Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only complaint I have with ONR is the smell. I really liked the smell of the original formula. It reminded me of "new car smell" (and yes, I`m familiar with the latest research saying that the real new car smell is going to kill us all and throw us into another ice age).

I guess Dr. G got a lot of complaints about the smell, and decided to make it smell "better". Yuck. I know if he ever decided to come out with an Unscented ONR, I`d snap up a bunch.

I have about six ounces of the original smell ONR left. I save it for cleaning the interior of my cars only.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont mind the new smell - kind of toilet cleaner like I guess - but really dont like the old one at all.

I used to use a snow foam that had a similar smell about it and the car would actually smell of it for several hours afterwards. As you walked onot the driveway from the house you could smell it very noticeably and if you put your nose to the paint :laugh: you could smell it rather strongly even after a full wash

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one for ya. How many have tried to mix ONR and OID in one to make the killer combo of the cleaner and super slick ID?? Is it possible, with they mix well together?? thought??
    Fergy-

Your only as good as your last detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclrider
    I got one for ya. How many have tried to mix ONR and OID in one to make the killer combo of the cleaner and super slick ID?? Is it possible, with they mix well together?? thought??

Whyaye man its been discussed loads of times

Works well !

Post Thanks / Like
    Just bought a 32oz of onr and it wasn`t as slick as I thought it was suppose to be. I used RO water and followed the instructions to a T to make clay bar lube. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    slick as in what? Like after waxing slick? Or doesnt feel like theres enough lubricity kind of slick?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    slick as in what? Like after waxing slick? Or doesnt feel like theres enough lubricity kind of slick?

feels like there isn`t enough lubricity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dc5itr329
    feels like there isn`t enough lubricity.

I can safely clay with ONR at wash dillution. I do keep the clay in a small cup of ONR/water at wash dillution as I claying.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I clay with it at wash dilution and have got no marring as a result of not enough lubrication. Try it on a small section. Ive never mixed up anything stronger than the wash ratio so I cant comment on the feel but it should be more than enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I can safely clay with ONR at wash dillution. I do keep the clay in a small cup of ONR/water at wash dillution as I claying.

I`ll give it a try. I added more onr and now it feels better. I added 2 oz to 32 oz of water though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information