Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire de-code

I picked these two up from a private seller for $65.00. Both are new. Just wondering if anyone knows how to decode the date on the BFMS. 3/22/11?
    If that date is correct, was that when PAC sold BF? If so, has the BFMS formula changed since ? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the jar I have is Batch #25 and I got it from Todd when he came over to ACC last year. That probably doesn`t help answer your question though

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire de-code

Batch 25 was the last batch from the PAC days. I don`t think anything was changed with the MS in the recent revamp, but I could be wrong. Either way I think you will be very happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a jar of Midnight Sun after the transfer to PBMG. I have been extremely happy with it. I am sure you will find its a super easy wax to use with great results.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

The newest version is slightly different (not enough to make a huge difference) but it has better sourced ingredients and some detail changes.

That is the older batch.

The code you see is the batch code (it is not a date code). IIRC that was poured sometime in early 2011. It is fine/fresh and you got a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. Only problem is I have so many LSPs I`ve bought and haven`t used yet I many not get a chance to try these until the summer.

Is there any merit to storing wax in a fridge? I`ve seen people doing this, but have yet to see a manufacturer recommend it, so I`ve held off. What the best storage temp?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Thanks. Only problem is I have so many LSPs I`ve bought and haven`t used yet I many not get a chance to try these until the summer.

Is there any merit to storing wax in a fridge? I`ve seen people doing this, but have yet to see a manufacturer recommend it, so I`ve held off. What the best storage temp?
    Whatever your body likes, your wax will like. BTW nice buy.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s not a problem! That`s normal

Wax is not really organic. There is nothing that is going to decompose in the container so storing in cool temperature is not going to slow the aging (if you will) of the wax. Wax in solvent and polymers in binders are pretty stable as long as the container is air tight. It is reaction to air (and the evaporation of solvents/oils/binders) that will age the wax.

However, as long as the wax is kept at reasonably cool temperatures in your fridge, nothing bad is going to happen. If you desire you can store it in your fridge with not ill effects as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd, you seem exceptionally knowledgable about all detailing. How did you get started with Blackfire? Was it your company? I`m sure I`m not the only one who would be interested in The BlackFire Story.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, you seem exceptionally knowledgable about all detailing. How did you get started with Blackfire? Was it your company? I`m sure I`m not the only one who would be interested in The BlackFire Story.
    I`m not that smart. Luckily I have learned from some of the best in this industry and retain knowledge fairly well.

A long time ago (2005ish) I had bought Menzerna from the previous owners of BLACKFIRE. In the box came a BLACKFIRE pamphlet. I thought the product looked cool but at the time I was using Menzerna polishes and Zaino sealants, so I threw the pamphlet away, but it kind of stuck with me.

Around 2008, I was looking for a new sealant to use, and had remembered that old BLACKFIRE phamplet. By this point in my detailing career, I had been lucky enough to have a thirty for knowledge and had started to build a good amount of contacts for information in the industry. I tried BLACKFIRE, and loved how easy to wiped on and wiped away, which was HUGE. At the end of a 20 hour polishing session, the last thing I wanted to fight was streaks, smears, and difficult removal.

I contacted CMA, the makers of BLACKFIRE, and after several long conversations with the owner, Jack, he mentioned that he wanted to start a forum. I agreed to help out with the forum (which is archived here as TID) which lead to a full time position. When CMA closed I had a ton of experience with BLACKFIRE and also had learned a lot of knowledge about detailing chemicals from some of the best in the industry.

Max, the CEO of PBMG, asked me to oversee the transition of BLACKFIRE (which he acquired) to PBMG, as well as accept the positions of Direct of Development for BLACKFIRE, Autopia-CarCare, and AutopiaForums. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to increase my knowledge and continue my journey and I accepted.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool story, thanks for sharing Todd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I`m not that smart. Luckily I have learned from some of the best in this industry and retain knowledge fairly well.

A long time ago (2005ish) I had bought Menzerna from the previous owners of BLACKFIRE. In the box came a BLACKFIRE pamphlet. I thought the product looked cool but at the time I was using Menzerna polishes and Zaino sealants, so I threw the pamphlet away, but it kind of stuck with me.

Around 2008, I was looking for a new sealant to use, and had remembered that old BLACKFIRE phamplet. By this point in my detailing career, I had been lucky enough to have a thirty for knowledge and had started to build a good amount of contacts for information in the industry. I tried BLACKFIRE, and loved how easy to wiped on and wiped away, which was HUGE. At the end of a 20 hour polishing session, the last thing I wanted to fight was streaks, smears, and difficult removal.

I contacted CMA, the makers of BLACKFIRE, and after several long conversations with the owner, Jack, he mentioned that he wanted to start a forum. I agreed to help out with the forum (which is archived here as TID) which lead to a full time position. When CMA closed I had a ton of experience with BLACKFIRE and also had learned a lot of knowledge about detailing chemicals from some of the best in the industry.

Max, the CEO of PBMG, asked me to oversee the transition of BLACKFIRE (which he acquired) to PBMG, as well as accept the positions of Direct of Development for BLACKFIRE, Autopia-CarCare, and AutopiaForums. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to increase my knowledge and continue my journey and I accepted.

In the right place at the right time, what more could you ask for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

and i`m glad you did....i suppose i started with pac around the start of that forum...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    and i`m glad you did....i suppose i started with pac around the start of that forum...
    Thanks (everybody)

Thread Information