Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Speaking of which, I`m off for a nice shave with my Hess Stainless straight RP, bought NOS off of ebay a while back, with a bit of Penhaglion`s on a Super Badger.

And if you have no idea what I`m talking about, `sok... Fluxy does.

nice, still using feather double sided safety blades with by Gillette fat & slim boys, some Dr. harris and a nice super badger. Cant beat a close shave and pennies a refill

Post Thanks / Like
    Man I want that Blennheim Bouquet cream but that`s not a cheap tin. My last purchase was a medium Rooney brush (about $150).

I got into safety razors to get away from expensive cartridges. Too bad brushes and soaps usurped those costs. Hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    Man I want that Blennheim Bouquet cream but that`s not a cheap tin. My last purchase was a medium Rooney brush (about $150).

I got into safety razors to get away from expensive cartridges. Too bad brushes and soaps usurped those costs. Hahaha

That`s the one I have. The wife got it for me for Father`s day a couple years ago. I`ve been limiting myself to how often I use it, but I think I probably better go ahead and use it up. Even though it`s in the really nice glass jar with metal lid, it`s getting dried out. The smell is unbelievable, but the shaving qualities don`t match the scent or the price. I still get better performance with a cheap stick of Tabac.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by burstofspeed
    nice, still using feather double sided safety blades with by Gillette fat & slim boys, some Dr. harris and a nice super badger. Cant beat a close shave and pennies a refill

Yup, I still use a safety razor at work, being as how I can`t take a straight razor through security. Still working through a 100 pack of Derby`s, then I`m gonna get the world sample of blades. Anxious to try the (in)famous Feathers.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    That`s the one I have. The wife got it for me for Father`s day a couple years ago. I`ve been limiting myself to how often I use it, but I think I probably better go ahead and use it up. Even though it`s in the really nice glass jar with metal lid, it`s getting dried out. The smell is unbelievable, but the shaving qualities don`t match the scent or the price. I still get better performance with a cheap stick of Tabac.

My fav (hands down) is Dr Harris - Arlington. Amazing scent and shave from it. I need to get another tub of it now that I am salavating over it. But then again ive never used the Blenheim Bouquet (do have the A/S though)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eyezack87
    If you had read carefully, I specifically stated my friend :2thumbs:

Unless I read it wrong, I thought you said your friend got it his resin price matched somewhere...meaning he got the CR resin at tulsion price. I was asking what retailer price matched it for your friend :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZN_C300
    Unless I read it wrong, I thought you said your friend got it his resin price matched somewhere...meaning he got the CR resin at tulsion price. I was asking what retailer price matched it for your friend :2thumbs:

Ahh, he priced his drum of resin to the Tulsion one for me since his unit got stolen and wanted to get rid of it

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought guys, I know Costco has the CR Spotless for $370, but AG is giving 15% off. So There CR is $400 -15% = $340 with free shipping! I know it doesn`t come with the extra`s as Costco`s does but seems like a good deal. I plan on getting one of these for myself and using the David Sanders version of recharging the resign. Might use some of that savings to purchase an extra bag of resign but it`ll still be savings! Just a thought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure they are offering 15% off of the CRS? If it`s the current Father`s Day sale that you`re talking about, I don`t believe it includes the CRS, their DA`s etc. as usual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I couldn`t find anything stating it specifically doesn`t, but I guess I can understand. No margin for profit on those probably Oh well it was a good thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....yeah. Sales that include items like that are rare. Here are the details:

* Coupon valid on in stock items. Not applicable on previously placed orders, custom or special order items, extractors, air compressors, car covers, polishers & polisher kits, vacuums, VIP specials, Buy One, Get One Free items, Pro Detailer Kits, Kreepstool, FlatStoppers, garage flooring, gift certificates, complete wash systems or any item as noted on product page. One coupon code per order. Sale ends 6/17/10 at midnight EST.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhkr
    Just a thought guys, I know Costco has the CR Spotless for $370, but AG is giving 15% off. So There CR is $400 -15% = $340 with free shipping! I know it doesn`t come with the extra`s as Costco`s does but seems like a good deal. I plan on getting one of these for myself and using the David Sanders version of recharging the resign. Might use some of that savings to purchase an extra bag of resign but it`ll still be savings! Just a thought!

Does AG CR spotless give you an extra refill of resin? That is worth about 90$. Also if you don`t like the unit you can take it back to costco no questions asked! I don`t see why you would want to deal with AG.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Bringing up this topic again. On ebay they have twin 20" with the bracket to hold the two housings for $125 including shipping. But the only problem is they have the 1" inlet/outlet. Im going to check around for the 1"-3/4 conversion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few questions.

1. I can just put the resin the housing correct?

2. I looked on windows 101 for the resin but its not there now. Is there a place you guys are getting it from now.

3. Should I install a filter or a water softener filter before the deionized chambers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Edit: Is this nuclear grade ok and about how many pounds do I need.

Nuclear Grade DI Resin 1.5 gallons (7.5 pounds) - English

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information