Thread: Chemical Guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I am in need of a new car wash soap. I have heard good things about Chemical Guys washes. I figured I would give them a try. I want a wash I can use once a week that will not strip off any LSP`s. I searched and found the Citrus Wash & Gloss is used to strip off LSP`s so I guess that one is not the one I am looking for. How are the others like Maxi Suds? Or am I completely wrong about the Citrus Wash & Gloss? Also I am about out of P21S Wheel Gel. How does the Chemical Guys wheel gel work against the P21S Gel? Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Citrus Wash & Gloss is fine if you measure it and use it @ it correct strength

it CAN be use it remove LSP`s IF mixed strong

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re looking for a wash to remove LSP`s, I`d go with the CG Citrus Wash & Clear. I ordered some a couple of weeks ago from Detailed Image, and thus far, I am very impressed with its ability to strip LSP`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    CW&G and CW&C are essentially the same, except the &G has glossing agents in it. Both can be used as weekly washes with no damage to your LSP if mixed in the correct ratio. 1/2 oz to a gallon. Both will also strip your LSP if used in the stronger ratio of 2oz per gallon. Most use the CW&G for regular washes because it leaves the glossing agents behind and CW&C to strip LSP.

CW&C:

The Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear is one of the safest products you can use to strip off the protection (i.e. sealant, wax) from your paint. When used in the concentrated form (2oz per gallon of water) it is a paintwork cleanser that helps clean and prep your paint so you can get the most out of your detail. This process is essential for best results before beginning a full detail. You can further dilute (.5 ounces per gallon of water) the Citrus Wash and Clear so it will not strip off the protection.

CW&G:

Mix one half ounce of the solution with 1 – 2 gallons of water when you want to wash your vehicle and not strip off the current layer of protection. The citrus formula helps safely separate and lift contaminants, suspending them in the foam solution. Unlike strong solvents and other harsh chemicals the active cleaning agent is a natural citrus extract, which is 100% biodegradable. The formula also has gloss enhancers that help add more shine to the surface after each wash. The Citrus Wash & Gloss solution is perfect for washing in between full details, so you get that just detailed look back. If you want to use it to strip off the current layer of protection mix 2 ounces with one gallon of water.

Thread Information