Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    chem dry is bonnet cleaning with carbonation, this is Hot water extraction with ionized water and enzyme detergents.

All of which have been available to any carpet cleaner with a truck mount for 40 years.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    SilverLexus, I appreciate the information. We have had a couple "Professional" carpet cleaning companies "clean" our carpets over the last year, and we have been very disappointed with the results. I think we`ll give ZeroRez a shot next time we have them done.

You are very welcome. I was very happy with the results we got.

All of which have been available to any carpet cleaner with a truck mount for 40 years.

I`m not so sure. There has been lots of R&D into this Empowered Water. As well, I have not seen results like this from any regular carpet cleaner I have used before and I must have tried a dozen over the years.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    I`m not so sure. There has been lots of R&D into this Empowered Water. As well, I have not seen results like this from any regular carpet cleaner I have used before and I must have tried a dozen over the years.

Good grief. The website YOU linked says this: "English chemist Michael Faraday discovered the process for producing electrolyzed oxidative (EO) water." Michael Faraday lived from 1791-1867.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    You are very welcome. I was very happy with the results we got.

Wait a minute, first you criticize Setec for speculating because he has no experience with the aforementioned technology; then you accuse Grouse, a certified carpet cleaning professional for I don`t know how many years, of having inaccurate information?

I guess we can`t all live in Lee`s world unless we buy into the hype and stop thinking for ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Good grief. The website YOU linked says this: "English chemist Michael Faraday discovered the process for producing electrolyzed oxidative (EO) water." Michael Faraday lived from 1791-1867.

That would mean something only if their R&D did nothing to enhance or commercialize Faraday`s technology.

Mike, Superbee is right. You are one grumpy individual. Why do you always criticize people? You are taking the fun out of this hobby.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute, first you criticize Setec for speculating because he has no experience with the aforementioned technology; then you accuse Grouse, a certified carpet cleaning professional for I don`t know how many years, of having inaccurate information?

I respect Grouse opinion since he has deep experience in this area, however I am not sure he is right on this one. I have a feeling this is a true innovation.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, sounds like a new application to something they`ve been doing for a while... sounds like they`ve been using that type of water for vegetable cleaning and other applications in the food industry. Ya gotta admit, though... "Empowered Water" is a really stupid name. What, is it water that`s been watching Dr. Phil for a week straight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    I wonder how it differs from Chem Dry?

ChemDry was one of the companies we used that we were very disappointed in. The carpet pile looked very good when he was done, but the process didn`t do much for actual cleaning. I took my home extractor back over the carpet he had "cleaned". The extracted water was completely black. I wouldn`t waste my money on them again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the name is a bit odd. My guess is that they want to highlight the fact that the water is doing all of the heavy work.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Despite their claim the premise has been around for many many years. They may have found a process to make it more economical. But not necessarily better than any other carpet cleaning HWE system.

5 years ago venturi chemical steam was the hot ticket, Everyone had a bit of that franchise.

Detailing and carpet are very similar. you have have all the tools in the world but a good tech, with a good process can do good work no matter what you give him.

FWIW chemdry is a bonnet cleaning. it can reach the top 30% of the face fiber, HWE can reach the top 70%, Host/von schrader can reach about the top 20%.

Personally, I prefered to

Vacuum

Pre spot,

Precondition

Bonnet to agitate

Ho````er extract with a wand on the edges

Hot water extract with a Rotary (rx-20) on the main traffic areas

Dry stroke

apply protector

Bonnet dry

Set up air movers
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Setec, are you doing ok, man? I ask because it seems that lately you have been really bitter in alot of your posts.

/\ I agree.

Grouse - that`s some great info. I`m always fascinated with your carpet work and knowledge. Wish we had someone around here like yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s keep this thread on track and avoid the sarcasm, the insults, and the personal drama, shall we?

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    Despite their claim the premise has been around for many many years. They may have found a process to make it more economical. But not necessarily better than any other carpet cleaning HWE system.

5 years ago venturi chemical steam was the hot ticket, Everyone had a bit of that franchise.

Detailing and carpet are very similar. you have have all the tools in the world but a good tech, with a good process can do good work no matter what you give him.

FWIW chemdry is a bonnet cleaning. it can reach the top 30% of the face fiber, HWE can reach the top 70%, Host/von schrader can reach about the top 20%.

Personally, I prefered to

Vacuum

Pre spot,

Precondition

Bonnet to agitate

Ho````er extract with a wand on the edges

Hot water extract with a Rotary (rx-20) on the main traffic areas

Dry stroke

apply protector

Bonnet dry

Set up air movers

Which system is that? Is it the semi-damp granules like Swedry and Resolve Granules?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Host/von scrader are swedry/capture/ resolve granuales. Usually a polymer/corn cob with semi moist detergent in it. Brush it in, it attracts the dirt vacuum out.
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

~Aaron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information