Post Thanks / Like
    I was reading about the upcoming Poorboy`s Detailing Weekend and saw a mention by a poster about wanting to try the "new SSR`s". So I went to the Pb`s site and they have a "new and improved" SSR1 & 2 (and they aren`t pink and blue anymore! ). Anybody know what the difference is and/or have any usage reports? I usually skipped SSR2 since 2.5 had more cut yet finished down better (although 2.5 has something in it, in the same way Laser Buff does).

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From his newsletter, the main difference seems to be: "We have new and improved micro and nano polishing powders, which do deeper cleaning and leave an incredible smooth and glossy shine. " (But then again, it says this on the PB home page too, so you probably already know this.)

I don`t have these new versions, so I don`t know the scents nor do I have any hands on experience.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeegr
    (But then again, it says this on the PB home page too, so you probably already know this.)

Oops I didn`t even notice the blurb on the home page, I went straight to the SSR page that had more limited descriptions

Post Thanks / Like
    Autogeek has the old versions BOGO. They already have the new in stock but are waiting to liquidate the old versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered the old versions BOGO on AG. At that price, I might as well try them out. I`ll be using them on my brother`s cars. He has a garage, but it`s full of junk, so I`ll have to use the stuff outside. Looks like I`m going to find out how accurate Poorboy`s claims are about using their stuff in full sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    They work in the sun alright, but they dust like crazy IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered the BOGO off of autogeek too- I think 50% off is a little too good to pass up, even if they are "improving" it. -It`s worked well enough over the last couple years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWax
    I just ordered the BOGO off of autogeek too- I think 50% off is a little too good to pass up, even if they are "improving" it. -It`s worked well enough over the last couple years.

I`ve never tried it, but it`s good to know that somebody liked it before. I never hear too much about them. How do they compare to Menzerna? I`m talking strictly in terms of cut, not quality or anything like that. I`ve used quite a few Menzerna polishes and I would like to know which ones they would compare to in terms of the level of cut.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered a few of Menzerna`s most poplular but I have not had a chance to give `em a whirl. I`ll let you know. Or more likely there are a few people on here that have much experience with both. Chime in guys...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by termigator
    I`ve never tried it, but it`s good to know that somebody liked it before. I never hear too much about them. How do they compare to Menzerna? I`m talking strictly in terms of cut, not quality or anything like that. I`ve used quite a few Menzerna polishes and I would like to know which ones they would compare to in terms of the level of cut.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...ves-chart.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the new SSR 1 and it finishes with great gloss... I only did a small section of a hood with it.. but I was told it would replace my old stand by of FPII on black cars. (it`s the only thing i`ll finish black with) I can`t wait to try a whole car with it..

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    did you really have to post this link? My detailing budget cant afford this!

wait... maybe...

I have really enjoyed the SSR line in the past. Even though these are the "old" ones, I think I`m going to have to get a couple of these to add to the collection.

Thanks for the heads up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like PB polishes a lot (the old ones anyway). SSR 2.5 had great cut but finished down well, and SSR 1 finished with very nice gloss. I also like their work time since I dont have to read an entire book waiting for the polish to breakdown.

Just a heads up to buyers of the old SSR 2.5 that a problem of "pitting" has been sometimes associated with it.

Thread Information