Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I remember when.....

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo99 View Post
    Polycharge messes with the shelf life that much? I would`ve thought it would make the product life longer.
    It is a catalyst. It increases the bonding between the Wet Diamond polymers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    FWIW, I recently used a 8 year old bottle of BFWD and it worked fine. This is before Polycharger (TM) was added to the formula so the shelf life was longer. To err on the side of caution, I would say 2 years with Polycharger, although you will probably get far longer.

Todd, I was under the impression that new "revised" version BFWD did away with the PolyCharger because the new formula was much better and didn`t need it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Todd, I was under the impression that new "revised" version BFWD did away with the PolyCharger because the new formula was much better and didn`t need it.

Wet Diamond AFPP is still Polycharged (as is Polymer Spray) and others. Some products in the BF line up that were previously Polycharged no longer benefited from it with the newer formula (the tire dressing for example).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Yeow! Me either......Great stuff but $40.00?
    It was ALL IN THE MARKETING PLAN...Create a demand and high level of interest and then you can ask about what you want.

I see this in the CA wine industry, a small lot winery gets a few awards for their wine (s) and the price of the wine goes thought the roof.

BF is no different.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I have always thought BFWD was great, I`m wondering if-is it worth doing a secound coat, like a hour after you do the first.

Post Thanks / Like

BFWD is great, but 4 Star destroys it in just about every useful category IMO. Less dust, easier to apply (not that BFWD is hard), and looks just as good if not better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    BFWD is great, but 4 Star destroys it in just about every useful category IMO. Less dust, easier to apply (not that BFWD is hard), and looks just as good if not better.
    Really, I havent tried 4 star yet.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity, how does this compare to DG 105/501? Does it look better and/or last longer? It can`t possibly go on or off better, as DG is like butter, plus the DG has cleaning ability as well, but $40.00 vs $8.99 ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does this compare to DG 105/501? Does it look better and/or last longer? It can`t possibly go on or off better, as DG is like butter, plus the DG has cleaning ability as well, but $40.00 vs $8.99 ...
    I love DG and use it often on family members car, but I cant describe the look, but I dont like it.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    4 Star and BFWD are both easier to apply and remove than the DG products. DG can get a little tough to remove if you put it on too heavy, while the other two are a breeze not matter what. I have seen 6 months out of 4 star and DG, but I`ve hear other people get much longer out of DG if they layer it. With DG you can`t go wrong for the price, but i do prefer 4 star for it`s ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    The formula has been improved (4 times) since its debut, way back in `01/`02. Thanks for you support and opinion and most of all, WELCOME TO AUTOPIA FORUMS!
    Hey Todd I am still very new here. I`ve tried some of BlackFires products and so fare like them very much. How long ago did BlackFire start out? I didn`t realize they were around for so long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
    4 Star and BFWD are both easier to apply and remove than the DG products. DG can get a little tough to remove if you put it on too heavy, while the other two are a breeze not matter what. I have seen 6 months out of 4 star and DG, but I`ve hear other people get much longer out of DG if they layer it. With DG you can`t go wrong for the price, but i do prefer 4 star for it`s ease of use.
    I`m not sure you can layer DG 105/501, it has chemical cleaners I thought, so any further application would remove the old application.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information