Post Thanks / Like
    How many people use this model? I was going to get a Mytee Spyder Extractor but this thing caught my eye. It is supposed to be a steamer and extractor all in one. I`m debating on whether to get this all in one unit or get the Spyder and the TR6 steamer. Any help would be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    lots on here have talked about wanting two separate units for two separate processes....others like it...its mixed....there have been some other thread about this in the past, but it was pretty split up

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it. It is a total champ. I clean my house with it mostly. Things have never been so clean since I got this. I had to buy a TR5 for my in-laws for X-mas because they were amazed how clean my house was after using it. My travertine marble floors and shower stalls are like NEW. Its amazing for hardwood, lineoleum, and tiles of all types. I vapored and extracted my carpets, they look like new and are SOFT when you are complete, no chemicals.

It cleans greasy engines like you have never seen, car and home carpets (dry and feeling like new), complete interiors of cars, and impossibly tight wheel crevices.

The extractor is very strong, but you really wont use it much once you see how the steam frees up dirt from the carpets. The vapor cleaner part fo this is one of their best units. Warning, you can burn your hands with the steam if you are not careful. I did 2x.

Post Thanks / Like
    I clean carpets this way with the vapor cleaner:

1. Vacuum entire interior

2. Take the nozzle with no head and high psi and hit all of the "spots" (you may pre-treat with chemicals if you choose or need)

3. Blot with towels (not really drying, just picking up the stain and some mist)

4. Use the triangle head and a Costco cheap microfiber using low psi and steam the entire carpet. (microfiber will turn black form dirt)

5. Vacuum entire carpet to remove loose debris

*For HEAVY soil, use the extractor first to get out the bulk, the vapor cleaner will get the rest.

*Use it on the plastic parts You can BLAST dirt out from the tiniest crevices (screw heads) and they will be lightly moist as worst.

The interior smells fresh and feels clean to the touch. I think you will be happy. You also reduce the risk of stripping color out of the carpets, and making "fuzz" from scrubbing wiht a brush you are not using chemicals.

I havent use it on a felt headliner, I think low psi, a triangle head, and a microfiber will work though.

*Wheels come out better than new.

*Home windows are spotless, never cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the great writeup jsatek. I do a lot of interior details and sounds like this will save me a lot of time!

Post Thanks / Like
    You will be able to charge MORE once you have one of these.

Pollen allergy problem in the spring? - Blast the A/C vents with 300 degree steam!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how much lift the extractor has? I can`t find that info anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call Vapor Clean Products, they answer any questions you have. Good customer service, if you dont know how or if you should clean something, they will tell you. I called about 3 times before I bought mine.

I`d say the extractor is a "middle-upper" power unit. It runs on a 15amp circuit.

Dont forget the trolley if you buy this unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like that it runs on 15 amp. I did see the trolley. I thought it came with it! lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsatek
    I`d say the extractor is a "middle-upper" power unit.
    "Middle-upper" being upper part of middle class or middle part of upper class?

Post Thanks / Like
    just a note this is not a continuos fill...
    another day another dollar

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at the Desiderio too, but decided to go with the Kleen Jet 200 steamer and the Durrmaid extractor. The combined price of the 2 units is about the same as the Desiderio.

A couple things made me go with the 2 units:

1- The Kleen-Jet and Durrmaid are both made in the US. Other than keeping our people at work, I`m a lot more comfortable with the likelihood that I can get parts and repair work done if needed. The Desiderio is from Italy. If the importer and the Italian manufacturer become at odds with each other (This happens more than you think as I`ve experienced in hi-end audio), the product may no longer be sold here. Tough luck trying to get parts if that happens.

2- If the Desi breaks, you lose both your steamer and extractor. With the 2 units, you lose only 1 tool.

3- The Durrmaid has more suction than the Desiderio and will be more effective as an extractor.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information! That gives me something else to think about. I was actually looking at the Aztec a while back which is pretty much the same thing as the Durrmaid.

With the Durrmaid, you can use the extractor and the solution at the same time, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Its on the border of upper but doesn`t have the amps. Its about 75% of the best extractor I have used. More than adequate for 8 sq/ft of carpet and floor mats.

It will work for about 2.5 hours on a fill, so lets say 5 interiors. It takes about 20 minutes to cool, fill, and reheat.

A pair of TR6`s and a MYTEE would be better for a fixed location, high volume shop. The Desidero is excellent for home/ light commerical use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MMasz
    The Kleen-Jet and Durrmaid are both made in the US. Other than keeping our people at work, I`m a lot more comfortable with the likelihood that I can get parts and repair work done if needed. The Desiderio is from Italy. If the importer and the Italian manufacturer become at odds with each other (This happens more than you think as I`ve experienced in hi-end audio), the product may no longer be sold here. Tough luck trying to get parts if that happens.
    Very good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MMasz
    If the Desi breaks, you lose both your steamer and extractor. With the 2 units, you lose only 1 tool.
    One can`t argue with this one.

... both of which remind me buying separately allows you to replace (upgrade) one unit independently from other.

Thread Information