Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Klasse AIO+SG for the past seven years, and am now looking for a one-step replacement (still hand-applied) that does what Klasse AIO does but with better durability. Does such a product exist, or is Klasse AIO by itself still in a class of its own?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeffs werkstatt Prime is like a KAIO v2.0 and prime strong is like KAIO on steriods. Prime strong actually has some abrasives in it and can do some minor correction.

EDIT: And in place of KSG you can use Acrylic Jett or the even easier to apply version, Acrylic Jett Trigger

Post Thanks / Like
    2nd the Werkstat recommendation. Prime Acrylic and Prime Strong both are fairly durable by themselves. Use one of the spray products (Acrylic Jett Trigger or Acrylic Glos) as a booster and it will last forever. I`ve also used Z8 over the Primes and it looks great.

WERKSTAT Detailing: Prime

Post Thanks / Like
    Possible candidates to consider:

Prime Strong

Hi-Temp HT-69 Paint Perfection

Optimum Poli-Seal

I`ve used all with good results. I`m sure there are others I`ve forgotten.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard excellent things both about the cleaning power and durability of DuraGloss 501.

Post Thanks / Like
    Prime Strong and Zaino Z-AIO should have a bit better durability and better cleaning/correction than Klasse AIO, but none will truly take the place of two dedicated products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss 501 for great cleaning and 105 for a little more durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    While it doesn`t have quite the cleaning power of KAIO, and it isn`t as durable as KSG (especially *layered* KSG), my choice for this kind of one-step is AutoGlym Super Resin Polish. Keep it off trim though

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino-All-In-One followed by 1000P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY

Yeah, good combo...but not a one-step It`s that "only one product" thing that makes this a tricky one :think: There just aren`t all that many things that clean/prep/etc. and still prove durable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY

I am using zaino... What`s a 1000p ..? link pls?:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwildwest
    I am using zaino... What`s a 1000p ..? link pls?:getdown

1000p Hi Temp Synthetic Paste Wax is made by Finish Kare. It is quickly gaining a following in some circles, especially over at Detailing World and here on Autopia. It is reputed to be exceptionally durable. If you do a google search you`ll find several threads devoted to discussion of the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel
    1000p Hi Temp Synthetic Paste Wax is made by Finish Kare. It is quickly gaining a following in some circles, especially over at Detailing World and here on Autopia. It is reputed to be exceptionally durable. If you do a google search you`ll find several threads devoted to discussion of the product.

Would you say that 1000P is more better on dark colors or light colors? Is it more of a deeper wetter gloss or a shiny look?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mystickid
    Would you say that 1000P is more better on dark colors or light colors? Is it more of a deeper wetter gloss or a shiny look?

IMO it`s more of a light-color/shiny look. But, that said, I used it on the Carbon Metallic Yukon and it looks OK. I guess it`s in that "Meg`s #16" range, where many people think it`s fine on anything but some folks say it`s too reflective/shallow and not "deep" enough with insufficient "jetting".

FK1000P does give a bit of a "extra clearcoat" effect, but man-oh-man we`re splitting hairs here. Still, no it`s not like BF or even UPP in this regard and on dark colors I`d choose FK1000P more for functional reasons than for looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kreativ

Klasse AIO+SG user looking for one-step replacement

I`ve been using Klasse AIO+SG for the past seven years, and am now looking for a one-step replacement (still hand-applied) that does what Klasse AIO does but with better durability. Does such a product exist, or is Klasse AIO by itself still in a class of its own?

Hi, Kreativ. I`m not sure if anyone actually read what you posted. It`s my understanding, based upon the title of your thread, that you seek a 1-step alternative to the Klasse twins.

I`m on the same quest and have yet to find any 1 step product that offers longevity similar to the Klasse products, which often yield a solid 6 months. Most of the 1-steps sitting on the shelves in my basement are good for around 1 month and then fade rapidly. It`s hard to duplicate the protection (base coat + sealant) offered by a multi-step process like Klasse or Werkstatt, etc. I don`t think it`s going to happen with a single step product. You`re asking a single coat to clean/polish/perfect/seal all in one shot...and those are diverse tasks that oppose one another.

Of all the products I`ve tried in this category, there`s an old timer called Liquid Lustre that I`d get a really good life out of, certainly good for 2 or 3 months, maybe better. I think you can still buy it, but I haven`t used it for probably 5 years.

I`m demo-ing Accumulator`s Autoglym SRP on my daily driver right now. I applied it a couple of weeks ago and I can see it`s fading already. Not a big deal....the entire vehicle can be done again in well under an hour, so no hard feelings there.

If you do locate a "miracle" one-step, please share with us. I`d luv to know about it.

Thanks.
    Cars: bringing people together

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information