Post Thanks / Like
    Today, I installed a Bra/Nose Mask on the front end of my new 300C. It`s my 1st Bra. (lol) Really.......it is. So my questions are this:

1) With this being the 1st ever Bra/Mask I`ve owned, does it have to be removed everytime I wash my new bundle of joy? (silly question, but I need to know. I wash her twice a week on average.)

2) Rain is few & far between here in West Texas, but do I need to remove the Bra/Mask while driving in the rain & does it need to be removed to dry after driving in the rain?

3) What about the use of vinyl protectants on it? Is it really a no-no??

Once again........silly questions, I know. But I`m concerned about the longevity of the plastic clips if I`m constantly installing/removing my "LeBra". I`m also concerned with the condition of the paint beneath the Bra in terms of causing unwanted marring.

Thanks in advance to all.............

Rob :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I have yet to get one myself, advice I often hear (and agree with) is

1) Yes, so you can wash evenly. Also, hit the area you keep under the bra with some extra wax

2) What is important is to not allow water to sit under the bra for extended periods of time. So, if you can, try to keep it off in the rain (although it would probably be impractical to do this for every rain storm). The important thing is to keep it dry under there (or allow it to dry with the rest of the car)

3) I dunno, sorry

I think the biggest issue marring wise is 1) buying a low quality bra (which I don`t think LeBra is), or allowing dirt to stay under the bra, causing it to slide and scratch. I think that any possible marring would be a fair trade off for the possible bugs and rock chips you are preventing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a neighbour who has a Bra on his Sport Ute and he loosens it and lets it hang over the front end every week when he washes the vehicle. So far after 2-3 years the bra and front paint are still doing fine.

I couldn`t be bothered with loosening or removing and therefore went for a clear bra (3M) for which I am very happy.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your input Paul. As for the "wax" issue............The directions say to use a paste wax under the Bra. I just got through with a 2 day Zaino detail. I might remove the Bra & apply some Natty`s blue beneath where the Bra sits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blake: I thought about the Clear Bra. I decided to go the cheaper route & went with "LeBra". Time will tell, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    In terms of using a paste wax under the Bra........What about using an acrylic based sealant instead? (Klasse-Werkstatt-CG FS/MS???) Will the Z5 Pro/Z2 Pro currently on my car surfice??? Any thoughts?????

Post Thanks / Like
    A good quality sealant should be just fine. I would use something that is durable and certainly your Zaino should do the trick. The neighbour I referred to just washes and waxes the area as if the bra wasn`t going over it.

Also acknowledge that the clear bra can be very expensive on your big front end. Great how we make nice used cars for someone else isn`t it. :sosad
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the best way to wash the Bra/Mask it`s self? :think2 Throw it in the wash machine? I have had mine for a few years and its getting preaty dirty.

Thread Information