Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a bunch Kean! I`ll probably order it once I pick up my CR Spotless from San Diego next Saturday

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah thanks Kean. I`ve been following this thread as well. I`ll be moving into a townhome for 3-4 months while our house is being built so I`ll be ONRing in the garage. 1 gallon distilled water jugs, here I come............

On the bright side, I`ll have some resin to use in August. :woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    ....hey guys. I just wanted to chime in and provide another update. It`s another month later and my first batch of Tulsion resin finally gave out this morning as I was preparing my new car for a full detail. I got two solid months of use which is about on par with the CRS resin (actually a little better considering I got about 16+ rinses out of it). There really is no difference between the two IMO/IME except for price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Now just need to find some place that sells it locally. I`m coming up on needing to replace the resin soon so timing is perfect!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear the Tulsion resin working so well. I was about to place my order for it but as fate would have it, my friend price matched his drum of resin from CRSpotless to it so I`m good for a while

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone price matched CR Spotless resin to the Tulsion one? Where?

Post Thanks / Like
    Update...

Since the original post, I caved in and bought a CRSpotless from costco.com. I have been very happy with the unit. However, at $370, it`s not exactly cheap.

If you look around, you can buy all the parts you need to make your own CRSpotless for around $180. This will give you a machine capable of holding the same amount of resin as a DIC-20. The little contraption I made on page one doesn`t even hold half the resin of a DIC-20. I do still use it, though. I use it to rinse out my resin after recharging it.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZN_C300
    Someone price matched CR Spotless resin to the Tulsion one? Where?

If you had read carefully, I specifically stated my friend :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Update...

Since the original post, I caved in and bought a CRSpotless from costco.com. I have been very happy with the unit. However, at $370, it`s not exactly cheap.

If you look around, you can buy all the parts you need to make your own CRSpotless for around $180. This will give you a machine capable of holding the same amount of resin as a DIC-20. The little contraption I made on page one doesn`t even hold half the resin of a DIC-20. I do still use it, though. I use it to rinse out my resin after recharging it.

Does 180 include two sets of resin like costco?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    Does 180 include two sets of resin like costco?

Nope, but if you go here: Window Cleaning Shop (thanks to jb1 for sniffing this one out)

you`ll get an entire cubic foot of resin (that`s enough to do about three complete fills of a DIC-20) for about 140 bucks, including shipping.

So for $320, you get a complete system, three sets of resin, and you get to pocket the extra sixty bucks.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, but if you go here: Window Cleaning Shop (thanks to jb1 for sniffing this one out)

you`ll get an entire cubic foot of resin (that`s enough to do about three complete fills of a DIC-20) for about 140 bucks, including shipping.

So for $320, you get a complete system, three sets of resin, and you get to pocket the extra sixty bucks.

Well I have a dic-20. Was just trying to make a point it`s not quite as cheap as it seems once you buy resin.

I still want Greg Nichols resin source.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    Thanks Kean,

My sister in law is headed to Seattle next week, having her bring back 2 cu/ft of the stuff. I will probably sell Superbee a cu/ft of the goods, so he can have plenty to recharge!

Cheers,

GREG

Anytime you`re ready, Greg! I needs me some more resin for my little chemistry shop.

Seriously.. I was thinking of ordering some tomorrow, but if you do have an extra cubic foot you want to get rid of, let me know.

I found another source for resin. It`s actually a bit cheaper than Windows101, even. Been thinking about ordering a foot of the single bed anion and single bed cation, but it`s kinda pricey that way.

Here`s the place: Ion Exchange Resin - Mixed Bed Resin at Watersurplus.com

I don`t have any idea on what their shipping rates are yet, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have a dic-20. Was just trying to make a point it`s not quite as cheap as it seems once you buy resin.

I still want Greg Nichols resin source.

It was Windows101. They are in Seattle. He had a relative stop in and pick up two cubic feet of the stuff, then drive it back to Greg`s.

As for the savings on a DIY unit, it`s still not bad. An extra set of resin, and 60 bucks in the pocket. Not bad, for a cheap guy like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was Windows101. They are in Seattle. He had a relative stop in and pick up two cubic feet of the stuff, then drive it back to Greg`s.

As for the savings on a DIY unit, it`s still not bad. An extra set of resin, and 60 bucks in the pocket. Not bad, for a cheap guy like me.

Right. you sure got nice stuff for a "cheap guy" haha. Also for the 60 bucks I`d rather buy it premade than take the time to source parts and put it together. But that`s just me. The pricing would have to get a LOT cheaper for me to go "DIY"

Post Thanks / Like
    Right. you sure got nice stuff for a "cheap guy" haha.

Speaking of which, I`m off for a nice shave with my Hess Stainless straight RP, bought NOS off of ebay a while back, with a bit of Penhaglion`s on a Super Badger.

And if you have no idea what I`m talking about, `sok... Fluxy does.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information