Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    ^^^

I bet they start raising the prices of the resin now!

Cheers,

GREG
    ....I doubt it. Apparently, this is the the same price point they`ve been selling their resin at for a while now and it`s no secret how much others charge for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based in SuperBee recharing his resin, it got me thinking that it might be easier to recharge our resin if we had anion in one and cation in the other. Would this work the same way as mixed bed resin?

Post Thanks / Like
    ....ok. I received the resin last week from Windiws 101 and thought I would take some pictures in case anyone was curious.

Far from a professional packing job but the bag made it without any rips or tears:

Here are a couple of shots of the resin:

I replaced the resin in my DIC-20 canisters but before I reinstalled them, I figured I would check the PPM of my tap water:

Anyhow, I washed my weekend car and my DD today and the resin performed well:

Definitely worth the $95/cubic ft price tag ($122 shipped to So.CA). As long as there are no issues with the longevity of this resin as compared to the stuff from CRS, I think I found my new source. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kean,

Thanks for posting the pics. It looks promising - I`ll keep my fingers crossed. Your tap water is really bad - I believe mine was right at 300. Guess I can`t complain any more. I actually used my unit yesterday to wash my wife`s vehicle. It was so dirty, I wasn`t even sure there was a car beneath all the dirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kean,

My sister in law is headed to Seattle next week, having her bring back 2 cu/ft of the stuff. I will probably sell Superbee a cu/ft of the goods, so he can have plenty to recharge!

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem guys. Yeah, I kept the spent resin this time just in case I go the "self-recharging" route down the line. Anyhow, I`ll let you know how it goes after a few more washes (rinses actually). I believe I got a dozen or so uses from the CRS resin in the past if I recall correctly.

jb1,

Yeah, I didn`t realize how bad my water was until I actually checked it. btw, out of curiosity I had also checked the PPM with my in-line sediment & soft water filters hooked up:

I haven`t recharged my soft water filter in some time so I don`t know if that # would actually decrease or not after letting the cartridge soak in a salt solution. ....just thought it was interesting. I may do a little more experimenting during my next resin change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean
    No problem guys. Yeah, I kept the spent resin this time just in case I go the "self-recharging" route down the line. Anyhow, I`ll let you know how it goes after a few more washes (rinses actually). I believe I got a dozen or so uses from the CRS resin in the past if I recall correctly.

jb1,

Yeah, I didn`t realize how bad my water was until I actually checked it. btw, out of curiosity I had also checked the PPM with my in-line sediment & soft water filters hooked up:

I haven`t recharged my soft water filter in some time so I don`t know if that # would actually decrease or not after letting the cartridge soak in a salt solution. ....just thought it was interesting. I may do a little more experimenting during my next resin change.

Kean,

That`s nasty water man. LOL My wife and I are having a new house built and I`m having a water softener installed. At the very least I hope it makes my resin (and appliances) last a tad longer than without one.

I`ve been told that removing the sodium/potassium won`t be quite as taxing on the resin as water straight from the tap. Oh yeah, I`m getting hot water plumbed too. Car wash heaven here I come. :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    What system did you decide to go with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jb1
    Kean,

That`s nasty water man. LOL My wife and I are having a new house built and I`m having a water softener installed. At the very least I hope it makes my resin (and appliances) last a tad longer than without one.

I`ve been told that removing the sodium/potassium won`t be quite as taxing on the resin as water straight from the tap. Oh yeah, I`m getting hot water plumbed too. Car wash heaven here I come. :bounce
    ....yeah, it`s worse than I thought. I am going to recharge my soft water cartridge and see what difference that makes in the readings.

....hot water is going to be nice. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    SuperBee

Since your original post about your DIY CR, have you perfected the product? Just wondering if you had a find list of parts, the supplers, and the prices at this point?

If so, can you please let me know that information...I`d love to make one.

I`m assuming that you`ve taken your original design and perfected it with some of the other peoples` ideas.

Thanks,

Nathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone else had luck with the Tulsion resin? I just picked up a CR Spotless for $99 picked up. Its the DIC-20 model as well

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up 2cu/ft of the stuff, but still have a some resin in the CR.

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, guess I`ll wait and see if the resin in my CRS can be used or not before I get some then

Post Thanks / Like
    ....well, it`s been about a month and several car washes later. The Tulsion resin performs as well as the CRS product it replaced IMO/IME. I just finished cleaning my windows on my house and the PPM meter is still at "000". I have about 8 washes on 2 vehicles so far. With the CRS resin I could count on about a dozen or so. Either way, at half the cost this stuff is already shaping up to be a good bargain. I guess I`ll see how long the product will last. I expect the same logevity if not more since I believe I have become a little more efficient with its use over time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kean- Thanks for the update. Next time I need resin I might go that route.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information