Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalN.
    Thanks alot for doing it PROPERLY with projectors and not just throwing a HID bulb inside of a reflector... I see that far more than I care to mention these days.

Agreed. :goodjob
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the work he put in and was amazed!:usa
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    Cool, I`ll look into that! The last time I looked into retrofitting years ago, I had no idea that the S2K projectors could be used in place of the stock OEM ones, hehe.

Don`t quote me on the S2000 being the same size as the stock OEM`s. It would be good to get another spare set of lights so you can take your time doing the retro. It would be much easier and alot less work for anyone working with an oem projector from factory. IMO i`d go with either the S2000 or TSX setup for the teg. Or if you have h4`s like me and want high beams you could do what is called a "TFX retro" which uses a TSX lense in place of the standard Infiniti fx lense for much better clarity/sharpness/color and you still have low/high beams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I`ll probably start looking into S2K and TSX HID assemblies to see which ones will come out cheaper for me. I`ll probably have them installed in brand new headlight assemblies (OEM or possibly aftermarket) so my car won`t be out of commission for a few days.

Have any leads that you can share so I can get started? I used to go to a lot of forums and online stores that sold HID kits but it`s really been a long while, hehe.
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Denzil
    Yeah, I`ll probably start looking into S2K and TSX HID assemblies to see which ones will come out cheaper for me. I`ll probably have them installed in brand new headlight assemblies (OEM or possibly aftermarket) so my car won`t be out of commission for a few days.

Have any leads that you can share so I can get started? I used to go to a lot of forums and online stores that sold HID kits but it`s really been a long while, hehe.

Check honda-tech.com for some oem headlights. I found mine on there. I believe 96-98 Civic headlights are harder to find than 95-up Integra headlights so you should have no problem finding some good used ones. Just make sure the used headlights are polish-able if they show signs of wear before you spend your money. S2000 projectors are going to run you from $280-$340. The ones to get are the AP1 projectors since they are clear. The lenses on the 03 or 04 and up are freznel. TSX`s can be found for around $150-$200. Again with the tsx`s there are certain years that have the clear lenses and other years that have freznel lenses. I`m not sure on the years. Check out hidplanet.com for the retro how to`s and info before you do it. I can ask my friend if he has more TSX`s and see how much he wants for them. He also has bulbs and ballast. Here is a few links on retro`d tegs:

HiDPlanet.com :: Log in

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll have to register on hidplanet to see the links.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll also want to invest in a wiring harness so you don`t draw power through your stock wiring harness and risk damage to it and possibly other components of the car. Harnesses are about $50.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m on hidplanet also. Great place for info and pictures.
    I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    really, what`s your name on hidplanet? I found most of the info on hidplanet before I did my retro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ej96hatch
    really, what`s your name on hidplanet? I found most of the info on hidplanet before I did my retro.

"v_eight".

No one on there seems to know what the deal is with my Element`s headlights and swapping S2K`s into it, but i`m sure it`s easily possible.
    I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    What model Element do you have? Do you have the regular version or the SC? The SC comes with halogen projectors I think. The SC should not be too hard to retro IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    HID is the way to go that`s for sure.

One thing I`ve done is change bulbs and side markers from Xenonmods.com and from Hoen-usa.com. This way, you can taylor the look you`re after!

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    that paint looks great, what did you use, i want a nice big ole fat list dear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere
    that paint looks great, what did you use, i want a nice big ole fat list dear

The paint I used on the outer plastic chrome trim is Krylon fusion in satin black, and the paint I used for the middle where the projector is Dupli Color "Engine Enamel" flat black I believe. The chrome part around the porjector is a 2.5" chrome pipe flange from ACE hardware and the chrome flange is jb welded to an aluminum/light metal stove drip bowl that goes under the coils of an electric stove to keep stuff from falling down. That`s why I used the high heat since it will get kinda hot.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what are the bulbs and ballasts that everyone`s using these days? Is everyone still sticking to Philips ballasts?
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information