Post Thanks / Like

Under Carriage Spray vs Tire Dressing

I have been using Adam`s Undercarriage Spray (supposedly similar to Griots sold by Troy and AG) and also water based tire dressings like PB BnB or just Armor spray foam. Armor seems to clean better than anything else but not cheap when using the aerosol cans -- but more uses per can than the Meg`s Hot Shine.

I cannot say if either works looks better, lasts longer, etc but if I had to pick one I would say it is tire dressings not the Undercarriage Spray.

From a smell perspective, the Undercarriage Spray has a wierd solvent like intense grape smell.

I was thinking if I wanted durability I could switch to Meg`s All Season Dressing which is not water based.

Any one else have an opinions on the benefits of one versus another?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Under Carriage Spray vs Tire Dressing

Seeing as how I can get a can of cheap tire foam for a buck or two, I just use that on my undercarriage a few times a year. It cleans and it adds a little shine, and keeps the dirt from sticking as bad the next time it rains or I drive a skidder trail in the woods. I personally don`t see a benefit to using an undercarriage specific product.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

i love adams undercarrage spray . bought a gallon of it . really leaves a nice black look to my undercarrage ...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree^^

Post Thanks / Like

I use chemical guys bare bones and LOVE it.Used BnB for months and now I save that for tires only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I use chemical guys bare bones and LOVE it.Used BnB for months and now I save that for tires only.
    Longevity, looks? I have used various products and never felt it really lasted either. I just decided to continue using BnB and another tire shine for now until there is some sale at AG or DC (Griot`s version) where I order something else.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered it once (2 bottles). When I got it both the caps were loose and the stuff was oozing a little.
    I gave it away. To me something like that shows little caring. So I stick with BnB.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I ordered it once (2 bottles). When I got it both the caps were loose and the stuff was oozing a little.
    I gave it away. To me something like that shows little caring. So I stick with BnB.
    This is how I judge politicans. not detailing suppliers.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Longevity, looks? I have used various products and never felt it really lasted either. I just decided to continue using BnB and another tire shine for now until there is some sale at AG or DC (Griot`s version) where I order something else.
    Lol nothing lasts on my truck,no matter what or who makes it.I simply just put too many miles a day through construction zones,La weather,etc.I can say that it last longer than BnB,you can tell after spraying it on,it kind of hardens up a little.Unfortunately I haven`t gone more than 3 days with a clean truck all year

For what it`s worth,I`ve heard from many people the adams undercarriage spray is a direct rip off of the bare bones...That may be harsh,maybe they`re just identical

Post Thanks / Like

For what it`s worth,I`ve heard from many people the adams undercarriage spray is a direct rip off of the bare bones...That may be harsh,maybe they`re just identical
    Yep. I have heard the same thing and I still would buy Adam`s version knowing it cost a little bit more if AG or DC sold it. Now that AG sells Griot`s Garage version I can get it from them when I get in the mood.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information