Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    That is just it with Z Heads. They only want a "pat on the back" and never anyone to question or not like the product.
    You`re not helping . . . posts like this are just as divisive as the so-called "beatdowns" you mention.

Tort

(moderator)

Post Thanks / Like
    Peace Love and Woodstock

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TortoiseAWD
    You`re not helping . . . posts like this are just as divisive as the so-called "beatdowns" you mention.

Tort

(moderator)

The thing is, is that I use Zaino. I use Z-5 pro on all of my cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtpa
    The thing is, is that I use Zaino. I use Z-5 pro on all of my cars.
    I know you do; I read that. And it has no bearing on what I said.

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3a
    Fobia, your car has some very nice gloss and the depth is very apparent. How long ago was the Z5pro and CS done? Do you drive it daily?
    thanks!

z5pro x2.. and clear seal

drive it daily.

and it was done january 31st.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Zaino has a big following because performance is high and the new products are pretty innovative in terms of what they do. I love Zaino but I use a variety of products for a variety of things. Sometimes fans get carried away and are a bit dogmatic.

Unfortunately I see a lot of members denigrate Zaino who have never tried it. I think people should only offer an opinion on two competing products when both have been tried.

In my mind Zaino is a bit like Apple Mac fans. Once you buy a Mac you see some really cool benefits and it makes you want to share your passion with others.

I like having a very wet car and I`ve been able to achieve that with Z-2 Pro on silver although Souveran is still a bit wetter imho. The problem is the Souveran look does not last over time which is okay for shows or times of the year where frequent detailing is a pleasure. But the durability of Zaino with Z-8 and CS additions is lengthy. In my experiments Z-5Pro comes very, very close to Souveran on black or a dark blue.

I like to keep trying new things however to make sure I have the best products in my garage.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus

Unfortunately I see a lot of members denigrate Zaino who have never tried it. I think people should only offer an opinion on two competing products when both have been tried.

In one particular instance, a member simply stated that an ease-of-use feature of a certain product had no value to him for his detailing regimen. I don`t see how that is an invalid opinion, any more than I might say that my car doesn`t have a sunroof and I see no value in having a sunroof in a car based on the way I use a car, there are valid downsides of a sunroof (costs more, reduces headroom, potential for leaks) that I can discern without having to have a car with a sunroof, and that therefore I don`t want to have a car with a sunroof.

By your logic, I wouldn`t be able to express that opinion if I have never "tried" a car with a sunroof. I don`t really consider that logic, I consider it sour grapes, and an attempt to muzzle opinions that might differ from yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    A feature on a car, is a little different than a detailing product. Many people love a sunroof. I for one could not live without it in our cars. But I have tried the products and I really like a few of them. Ease of use is a great feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    In my mind Zaino is a bit like Apple Mac fans. Once you buy a Mac you see some really cool benefits and it makes you want to share your passion with others.

While I can soooo agree here, I just stopped trying. If you buy a Mac(Zaino) then good but if you want to continue to use your PC(Product X) then I don`t care. Have fun with it.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I must have visited the Zaino store site 10 times this week but when I see the price I can`t get myself to order it. I can`t imagine it making THAT much of a difference from what I use now, plus, my car is silver. If anyone gets a chance to compare against 105, AW, or Mothers Reflections on silver please post. I am really curious to hear what others find with CS and silver.

I do not mind waxing every month, so the "ease of use" is not much of a factor. Right now I use AW after every wash. In other words I am looking for a significant difference in looks, ease of use and durability are secondary to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a lot like Mac fans. (I am a mac fan, and use one, but also a PC). Mac fans can never admit that there is anything wrong with the Mac, and are very narrow minded. But at the same time, they have a great product.

Post Thanks / Like
    While I can soooo agree here, I just stopped trying. If you buy a Mac(Zaino) then good but if you want to continue to use your PC(Product X) then I don`t care. Have fun with it.

I agree.

I must have visited the Zaino store site 10 times this week but when I see the price I can`t get myself to order it.

You have to think about Price Per Application. A bottle of Zaino lasts a very long time since the coats are applied so thin. Thin is in!
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    By your logic, I wouldn`t be able to express that opinion if I have never "tried" a car with a sunroof. I don`t really consider that logic, I consider it sour grapes, and an attempt to muzzle opinions that might differ from yours.

It`s different when you are commenting on two products` performance.

In my opinion, you can`t be knowledgeable until you have applied a sealant in person on your own familiar car and lived a bit with the result. Without that experience how do you know about ease of application, overall appearance, ease of removal, durability, use of quick detail or spray sealant, slickness, etc.? You don`t. Try both products and compare and contrast them.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes you dont need to know all of that to say whether you like something or not. Many people can comment on what the car looks like when they personally see it. It does not mean they have to like or not like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    My RX8 with CS and Pim Sov. Taken wit a camers phone

How did the CS effect the look souveran in terms of depth and nuba glow?

did you like the look?

Is this your new combo?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information