Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just curious, why everyone thinks I shouldn`t do the red out? I`ve gotten the same responses on another forum too. I think I`m gonna order the vinyl pre-cut and depending on how pleased I am with the look and matching, I`ll debadge. The vinyl can`t be too expensive, and if it`s that bad I can remove it fairly easy. For some reason I have a strong feeling that if I don`t red out my signals, I won`t debadge it. I dunno why I feel that way, but I feel if I do one I have to do the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    De-badge and red out!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2 cents worth, debadging yes, red vinyl no. I`ve always like the orange signals. I remember when American cars had all red signals for both brake and turn signals. European car were the ones with the orange turn signals. I just thought it looked cool then and still do now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you should de-badge and red out. That 2nd pic you posted is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by cute02spec
    I think it`d look nice and a lot less cluttered on the back. And, just like everyone else said, a lot easier to clean around!

My SE-R is debaged except for the Nissan emblem. I did it because people like to come by and steal the SE-R emblems, usually using a screwdriver or some other invasive tools. I figure I rather remove them nicely then have someone yank them off for me taking paint and whatever else along with the badge. Plus I wanna be sneaky and have people think it`s just a normal Sentra

Ha, same here. No badges on my `91 SE-R. :2thumbs: Still have the decal on the back of the NX, but most people don`t even know what an NX is!

Post Thanks / Like
    how do you de-badge?
    Darren F

Post Thanks / Like
    I reckon debadge but no red out.

As to how to debadge. I use fishing line in a sawing action to work through the adhesive. It can be worthwhile before starting the whole process to use some WD40 or Citrus Oil to soften the adhesive.

Once you have the badge off, use a Heat Gun or Hair Dryer on the remaining adhesive and roll it off. Use WD40 or Citrus Oil to get any residue adhesive and then polish & wax.

Do your research to make sure there are no holes before removing the badge as it costs a lot to have them filled and the whole panel painted, to do the job right.
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    de-badge, i just debadged my G... if i was you i would red out too

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d say do it, I did it on my Acura and loved the look, made it look a lot cleaner, and it was a lot easier to dry/polish/wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I would take off the other badges and then just leave the A in the middle that looks sweet! I would also instead of redding out the tails since you car is black I would tint them I think it would look better and give it a sleek looks and would match much better than redding the lights out. I debaged my trunk on my 300 took off the chrysler badge and the badge that says 300 I think it looks way better to me it makes it nice and smooth!

Post Thanks / Like
    lukeinva, how did you deal with the holes they have under the Chrysler Wing?
    Heading towards "obsessed" - Got Orbital, been to my Detailing Workshop and now understand Orbital & Clay

Post Thanks / Like
    just a tip on my explorer I did a red out on the tails (looks MUCH better on the X`s) but I didnt use film

I used testors candy apple red spray and wetsanded it down. It looked perfect, let me dig up a pic

Here you go (nevermind the waterspots these were the pre autopian days...)

- Ghostrider you`re at 3/4 of a mile call the ball

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowin97x

Not bad, and your repping the TMNT :2thumbs:

I was just gonna keep everything stock, since I was getting mixed feelings on the red outs myself as I looked at more and more pictures; but DecalGirl finally e-mailed me back and she only charges $6 for the layouts. I just ordered them and my total came out to $10, I opted for the faster shipping since it was only $2 more, and I start my full time job next week.

So for $10 I`ll see how I like them on my car and go from there.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just though I`d give an update...

I received my order from DecalGirl earlier this week. I kinda rushed putting them on and needless to say I messed them up. It`s OK, because they really didn`t match, and I didn`t like them in person at all. I ended up removing them and will just keep it stock as is.

Oh well $10 down the drain but at least I saw how I liked them. I`ve spent the same on cover for some clubs/lounges

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi57
    lukeinva, how did you deal with the holes they have under the Chrysler Wing?

Got them welded closed then painted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDaJackal
    Just though I`d give an update...

I received my order from DecalGirl earlier this week. I kinda rushed putting them on and needless to say I messed them up. It`s OK, because they really didn`t match, and I didn`t like them in person at all. I ended up removing them and will just keep it stock as is.

Oh well $10 down the drain but at least I saw how I liked them. I`ve spent the same on cover for some clubs/lounges

You shoudl really tint them! It will look sweet! Get some VHT nite shade $15 a can. Put 2 coats on. Let dry wet sand clean with paint cleaner, spray on 3-5 coats of clear. Wet sand clean and then polish!!! Looks great!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information