Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Great forum. I have been lurking for ages..but have found most everything thru the use of the search function. I`ve been into detailing as a hobby for 18 years. Mostly for show cars, and my daily drivers. Once in a while friends cars...

Anyways, I currently use a few plastic caddies to carry my supplies from the basement out to the unheated garage to detail. I used store all my chemicals on a steel shelf unit. Cheapo. Just before christmas I found the "straw that broke the camels back". The unit bent sideways and collapsed. After the fun time I had cleaning the mess up, I started thinking of building some kind of cart to put all of my supplies on in an orderly fashion. I know...get better shelving.....but... does anyone use something like this? I fabricate and weld and will build it myself. I am looking for some ideas to go by. I picture a simple 3 shelf cart on wheels...but am wondering if there are any trick set ups out there. Maybe doors that swing out and hold chemicals etc. I am looking for ideas for storing different products, with their appropriate applicators, keeping them together. I have some ideas...and would like to hear more ideas...and I have no shame in copying someone elses cart. If it is a homebuilt cart that I copy I will give tribute by naming my cart after the original designer. You will be famous with my neighbors and my dog.

I have searched and really cant find anything. Any pictures or anything you guys have made would be great. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....3010&SKU=92520

This is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. The price is outrageous, but maybe you can find a similar one for a fair price somewhere locally or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have a Sams, they have a chrome one. Three shelves, wheels, handle. Made for restaurants.

There is a pic of it in my gallery. Under 50 bucks.
    Ric
    3Dog Garage
    HOGtailing is my business

Post Thanks / Like
    I use these guys. Great prices and they have a Meguiar`s car care section too. I think free shipping over $99.00.

http://thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/TTW87.html
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    harbor freight has the rubbermaid 2 and 3 shelf for around 19 and 29 bucks.

dirt diggler

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the rubbermaid 2 shelf cart ..........best buy I`ve ever made. I just load up my supplies, roll it down the drive way and start working. reduced trips back & forth to the garage.

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop...00-88GRAY.html
    "A"

`06 Lexo GS3Silver over Black

"if it ain`t a lexo you got 2nd best"

Post Thanks / Like
    i got one at harbor freight about a month ago, on sale for $22.99 (total $24.77!) and am actually quite pleased with it. it`s more than adequate and was easy to put together... http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....harbor+freight

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdiggler
    harbor freight has the rubbermaid 2 and 3 shelf for around 19 and 29 bucks.

dirt diggler

link? couldnt find it
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I`m kinda disappointed. I thought I was going to get a bunch of responses showing ultra modern supply carts. I guess I am going to have to spend the big $$ at harbor freight or design my own. Hmm.

Any ideas or features you professional type detailers would include if you were going to build a cart?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jowlz,

Here is a link to a thread on which i posted my detailing cart that i use. 2nd post down. Cart was $50 from Harbor Freight. Only problem I have had so far is that some chemicals leaked onto it and now the paint is chipping. If the Plastic ones weren`t so expensive, i would probably recommend them.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....2&page=3&pp=12

Post Thanks / Like
    Check Ebay for utility carts, I just looked and came up with a bunch, priced decently, even with shipping added to it

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SR77
    Jowlz,

Here is a link to a thread on which i posted my detailing cart that i use. 2nd post down. Cart was $50 from Harbor Freight. Only problem I have had so far is that some chemicals leaked onto it and now the paint is chipping. If the Plastic ones weren`t so expensive, i would probably recommend them.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread....2&page=3&pp=12

Thats a good looking cart. Do the casters have brakes on them? Thanks, I might go that route.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jowlz,

No, it doesn`t have brakes, but where I use it is very flat so it has not been a problem for me. i could easily go down to the hardware store ansd get some if it became a problem. i have had this cart for about 3 years now, so the ones for sale now might even come with the brake casters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to do my detailing away from home, like a quiet park so I bought a big plastic Stanley Tool box and a power inverter to plug in the PC. I throw a large bottle of water in the trunk. During the winter when it gets REALLY COLD I drive to one of those underground heated garages. I once spent 8 hours claying and Klassing.

BoxsterS:GT3 Recaro Pole Position Seats, GT3 Front bumper, 20 lb. 18"Carrera 5 spokes,Toyo RA-1, Valentine 1!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789415

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information