I use MF towels to apply.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank everyone!

I never apply to the pedals, dont wanna have that "what if" on my shoulders..

The wax applicator pads do work well for me, but it seems like i go through them so fast.. they get all dirty and leave dirty dressing streaks on the dash and such...lol

Guess im gonna try the lil yellow foam ones and the MF...
    T.K.C. Mobile Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I very rarely use an interior dressing. I think its a waste of time and money. Plus I like a nice clean feeling. I hate when I get in a car and its a dressed up interior My hands feel so gross. Just a waste. No offense to anyone here, but I think If you have to dress an interior you don`t know how to clean them properly.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`ABQDetailer`]I`ve been recently applying OPP with a detail HVLP spray gun. It uses a lot more product than normal application methods but I can`t imagine any other method getting more even coverage. Once applied you can let it dry for a more glossy look or buff it for a more matte look. Next detail I plan on experimenting with diluting it 3:1 or 2:1 and see how that goes.

Application for a average sized vehicle is pretty fast too. Easily less than five minutes.[/QUO What is a HVLP spray gun?

Post Thanks / Like
    HVLP = High Volume Low Pressure

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    I very rarely use an interior dressing. I think its a waste of time and money. Plus I like a nice clean feeling. I hate when I get in a car and its a dressed up interior My hands feel so gross. Just a waste. No offense to anyone here, but I think If you have to dress an interior you don`t know how to clean them properly.

I don`t think anyone here dresses their interior because they can`t get it cleaned properly. I know I dress my interior because it protects the vinyl/rubber from UV rays. I`ve tried for many years to find a dressing that leaves the material looking undressed but that does add protection.

I would also add that I haven`t used a dressing in some time that left a greasy or nasty feeling on my interior. As long as the excess is buffed off the interior just feels clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    MIkey I understand what your saying completly. I can honestly say in all the cars I own I have never used a UV protectent on any interior plastic. I never noticed a difference. Most of the Protectents or dressing that I have tried actually promote dust to stick to the dressed area. JMO for you if it works then do it.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    MIkey I understand what your saying completly. I can honestly say in all the cars I own I have never used a UV protectent on any interior plastic. I never noticed a difference. Most of the Protectents or dressing that I have tried actually promote dust to stick to the dressed area. JMO for you if it works then do it.

Sounds like your using the wrong dressing then.

Thread Information